Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobyddonot View Post
    ...snip...
    Because we don't have all time in the world to play the game, time is our most precious resource and there are other fun games in this world.

...snip...
    I'm a very new player still, so I haven't been anywhere but the newbie island yet, but I wanted to take a moment to reply to this post. To this line right here. I have in recent years seen this line and its equivalent stated by many players in many games. "I work all day I don't want to work in a game.."

It is the very fact that I see this rant that makes me interested in this game. I am tired of modern MMOs. I want to work for my achievements. I want my achievements to matter. I remember when leveling in a game actually meant something and had to be worked for - playing badly used to mean you might not level at all! And 2-5+ minutes to travel from one location to another was once a matter of course! I remember regional economies that sprung up thanks to long travel times, and I think the loss of those was a real blow to immersion and interest/fun level. Bone chips, anyone? (As an aside, I really can't wait to get off this newbie island *shakes fist at feet dragging husband* to go dumpster diving in vendor stashes again..)

I haven't experienced these zones so can't speak to the actual experience of them yet. But now I am even more excited to go and see them. There are plenty of games that cater to instant gratification and everyone gets all the shinies as a matter of course mentalities. I'm interested in games that don't hand everything to me, and there are precious few of those.

This post would have been far more helpful if you had taken the time to do more than just complain. If it's not fun, what changes might make it more fun? What is fun? Most of what you are complaining about here sounds like a blast to me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great comment, eikona. Your sentiments about working for progress really resonated with me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A Subjective Criticism of A Game I don't Enjoy and Think People Who Do Can't Like What I Don't Like for now
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ....... I did want to write something long but just can't because of how extremely objective the OP's post was. Basically though this is an old school game with old school elements and if that bothers you, well play one of the many other games out there that does the here's Ma prize for nothin.
    Last edited by drivendawn; 01-27-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wasnt very objective analysis... It looked more liek rant to me. I get it taht soem thigns migth be annoying. At first i was annoyied by cold mechanic chancges too. But i got used to it, since game offers you ways to work around it. Cold gear, cold mitigation skills/potions. And now i find myself actualy enjoying fact that i cant just ahve bis gear, and go anywhere and own anything. I have to actualy make preparations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a long term rant going on by the OP. I think the only way he'd be happy is for the the game to completely go back to what it was in 2013. Letting so many people into an alpha is always a danger. People get used to a certain way things are being done and then it radically changes. Now you've got unhappy vets. This thread alone helps me to understand why game companies only used to invite family and friends to alphas.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Grobyd is actually fairly new that's why I pointed out that yes, he's an extreme case but he might not be the only one thinking along those lines. Not everyone is so angry over a game but we have to think that people who form a first impression similar to Grobyd's might not rant but might also move on. Take his rant with a grain of salt and try to read between the (rude) lines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Grobyd is actually fairly new that's why I pointed out that yes, he's an extreme case but he might not be the only one thinking along those lines. Not everyone is so angry over a game but we have to think that people who form a first impression similar to Grobyd's might not rant but might also move on. Take his rant with a grain of salt and try to read between the (rude) lines.
    The biggest complaints I've heard from new players is they are stuck because game isn't a linear questing game and the lack of inventory can be frustrating. OP's was a whole new level from new player experiences. I agree, though, that first impressions are very important to a game if player retention is to be high. When I first started, my first impression of the game was a complete lack of knowledge and feeling a bit lost (I'd never played a sandbox before). What helped me grow initially was the strong community PG has.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled from Google definition
    "An objective perspective is one that is not influenced by emotions, opinions, or personal feelings - it is a perspective based in fact, in things quantifiable and measurable. A subjective perspective is one open to greater interpretation based on personal feeling, emotion, aesthetics, etc."

I think you meant to use "subjective" . If you chose better ways to word your post, it might be an easier pill for the readers to swallow.

A popular saying comes to mind. If you don't offer a solution, you don't have a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, let's skip this

Is Project Gorgon fun to grind and play? There is no objective answer to that question...
    and discuss the personality and negativity. Love this community.

Nvm. Solutions:

Make Endurance skill give following bonuses every 10 levels.
    +10 body heat
    +5 breath
    +5 Dehydration

Or every 25 levels:
    +20 body heat
    +10 breath
    +10 dehydration
    +1 Movement speed

Because as of now, I don't feel rewarded when I max out a skill. Also, would be nice to add Run/Acrobatics, whatever skill, that will increase your movement speed.

Also, if you kill the mutated toes, nerf the movement speed of the cows too.

Other option is to make ALL gear have useful bonuses by default that scale with lvl. As in higher lvl item = higher bonuses. That is +movement speed on all boots/shoes, +body heat on all pieces, etc.

Best case scenario would be to add all of it. That way I will feel rewarded with 70 endurance and 60-70 level items.

Thread Footer