Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Roekai; 03-25-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roekai View Post
    I wouldn't be taking away anyone's ability to do damage, or the ability to work alone. You want to do damage? Pick a DPS skill...
    You literally just said you're taking away damage and that they have to pick DPS to solo. So now support classes have to level four skills to keep up. (By the way, this is economics in action: The economy of damage vs time vs survivability.)

in my experiences, the high DPS classes should be the ones least capable of soloing.
    You don't make alot of friends, do you?

I emphatically HATE this idea. Once you start having combos and link abilities, now I have lost the ability to select the order...
    How do you select the order now? By selecting the order that makes the most damage. If combos between players linked up with mob abilities, then you'd be forced not to just do one, optimum, rotation of skills, but would have to pay attention to the actions on the battlefield. That sortof sounds fun, I get bored of using the same sequence all the time. I wish it was more optimal for me to hold off on my Barrage instead of using it the second it was up. Anything to not use power commands one after the other. Maybe dungeons could count for being 'in combat' longer or in longer sequences as well, so that mediating your power consumption to DPS would actually matter.

I like the idea of the game being a situational puzzle that has many solutions. Sometimes they're obvious, and sometimes there will be many ways. That I think we should aim for.

Anything to keep everyone busy and away from 'One guy yells at the mobs with his sequence, the other guys get to just do their one thing, and one guy has to play whack a mole while the others don't manage their own damage/position/interactions taken.'

I've played all the roles in the trinity. I've tanked in Gorgon. But I like that Gorgon is about experimenting.
    Last edited by Crissa; 03-25-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all DPS.

Years ago, we chose specific roles in a group and did the dungeons...but it makes it much tougher to complete. I will agree that burning through almost all mobs is the easiest path to victory.

Having said that, I've never focused on max dps or gear and there's many things, after years of play that I cannot complete even in my main spec.

I'd love for them to spice it up with more variety, challenges and difficulty while still allowing people the freedom to choose their role.

If you look back at trinity style games, you will see that many choose DPS simply because it was the most desirable outside of a group. Then, there are those dedicated souls who enjoy healing, buffing, tanking and support. Support style play is more my niche and I've always enjoyed it in games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play what you want to play.
    But....in the end...if you roll fire/archery and spend weeks re-rolling super maxed 70 yellows, you can solo most of GK.

Suggestion:
    The game needs to incentivize players to group by disrupting the following cycle:

You can literally solo this entire game using the following steps:
    1.) Spawn in, find Kirean (he lives at panthers), tag along with until your 50/50
    2.) Get someone to make you 50/50 winter set
    3.) Power-level Leatherworking, Augmentation, Transmutation in parallel
    4.) Farm panthers for money (when Kirean is sleeping)
    5.) Craft lvl 70 yellows, reroll until you can solo GK.
    6.) ...Group????
    7.) Drunk gardening cause gardening is true end game tbh

Idea: lvl 80 dungeon that cant be soloed and takes full group (or 2 groups if you want to introduce raiding, then we can get on the dkp hype train we all miss so much) of super maxed 70s coordinating ccs,power regen, healing, and damage to have a glimmer of hope to complete. Drops are way better than lvl 70 max gear and look really cool. You can replace lvl 80 dungeon with lvl 80 world boss.
    Last edited by Karnix; 03-26-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dps dps dps...yeah yeah...whatev....GK is a fun place to hunt especially in a group, doesn't matter what your skills are every single person contributes to the party, your not max dps, it don't matter, i've never seen someone asking for the measuring tape so sizes could be measured up or people bragging about the damage they can dish out. I go to GK with friends/acquaintances because i like hunting in there, team work at it's finest everyone contributing the best of their caracter to make it work, some runs are a bit slower than others, some runs can handle a crisis while others can't, best part of GK every group has a unique chemistry and that what makes it fun, no real control on the outcome. Don't think just fire/archery can solo GK, i've seen druid/staff, bard/psyc farming solo in there and i'm sure there's some other builds that can, if you build you caracter right you can solo in there plain and simple, again the gear is the make or break factor. If you can make yourself the ultimate fully modded self rolled gear and have aquired weapons/jewelry from GK and are able to solo it now, good for you! If they do make a lv 80 dungeon, then it's going to drop lv80 gear, now we back to square one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    dps dps dps...yeah yeah...whatev....GK is a fun place to hunt...I go to GK with friends/acquaintances because i like hunting in there, team work at it's finest ...if you build you caracter right you can solo in there plain and simple...lv 80 dungeon, then it's going to drop lv80 gear, now we back to square one.
    so, basically, your counter argument is "whatev" and your supporting evidence is you "like hunting there." interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    dps dps dps...yeah yeah...whatev....GK is a fun place to hunt especially in a group, doesn't matter what your skills are every single person contributes to the party, your not max dps, it don't matter, i've never seen someone asking for the measuring tape so sizes could be measured up or people bragging about the damage they can dish out. I go to GK with friends/acquaintances because i like hunting in there, team work at it's finest everyone contributing the best of their caracter to make it work, some runs are a bit slower than others, some runs can handle a crisis while others can't, best part of GK every group has a unique chemistry and that what makes it fun, no real control on the outcome. Don't think just fire/archery can solo GK, i've seen druid/staff, bard/psyc farming solo in there and i'm sure there's some other builds that can, if you build you caracter right you can solo in there plain and simple, again the gear is the make or break factor. If you can make yourself the ultimate fully modded self rolled gear and have aquired weapons/jewelry from GK and are able to solo it now, good for you! If they do make a lv 80 dungeon, then it's going to drop lv80 gear, now we back to square one.
    I don't really think it has anything to do with the desire for a "measuring tape" to "brag." Is that what you hear when people brainstorm about ways to make group content more fun and engaging rather than the current format of "everyone try and blow it up as fast as you can?"

You talk about everyone contributing, and you are right, but can't people be allowed to contribute in other ways besides 'hit it with your big stick?' Can't we have content that encourages and promotes varied playstyles beyond dps and rewards diverse group compositions? Why must group content just boil down to doing the most damage as fast as you can? I would much rather see group content that forces us to make use of more than just dps mechanics. For some of that to occur, it might require making certain combat classes more specialized, which again would not be an issue because players can switch classes on the fly and are not locked into any one combat class like they are in other MMO's. If a player gets tired of healing, or buffing, or debuffing, or tanking, or dpsing, they can switch to another combat class that offers the style they want.

It sounds to me like your upset about this discussion because you really want to be allowed to solo GROUP content. Huh? That really isn't right and I hope the developers don't take that stance. Why should a level 70 player be able to solo level 70 group content? I could understand if you out leveled the dungeon by a bit , that would make sense then, to come back and solo it, but hopefuly at that point the gear would not be relevant to you and other players of appropriate level can take up the challenge. There exists plenty of solo content and dungeons in this game. We are discussing group content.
    Last edited by Aionlasting; 03-26-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how out of the whole paragraph you only see the word " solo ". * slow clap * And i don't solo in GK if that's what you implying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Support/Healing is my preferd role in mmorpgs, i hope this game allow me to play this in the lategame.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how else to put this, other than I don't think INXS (or Crissa for that matter) understand the argument.

I don't really understand how what you guys are saying relates to the post. You have to provide some sort of evidence or logical argument, rather than just musings.
    Last edited by Roekai; 03-26-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Thread Footer