Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Yeah, the icon changes are part of a continuous process to replace the ancient prototype icons. We don't usually bother to mention those as they fall under "miscellaneous art tweaks" type stuff, although this time around there were more changed icons than usual.

RE: purple sugar and other weirdness: a few of those old icons were shared by multiple items and we didn't notice, so when we made the icon better represent one thing, it represents the other thing worse. We'll break them off into their own icon and fix them... unless of course it turns out to be more fun leaving them un-fixed.
    At this point, purple sugar has become enough of a meme within the community that it should stay that way for the hell of it. We've already began to threaten to refund our PG purchases because it's such a game-breaking issue. For shame, dev team. For shame.

The steam prep patch was successful, and I'm really glad some of the content added was added. I am disappointed the knockback fix wasn't included, and I really hope it's included ASAP. For newbies running into Serbule Crypt only to get knocked out of the world by the rhino, it's going to be a nightmare, especially if anybody is doing hardcore mode.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the fog. Update

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the purple sugar adds a touch of unique but would be more fitting if the pixie sugar was this color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing we need our Steam keys before we can review the game. It's been forever since I liked a game enough to bother. And this game hits all my favorite buttons, especially the player silliness.
    https://i.imgur.com/EX0EsLC.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback on Rahu Mines:
    I spent around 30 minutes walking around this revised area and have the following comments:
    [I was the only tester in the area]

Skills used Fire /BC AOE build. Gear: level 70 max crafted with augs

Nodes: Quantity and respawn rate is about right (maybe a bit too fast on respawn)
    Node loot: Seemed very random in content, but plentiful

Mob difficulty: Easy. I could 1-shot the prisoners and 2-shot the guards (but I was in max crafted with fully auged gear, so it is not representative of the tester base)
    Mob loot drops: Was OK and better balanced than many other mobs i.e. nothing out of place or unexpected

Mob density & respawn rate: Too high, I was often fighting 10+ mobs at a time, max. was 14 at once (A real gift for an AOE spec ).
    Suggest that it is reviewed, especially as many testers are likely to become stun-locked to death by the mobs.

Overall perception : Likely to become the preferred grind spot for mining and XP for many people (cf. panthers in Kur grinding)
    Decent place to farm xp with high chance of death for most people.
    Feels like it would be a really interesting area to try at the level designed for it

I would expect it to be highly challenging & rewarding to a level 50 tester in pink /gold gear. As it currently is, it will require careful positioning and timing to avoid multiple deaths.
    Anyone who tries to rush or force this area at level 50 (& the same applies to a level 70) is going to get very frustrated and lots of deaths.
    I liked and enjoyed it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I haven't yet seen a biome for sugar cane, so obviously it's poorly refined beet sugar...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shava23 View Post
    Well, I haven't yet seen a biome for sugar cane, so obviously it's poorly refined beet sugar...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it all is fine so far. One question: Is it possible to have two accounts on line on one computer at the same time using one steam account?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn View Post
    I think it all is fine so far. One question: Is it possible to have two accounts on line on one computer at the same time using one steam account?

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
    Nope. You'll need a separate steam account for each client, as well as a way to separate the steam instances, such as a virtual machine. Cross account muleing is about to get a bit more difficult.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I agree with previous comments and I like the Icons.
    We are in a fantasy world and purple sugar can be a part of this world and just make the Sugar cane when we grow it look purple maybe ?
    Pixie Sugar shouldn't be Purple as it's from Pixies and can be what ever colour the Pixies are maybe ?
    I run at 4K and except for the lag in Serbule from all the extra players most other areas run a constant 60fps.
    I only get the Shade circle under me now in a few sporadic areas and mainly areas with a lot of shade.
    If I fly into the air it disappears and only comes back when I go into a partially shaded area again.
    Graphics I would agree look a little better than before and being an old AC player I really enjoy them.
    I prefer areas to be a little tougher than easy as anyone that played AC and went into the Tusker Dungeon or the Areas with the Olthoi would know what many creatures looked like
    I like that they haven't followed the current trend to make Dungeons change to a players level as that makes the game unplayable to Solo players.
    I am all for groups but if I missed a Dungeon or need something in a Dungeon I like how I can go in by myself and still complete it if I am careful or not so careful in much lower Dungeons.
    I am one of the Council in my Guild and like to help New players and having Dungeons stay at the level they were designed at allows me to help them do the quests or favours in there.
    Please keep it this way.
    Some players have complained the Dungeons aren't instances for each special person, I like the open Dungeon much better as now if a group is having trouble killing a boss you can help them.
    Yes it also makes it that some players that like to be annoying can tag the creature first but why are you standing there twiddling your thumbs in a group and not ready for the creature or Boss to re-spawn ?
    If you are cursed you can at least be alone and help a group kill a Boss and get rid of the curse.
    There are far more advantages to non instance dungeons than disadvantages.
    Steam if they gave a damn about their Customers would make multiple accounts able to be done from the games menu, it's not that hard to allow two instances of a game to run at once.
    All you need is two installs able to be added to the game menu.
    It's not PGs fault we can't dual log as we could previously, it's a Steam issue.
    I am sure some clever person will come up with a way to do it.
    I have Grand Children and have multiple accounts for them and to help them out at times I will do quests they don't like or because of school and such I will gather for them or things that may be a little boring for kids, I have 4 computers in my Office at home so can just move my chair between each but would be a lot easier if i could just multi boot on the same system and just alt tab between each.
    Would also save money for those that don't have multiple computers.
    So far very happy with the way the game is going and please make sure Balance is removed from the dictionary of PG
    Last edited by Gardum; 03-25-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Thread Footer