Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Did install Minimem and closed Opera browser in the background.

I was able to load and move from the Baroness' courtyard in Serbule Hills. Able to move in Tapestry Inn until after closing TI storage and tried to turn. Froze there.

Looked for other processes to reduce usage and closed windows system process Superfetch. (don't know why it was running so high many hours after system start).

Relogged successfuly and moved out of Tapestry Inn to portal to Serbule. Froze there on loading assets. Still there 15 minutes later. I notice that the memory usage at the time of freezing per minimem and task manager was less than when I relogged at TI. Will provide a few more details in when submitting output log.

BTW, I spent several hours religiously following the stickied troubleshooting procedure with the same results as others who have posted. I appreciate those detailed and helpful suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have followed the sticky procedures. I have the graphics set on fastest. I have gone through the graphics tab as I can and reduced everything I could to minimums. I have all of the recommended settings clicked on or off. My pc is running Windows 10. I have 4 gigs of memory. I'm not sure right now what my graphics card has as far as memory. I have made sure all other apps are closed in the task manager window.
    I regularly have crashes before entering the game, in game, freezing of the pc in and out of game. The freezing before entering the game is usually loading assets around 32 assets remaining. I have used the /unstickchar command many, many times. I usually can get from the newbie isle to Serbule dock by using the bell on the isle dock. I have not been able to go through the portal to Serb Hills or Ent (usually failing loading resources) and it either freezes my pc or crashes the game. I have gone through the cave from the isle to Serb Hills and when I have appeared in Serb Hills, as soon as I move it freezes or crashes the game. I have waited for over 30 minutes without success and have to unstick my character to get back into game. I very seldom can have my inventory open or chests without freezing or crashing. The only Guildmates that have been able to play without these problems have 32 gig of RAM. I have only been having these problems since the new UI upgrade. It doesn't appear to be related to the graphics not automatically degrading.
    I don't know what I can add that might help. Good Luck!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I've found some bugs related to the new UI which prevent some quality settings from being applied. I'm not yet sure how big of an impact that will have, but if you didn't have trouble before the new UI update and have trouble now, I may have found the cause.

I'm hurrying to get a game update released to test that hypothesis! It will be ready early next week.

Edit: I'm also going to add another level or two below "Fastest", with modes that use dramatically less texture memory. (Meaning things will be blurrier in those modes.) This will help determine if the crashes are due to running out of texture memory, or something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    I've found some bugs related to the new UI which prevent some quality settings from being applied. I'm not yet sure how big of an impact that will have, but if you didn't have trouble before the new UI update and have trouble now, I may have found the cause.

I'm hurrying to get a game update released to test that hypothesis! It will be ready early next week.

Edit: I'm also going to add another level or two below "Fastest", with modes that use dramatically less texture memory. (Meaning things will be blurrier in those modes.) This will help determine if the crashes are due to running out of texture memory, or something else.
    This is great news that a solution might be coming soon. I am having the same issues. I am able to log in one my desktop computer but the frame rate is between 3 and 4. Basically unplayable and eventually it locks up my computer and I mean Ctrl-Alt-Delete even does nothing. On my notebook computer, I can play just fine anywhere but Serbule. No matter what method I use to get there (portal, teleport, or from the Anagoge pier) it locks up while loading assets. I have tried everything in the sticky notes at least once or in some cases many times. I would even consider getting a newer computer just to play but would like to know that it will actually work.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you're on Windows and you routinely have the game "hang" (where it stops working without explicitly crashing back to desktop, until you manually kill it), can you try this for me?

In the launcher, before you press Play, choose "Options...", then "Special Graphics Settings...", then "DirectX 9". With DirectX 9 selected, press Back and then play the game.

I suspect the hang may be due to a Unity feature that's only active in DirectX 11. So if manually switching to DirectX 9 fixes the issue I'll have another data point. Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the opengl option broken?

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #27
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nowadays you need to install OpenGL drivers manually, they aren't installed by defaulta nymore. You can usually find OpenGL drivers on your video card's website.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had been playing all along with DirectX 9. I restarted my system and checked, still selected. Made a different selection, and reselected, then started game. However, I froze on loading assets. Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Nowadays you need to install OpenGL drivers manually, they aren't installed by defaulta nymore. You can usually find OpenGL drivers on your video card's website.
    But i have the opengl drivers im playing other games that uses opengl.

I have the latest drivers installed for my Vega
    Last edited by Karamasha; 01-18-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much Better

Since the update yesterday, I have had very few issues. I was able to play on my main computer for a few hours today with only one freeze-up. Just for the heck of it, I tried it on another computer that I was able to run it on before but with a 3 to 4 frame rate (which is basically unplayable) and now the frame rate is in the 6 to 7 range which is still choppy but an improvement. All this without changing the graphics settings. I imaging with a bit of tweaking I could improve that frame rate but I don't need to because my main computer runs it just fine now.

Thread Footer