Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: o7
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o7

As much as I love this game and appreciate the genius of the Devs.....no pvp=no dice. To be the spiritual successor to UO you have to have pvp. Time to move on it was great playing with you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh, gotta play what makes you happy. Take it easy and hope you find a good pvp game you can enjoy. /wave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t recall seeing anything about Project: Gorgon claiming it to be the spiritual successor to Ultima Online.

Sounds like there are several big PvP games on the horizon though, not been following them since that isn’t my thing.

I’m guessing that SotA didn’t scratch that itch?
    Last edited by Taledar; 05-10-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: a word

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taledar View Post
    Don’t recall seeing anything about Project: Gorgon claiming it to be the spiritual successor to Ultima Online.

Sounds like there are several big PvP games on the horizon though, not been following them since that isn’t my thing.

I’m guessing that SotA didn’t scratch that itch?
    Indeed if anything this would be a spiritual successor to Asheron's Call. Which did have a pvp server but only one and all the others were pve.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    stop looking for spiritual succesoors and start appreciating the spirit

but to each one's own

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for PVP in a game that has stated over and over they have no plans for PVP? I'm always surprised by this. But if it's not the game for you, i wish look elsewhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer that they do not have PvP at this point because it is just more chaos to add to the testing and usually games end up not being fun if you balance around PvP first (this coming from a highly competitive pvper in the past, I prefer they include it but balance it separately as nothing else in PVE MMO's works really). I think they have mentioned adding some kind of pvp arena and that would be perfect for this game, preferably with rankings once they have the balance decent. The question is going to be how you balance just a wonky (compliment) game like this. The first start would have to be lowering all incoming damage by about 95% of the original because otherwise everything would be a one shot from certain classes.

Edit: A good idea would be to finish the game and take strong feedback from veterans of the game who have a lot of pvp experience with the type of pvp they are trying to add. I would say to have any remotely serious pvp they would have to have separate diminshing returns, damage scaling, etc. to keep PvP remotely strategic and not just a constant state of crowd control or burst damage ending fights essentially as soon as they start. It can be done though, it would just take lots of work.

The other option is to include pvp as a joke, like say if they put pvp in right now where any mitigation build would be utterly a joke and pretty much archery would never lose (unless something else has longer range that I can't think of, and does insane damage) due to 1 hitting everything. If you don't know what I mean ask a player with archery how high they can hit with one shot if they perfectly mod it, it's more HP than you can ever, ever have and the mitigation we get is for 100-200 damage TOPS and that is with a heavy mitigation build (there are only a few).
    Last edited by Arundel; 05-11-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PvP is not a big deal for me, and with only two people working on it, they don't have the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a PvP zone in Seruble. Literally the only thing blocking the entrance is 2 psychic mantises; and I think if you're looking to defeat players you should at least be able to defeat them, so it's a pretty sound system in my opinion. I'm sure there's even more PvP zones considering the other hub towns at higher levels, unless you're just looking to slaughter people randomly as they're doing their own thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fare-the-well PVP nomad! May you find the game that satisfies your needs.

Be wary though, for your quest will be long and fraught with disappointment. Many have sought PVP release among otherwise PvE-centric titles since the dawn of MMOs, and tomorrow's promised ideal always seems ephemeral when its time arrives. It is most fortuitous then, for those such as yourself, that tomorrow oft brings yet another promised ideal to chase after.

While on your journey, please consider trying EvE Online, as it is the only PvP MMO worth playing specifically for the PvP.

It is known.

Thread Footer