Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ShieldBreaker Ah, yes that would be much more serious. A scam is used to greatly benefit more than just the scammer's mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    And /thread. What's the point? If someone wants to scam other people, let them.
    .....Rofl. Make up your mind already, is it RP and freedom and letting people have fun their way or is it just a bannable offense. violation.
    First of all, let's all acknowledge that conflicting opinions can still function together. I agree with this statement, Grobyd. I think they should be able to do it, but of course, they shouldn't be surprised when players treat them poorly afterward. Should it be a bannable offense? We can't say that every kind of scam is excusable and undeserving of a ban. They vary in severity. That's the mods' job though. To evaluate the offense and decide if its bannable. It's not the community's decision, thankfully.

So far, the developers don't make sure that players are having fun all the time, hence the decline in online numbers. Please note, no great scammers in the game yet. Scammers are not the greatest evil, infact people should not give their valuables to any strangers. that's like the rule # 1.
    I agree again. Players need to be careful or they could be tricked into losing something that might be valuable to them. I think the only other thought I have to say in this thread is that scamming people in a video game is not serious, but it is a lame and childish source of entertainment.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rofl. Make up your mind already, is it RP and freedom and letting people have fun their way or is it just a bannable offense. violation.

So far, the developers don't make sure that players are having fun all the time, hence the decline in online numbers. Please note, no great scammers in the game yet. Scammers are not the greatest evil, infact people should not give their valuables to any strangers. that's like the rule # 1.
    There was no indecision they have to take steps against those that seek to wreck the fun of the majority. Probably the first steps would only be a warning.

The game is in alpha, and doesn't have a complete set of game play content yet. They are still trying to work out the systems underpinning the game. It doesn't take that long to max out your main skills. Not even sure you are right about decline in online numbers, I don't have absolute proof either way. You might even know that evidence you have witnessed indicates that the player base is growing, but that doesn't matter you just want to be negative for some reason. So you are saying trusting people are a greater evil than thieves. Victim blaming at its finest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like this is alot of talking for the sake of talking, eh?

Unless there was some giant rash of scams recently that I missed I don't see how this could be a problem atm, the second the scammer logs in again most people will know as this is a fairly small community at its core. We know each other. Anyways, its fairly easy to combat: dont give away your stuff unless you are trading for what you want...this is basic MMO stuff here.

PS: You can never really know what you are getting when buying a WOP until you use it. Part of the song and dance of using them, so you really shouldn't expect that something useful will come out of that unless you know the person, even then they might prank you. :P

PPS:
    Not to be mean, but you haven't been around awhile. A few months ago there were only 10-30 people online at times, short term it may seem like there are less people but its a increase overall, this happens after every large patch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    So you are saying trusting people are a greater evil than thieves. Victim blaming at its finest.
    Yes, without going into much detail, because it's partly their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    The game is in alpha, and doesn't have a complete set of game play content yet. They are still trying to work out the systems underpinning the game. It doesn't take that long to max out your main skills.
    Doesn't matter, because...

Quote Originally Posted by FURY View Post
    Unless there was some giant rash of scams recently that I missed I don't see how this could be a problem atm, the second the scammer logs in again most people will know as this is a fairly small community at its core. We know each other. Anyways, its fairly easy to combat: dont give away your stuff unless you are trading for what you want...this is basic MMO stuff here.
    And /thread again. Fury won. :P

PPS:
    Not to be mean, but you haven't been around awhile. A few months ago there were only 10-30 people online at times, short term it may seem like there are less people but its a increase overall, this happens after every large patch.
    Nah, was a bit more than 30, I was here a couple of month ago. 10-30 @ times, no wonder, every early morning online falls to 30-40. I was judging by 30-100-200-150-100. nvm tho, we'll see.

It's ok to be mean to me, I'm a grown up, I can handle it. =)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervase View Post
    Convince some one to give you items, in return you'll make some thing for them with those items or come back with some thing different.
    Verbal contracts are not binding in the continent of Alharth.

Seriously i don't think something like this should be bannable. We don't want to teach people to be too naive or they'll start sharing their passwords and things will really go south.

Always ask for collateral for your materials if you are asking someone you don't trust well to craft them for you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, without going into much detail, because it's partly their own fault.

Doesn't matter, because...

And /thread again. Fury won. :P

Nah, was a bit more than 30, I was here a couple of month ago. 10-30 @ times, no wonder, every early morning online falls to 30-40. I was judging by 30-100-200-150-100. nvm tho, we'll see.

It's ok to be mean to me, I'm a grown up, I can handle it. =)

Seems like this is alot of talking for the sake of talking, eh?

PS: You can never really know what you are getting when buying a WOP until you use it. Part of the song and dance of using them, so you really shouldn't expect that something useful will come out of that unless you know the person, even then they might prank you. :P

PPS:

The threads purpose was to see how people felt about scamming and it's place within this game. It wasn't directed at preventing it - or to alert others of it.

Beyond that, I provided my own opinion on it which entailed that I think people can choose their play styles and shouldn't be punished for it via Moderators / Game Masters.

Personally, I'd rather the community work together and continue to be trusting of one another. It's -extremely- pleasing (For me at least) when I ask for X service, Player A offers, I meet with them and trade them what they need - and a few minutes later a product is delivered. I've done this -so- much that I no longer worry about having my items taken and nothing given in return, which pretty much triggered my thought about scamming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to get yourself completely frozen out of the player run economy, go right ahead.

Scamming a person will only hurt them in the short term. You on the other hand, you will hurt for a long time. You might be able to get away with scamming people on a huge game like World of Warcraft if you lay low, but in a game with such a small community? You might as well be playing a single player game if you give yourself a reputation as a scammer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there is a lot of room for scamming in this game. I have never had that problem. In my over 2 years of playing this game, I've never given mats to someone I didn't know hoping I get back what they promised. I've only given mats to people on my friends list and in my guild. I trust them both and never had a doubt I'd get back what they promised.

There are a lot of new players coming to this game so I can see scamming happening more and more. Is it something you ban? I can't say yes to that. It's always up the the buyer to beware. I'd say if people are running the same scam over and over towards players, I'd say take put them on a banned list. And that banned list should be something everyone can view.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Con artists using OOC chat should be banned. Period.

(Words of Power are not scams, they're pranks.)
    Last edited by Crissa; 01-30-2017 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Con artists using OOC chat should be banned. Period.

(Words of Power are not scams, they're pranks.)
    So you are saying that a person should be banned because they were able to get a complete stranger to trust them. Is it the game's responsibility to save us from ourselves? As I said, I do believe in banning people whose soul purpose is to scam. I have no idea how to check that. It's also why I mentioned that I only trade mats to guild mates and people on my friend list.

Now if you are talking about someone who only wants to scam - then I 100% agree with you.
    Last edited by Spiritfingers; 01-30-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Footer