Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    i guess i understand it now. Does it change the number on the map when you have completed one( update all the numbers on map, because that can be a problem even with normal surveying.
    It doesn't automatically update because you are just loading a text file beforehand. That would be a cool feature, but it's not too hard to guesstimate where they should be in order. The biggest challenge for me is alt+tabbing a bunch for sure. An in-game overlay would be great but might break TOS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were talking about ideas like that in guild chat last night. I don't see why there couldn't be a "renumber as you go along" option, though that would conflict a bit with having placed spacer items every 10 surveys in inventory at the start.

I was also thinking about having it optionally draw a little simulation of your inventory on the right, where it could either gray out each survey as you mark it as used, or have it remove the survey from the inventory entirely, so it'd actually be drawing the current expected state of the inventory.

The consensus was that those features didn't add enough to be worth it, but I wouldn't mind giving them a try and seeing how they look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cozycats View Post
    How about this?

... stuffstuffstuff ...
    Yeah! That's pretty close to what we (Tamiq/Terramir/Clip) discussed. I'll give it a shot. Right now it's at the "eye-bleedingly horrible prototype" stage, and I'll add it as a beta/experimental/optional feature if it gets to some moderately acceptable level of suck. (No promise on schedule, this week is pretty busy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not used this tool yet but seems great.
    Would be nice to be able to draw and reccord a road by clicking pin after pin on the survey helper map (if this is possible). And once done, click a button that will calculate for you the clicking spot of each map in your inventory.

With the the previous exemple :
    Say I have 10 points...route is 6, 1, 9, 4, 10, 3, 5...
    so good clicking spot order is : 6, 1, 7, 3, 6, 2, 2...

Sorry for my non natural english
    Last edited by Elixir; 08-18-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a moderately awkward question, any idea where the ChatLog is on linux system?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just used the survey tool for the first time, and please allow me to say what an incredible help it is. Great work devolping it, and thank you for your incredible generosity in sharing it with the community.

For me the one thing that would improve it from incredibly helpful to stratospherically near-perfect is what i think was being suggested here:
    Quote Originally Posted by cozycats View Post
    I do survey #6 , then 1...that was easy. Surveys #6 and #1
    Now I have to remember that #9 is now in spot number 7
    I don't think it would be too difficult a change to implement. When the user clicks on a pin to change it from red to blue, all pins with a greater number should decrement by 1. Clicking the pin is an indicator that the user has completed that survey and removed it from the inventory. Hence all surveys further in the list should reduce their value by one, to indicate that they have moved one spot forward in the user's inventory.

Again thank you so much for the tool and for considering this suggestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Not used this tool yet but seems great.
    Would be nice to be able to draw and reccord a road by clicking pin after pin on the survey helper map (if this is possible). And once done, click a button that will calculate for you the clicking spot of each map in your inventory.

With the the previous exemple :
    so good clicking spot order is : 6, 1, 7, 3, 6, 2, 2...

Sorry for my non natural english
    Yes, I've been trying to figure out a way to do that without the interface being a mess. Thankfully Alleryn just suggested one that was way better than what I was trying. I will be doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    I have a moderately awkward question, any idea where the ChatLog is on linux system?
    Not a clue! Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    When the user clicks on a pin to change it from red to blue, all pins with a greater number should decrement by 1. Clicking the pin is an indicator that the user has completed that survey and removed it from the inventory. Hence all surveys further in the list should reduce their value by one, to indicate that they have moved one spot forward in the user's inventory.
    Oooh, thank you, that's a great idea! I was messing around with grids of numbers on the right side of the tool window to try to figure out how to undo map removal if you mis-clicked. It hadn't occurred to me to renumber the unchecked ones, and then the blue checked maps also work as the undo mechanism.

Thanks! I will definitely try that. Also, there's a beta version of the tool that does motherlodes. I should just make that the main page now...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't have PG installed on a linux system, but my guess would be something like
    home/<user>/.elder game/ ...

(Folders starting with a dot are usually hidden by default. You will need to show hidden files/folders to see these).

Have you tried searching the filesystem for a folder named ChatLogs or searching for the filename? The files get named (at least on windows) things like
    Chat-19-11-07.log

You could also probably type something in chat (so that it's logged) and then search your system for files that were recently changed.
    Last edited by alleryn; 11-07-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clip View Post
    Oooh, thank you, that's a great idea! I was messing around with grids of numbers on the right side of the tool window to try to figure out how to undo map removal if you mis-clicked. It hadn't occurred to me to renumber the unchecked ones, and then the blue checked maps also work as the undo mechanism.

Thanks! I will definitely try that..
    After i posted, i started thinking about the un-toggling situation. It had me concerned for a bit, but i think that part should be easy enough too.

There are probably multiple sensible ways to handle this but here's what i would do:

On toggle: Decrement the label of all pins (red and blue) that have a (strictly) larger label than that of toggled pin.
    On un-toggle: Increment the label of all pins (blue and red) which have label > that of toggled pin, and all red pins which have label = that of toggled pin (really there should only ever be at most one red pin like this).

[Note: There are situations where something like toggle A --> toggle B --> untoggle A --> untoggle B will flip the order, but i think this ultimately makes sense. (You can think of it as the user removing A then B from the inventory, then putting A back in, followed by B. Naturally things would flip. I guess if you are familiar with push/pop on stacks this may seem obvious i'm not really sure). But as long as the user uses 'undo' in the 'right' order (toggle A toggle B untoggle B untoggle A) the order will be preserved.]

I tried to create an example for why i think these increment/decrement operations make sense, but i think it just made things more confusing. Feel free (anyone really) to message me here on the forum, or on the Gorgon's Head Discord (i'm alleryn there as well) if you're looking for someone to bounce ideas off or anything.

Thanks again, Clip for putting the work in on this. It's making surveying a real breeze compared to trying to sort surveys "by hand".

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Now that I checked, the correct path is ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon as Chilton already discovered.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-07-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Footer