Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game development schedule

Is there any information about what next major changes are coming? When?
    When steam release will be?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We just released a 'snapshot' update on December 29th and typically release an update or two per month. We don't typically post firm timelines, but we do give approximations such as we plan on releasing on Steam Early Access within the next couple months. In addition, it was a milestone to release our new UI prior to moving to Steam and we released that update within the last month - which was a complete redesign of our old UI. You can keep an eye on the forums and social media for updates on coming updates.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Steam release will happen when they deem that the game is ready to enter Beta.
    In the Short term we can expect to see minor changes to the UI including probably some new features.
    Major changes that might be near or far are :
    • Playable Fairy Race
    • Playable Orc Race
    • Playable Dwarf Race
    • Vampires
    • Mounts
    • Player Housing
    • Level Cap Raises
    • Pet Bees
    • Fairy Homeland
    • Dwarf Homeland
    • Human Capital Zone
    • Weather System
    • Weather Witching
    • Inventory Bags
    • Jewelry Crafting
    • More Armour Crafting
    • More Weapon Crafting

Probably more but that is a few.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 01-02-2018 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added a few more

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Pet Bees
    Wait, when, where? Do you happen to have a link or fuzzy memory of where you got that from? I missed that one somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and inventory wipe will happen just before steam early access or before game's full release?

I would also want some more character customization options

P.S. and you are doing a nice work, I like the changes which are happening the last year
    Last edited by Sarmat; 01-02-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarmat View Post
    and inventory wipe will happen just before steam early access or before game's full release?

I would also want some more character customization options

P.S. and you are doing a nice work, I like the changes which are happening the last year

They are going to add more customization option in beta. The partial wipe doesn't happen till the full release.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    Wait, when, where? Do you happen to have a link or fuzzy memory of where you got that from? I missed that one somehow.
    It has become an item of fuzzy memory. Not sure were it was, not on the new site. I'm pretty sure. Citan posted an image of a Fae Bee and said it would be the Fairies' pet. I looked all over, even the Wayback Machine and I can't find it. Sorry.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has become an item of fuzzy memory. Not sure were it was, not on the new site. I'm pretty sure. Citan posted an image of a Fae Bee and said it would be the Fairies' pet. I looked all over, even the Wayback Machine and I can't find it. Sorry.
    Oh, nifty! If it was on the old forums, it's possible it was posted before I started reading the forums. I was mostly wondering how I'd managed to overlook something as cool as fae bee pets - thanks for trying to find the reference!

This is definitely another reason to look forward to fairies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Steam release will happen when they deem that the game is ready to enter Beta.
    In the Short term we can expect to see minor changes to the UI including probably some new features.
    Major changes that might be near or far are :
    • Playable Fairy Race
    • Playable Orc Race
    • Playable Dwarf Race
    • Vampires
    • Mounts
    • Player Housing
    • Level Cap Raises
    • Pet Bees
    • Fairy Homeland
    • Dwarf Homeland
    • Human Capital Zone
    • Weather System
    • Weather Witching
    • Inventory Bags
    • Jewelry Crafting
    • More Armour Crafting
    • More Weapon Crafting

Probably more but that is a few.
    Has anything actually been discussed about what Weather Witching will be? Personally, I'm excited for the weather system LOL. As dumb as it sounds, the reason I chose Asheron's Call over Everquest was because of the dynamic day/night cycle and that if you saw something on the horizon, you could run to it. I eventually turned off rain in AC, but being able to watch the moons come out at night was great.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakatau View Post
    Has anything actually been discussed about what Weather Witching will be? Personally, I'm excited for the weather system LOL. As dumb as it sounds, the reason I chose Asheron's Call over Everquest was because of the dynamic day/night cycle and that if you saw something on the horizon, you could run to it. I eventually turned off rain in AC, but being able to watch the moons come out at night was great.
    Not sure if there is more info, but I found one quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    ... And, of course, when we finally have dynamic weather, we'll be able to introduce the magic known as Weather Witching. These secretive mages live on the outskirts of society. It's very illegal to alter the weather in most countries -- Council Lands included -- and druids often hunt them down for "crimes against nature's balance", but nevertheless, weather witches still exist. They probably manage to survive all that persecution because they can fly on clouds, control lightning, and drop hailstones on their enemies. It's sort of a mixed bag, being a weather witch. ...

Thread Footer