Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a small update!

• Added a post-rendering pass to try and bump labels up or down a bit so they are less likely overlap other labels or pins. (Simple inverse-distance repulsion.)
    • Added Ilmari. (Not too useful until I add motherlode support. But maybe you could use it for war caches? I haven't checked if the text pattern works.)
    • Added a summary of the count of each resource found to the chat window.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranperre View Post
    Potions are the only way to get the ones in the water. Even if you have duck form, you don't want to have to go back to the inn after every single one.

The other problem is that some motherlodes 100% require flight. So if you aren't a baby eating druid, you need to burn a flying WOP.
    Well, I disagree with potion part. I never used any potions, and didn't had problem with getting to nodes under water.

As for flying - yep, here you are totally right. But I take offense to the 'baby eating' part. I'm Druid AND werewolf and I never ate a baby.

I think...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another small update:

• Fixed a bug found by Sims, where if you toggle a pin blue, then load a new set of surveys, you have to click that pin number twice to turn it blue on the subsequent survey run.

Thanks to Sims for finding and doing a great job of characterizing that one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how is it benefitial? It doesnt replace my old map and when i go back into game, it is underneath the game, so you cant see both at the same time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figger1 View Post
    how is it benefitial? It doesnt replace my old map and when i go back into game, it is underneath the game, so you cant see both at the same time.
    It auto maps the surveys for you so you don't have to set pins. It also numbers them so they are easy to find in your pack. It is beneficial because these pins don't disappear unlike the radius that appears when you click the survey. You can tab in and out of game while just autorunning to the next location. I tried it for the first time last night and it worked great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it replaced the map and i could see my movement on that map that would be great but having to stop playing to glimpse at the map and hope you are going the correct direction. Maybe i am missing something about it or theres some way to incorporate it into the game that i dont know how to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a youtube or twitch of it so i could understand it more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it on a second monitor, with the map on the tool expanded so it fills the entire second screen. Then I zoom my minimap to roughly match that zoom level so it's easy to see at a glance whether I'm in the same place. Then I have the nice big map up on one screen, and the game in the other, and I always get each survey on the first try.

If you're working with one screen only, that would definitely be harder, because you'd have to switch back and forth. Maybe playing the game windowed and not using the entire screen would help?

Would it help to make a printable version for people with access to a printer? The original desktop version of this tool just made a .png that could have been printed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windowed mode and 2 monitors really helps. I get that it won't please everyone, I still find this survey helper tool is a game changer.
    If you use a picture itself, you lose the ability to click the icon itself to change its color.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess i understand it now. Does it change the number on the map when you have completed one( update all the numbers on map, because that can be a problem even with normal surveying.

Thread Footer