Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Client ver. rolled back, not updating

Hi all

So I started playing/testing a few weeks ago and when the Dec 16 update went live I encountered a problem with the launcher. I would run launcher, It would greenlight and say everything was up to date but when I get to the log-in screen I'm told I need to close and run the launcher again because my client (0.4.135) needs to be updated to (0.4.136). I closed and ran the launcher a few times but never saw that there was an update. Eventually the launcher pulled the update and everything was fine. a few hours ago the launcher pulled another 2.5GB update and when it finished and I launched the game I get the message from before about my client being out of date. I can't seem to get it to update so I wanted to post here before I try something drastic like deleting and re-installing (which is pretty much my last resort).

On another note, thanks for all effort you've put into the game. Looking forward to one day seeing it complete

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hmm, did you test the preview version of the new UI? It sounds like you're still using the shortcut for it, which hard-coded an older update number. If you delete that shortcut and run the "real" launcher, you should get the newer build.

(If that's not it, let me know, that's just the first thing that popped into my head from the symptoms.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the shortcut might be a problem too but I had the same result when I ran the launcher .exe directly. I'll try downloading a fresh launcher but if that doesn't work I can just delete and grab a fresh install overnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the fresh launcher didn't help. I'll try a fresh install and see if that fixes anything. It seems like it's not really a common thing so it's probably something my side

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I'm not sure how else it could be confused about the file version, aside from a shortcut. Take a look at this file from your browser:

http://client.projectgorgon.com/fileversion.txt

It should just be the number "292". Is that what you see?

Without a special parameter to tell it otherwise, the client reads that file to get the version number, so if it's wrong it would explain the problem. That'd be an issue with your network caching it somewhere along the line. (Might happen in a University setting, for instance, where they try to overcache stuff.)

Edit: also, which OS are you on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see 292 like you said, nothing else. I'm running windows 10 with the latest updates (I hate this OS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deleted the install folder, the launcher, everything (unless there are files somewhere other than the folders I created for the game that I need to clear). When I ran the launcher it just told me everything was good to go when it obviously wasn't. Used the validate files option and now the download has started. Hopefully I'll be able to log in again in a few hours without any problems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larkem View Post
    I deleted the install folder, the launcher, everything (unless there are files somewhere other than the folders I created for the game that I need to clear).
    If you want to completely remove all files there's some under Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Elder Game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted everything (including the above), downloaded a fresh launcher, let everything update. Same problem. Is there something i'm missing? Seems like there's something telling the launcher everything is up to date when it's not.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You could try the following: uninstall and remove everything as per above. Restart your computer. Then create a temporary new user on your computer from your administraive/main account. Then log off and then log onto your new user. Then download the new launcher from: https://projectgorgon.com/downloads/...auncherWin.zip. Install and then report back. Thanks.

Thread Footer