Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Giant Bat needs some love

Hey,

I enjoy a lot Giant Bat, and since it was released I been playing as bat. Sadly there are some things I will love to see improved as I find them pretty harsh.

1-As Bat, as any animal form, some npcs don't talking you. Also as creepy Animal form even less npcs talk to you. This will be fine as it, but currently the other 2 creepy forms have easy ways to avoid this. Wolf can just transform back to human (if not full moon), and spider have a long CD illusion spell. The only option left for bat is the word of power to transform yourself for 2 min. I think this cheap a lot been a creepy animal when only one is punished for this.
    Suggestion: Give Bat an illusion spell similar to spider or move them out from creepy animal to just animal

2-Skills. The most important skills are drops that are found only at Halloween. So basically, any player starting bat can be stuck for 1 year without any of this skills. That’s harsh. Yeah, you can buy some for players, but the supply if very low and a new player will not have that kind of money to pay for them.
    Suggestion: Trainer in animal town should sell the scrolls or there should a token system, similar to druid or werewolf where you can farm the rare skills

3-Special equipment. Bat special item is the bat combat belt, which does absolute nothing. It enables unarmed on bat, when already all animals can fight unarmed. Can we replace the belt with something useful? At least that does something? Cows and werewolf have armor, bunnies can use ice magic, etc.
    Suggestion: Belt should enable a skill bat normally don't have access. Knife Fighting for example (bat could use the claws, so only the melee part) could be fitting as it about bleeds and poison.

That are just few ideas,

I will like to hear what other thinks.

Pd: sorry for my poor English.

Thanks
    Last edited by corelion; 04-10-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corelion View Post
    Hey,

I enjoy a lot Giant Bat, and since it was released I been playing as bat. Sadly there are some things I will love to see improved as I find them pretty harsh.

1-As Bat, as any animal form, some npcs don't talking you. Also as creepy Animal form even less npcs talk to you. This will be fine as it, but currently the other 2 creepy forms have easy ways to avoid this. Wolf can just transform back to human (if not full moon), and spider have a long CD illusion spell. The only option left for bat is the word of power to transform yourself for 2 min. I think this cheap a lot been a creepy animal when only one is punished for this.
    Suggestion: Give Bat an illusion spell similar to spider or move them out from creepy animal to just animal

2-Skills. The most important skills are drops that are found only at Halloween. So basically, any player starting bat can be stuck for 1 year without any of this skills. That’s harsh. Yeah, you can buy some for players, but the supply if very low and a new player will not have that kind of money to pay for them.
    Suggestion: Trainer in animal town should sell the scrolls or there should a token system, similar to druid or werewolf where you can farm the rare skills

3-Special equipment. Bat special item is the bat combat belt, which does absolute nothing. It enables unarmed on bat, when already all animals can fight unarmed. Can we replace the belt with something useful? At least that does something? Cows and werewolf have armor, bunnies can use ice magic, etc.
    Suggestion: Belt should enable a skill bat normally don't have access. Knife Fighting for example (bat could use the claws, so only the melee part) could be fitting as it about bleeds and poison.

That are just few ideas,

I will like to hear what other thinks.

Pd: sorry for my poor English.

Thanks
    I just saw this while braising some veggies, but I had to post~ I like the idea! I feel like bat was an off skill, like a lot of animal skills, weren't really given a lot of love. There should be some unique additions, I agree. For the most part I do have some reserves about your specific suggestions.

I like that each animal form generally tends to defer to a unique subset of interactions. I do believe that currently it is too harsh on bat, but I don't think copying the direct illusion of spider is the correct path.

Again, the Halloween exclusion I believe is too harsh, but, again, I believe that bat should have unique additions rather then copying existing content.

I would like to see armor for EVERY specialization, I think...hmm..

This has given me a lot to think about. I don't like half assing opinions, i'll write my third volume on animal forms and then direct you a link, that way you can have your fair justice in a response. Sorry this one is so short, I don't have the time atm though to give you a through opinion.
    Last edited by fellentier; 04-10-2018 at 03:53 AM.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Thread Footer