Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: December 29, 2017

The update notes for the December 16 update are posted here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...cember-29-2017

Discussion is in this thread!

Please remember: bug reports need to go through the in-game reporting system (under the ! icon at the top of the right sidebar). This thread is great for discussion of the bugs, and especially screenshots of any problems you are having - just make sure you also report the bug in-game. That makes them a lot easier to track, and we really don't want to lose any bug reports!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Initial feedback:
    Really like the lighting in Serbule
    NPC buying interface is much improved, especially the colouring & quantity selection interface
    Empty inventory slots are much easier to see now

Really like how things are progressing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like the new darker theme to the interface, also nice job on the lighting fix in Serbule and the frame rate fix in Serbule Hills.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gotta say I am very pleased with the dark theme. It's easy on the eyes and the buy/sell interface is much better now than before.

Suggestion: Go all the way with the dark theme - as in make all windows conform with the color scheme and then give us a switch to use light or dark. I know everyone isn't going to like the dark, but everyone should be happy with the global choice.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Unity doesn't currently have a way to do dynamic theming. Changing the "theme" involves several hours of manually editing colors in the Unity editor. I could write a theme manager, but I don't think that's a good use of limited development time... so for now, we have to settle on one color scheme for all!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Unfortunately Unity doesn't currently have a way to do dynamic theming. Changing the "theme" involves several hours of manually editing colors in the Unity editor. I could write a theme manager, but I don't think that's a good use of limited development time... so for now, we have to settle on one color scheme for all!
    Understandable. Would definitely say add that to the future feature list. For now...I vote dark!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've really enjoyed the parchment on the NPC inventory pages because it contrasts with the color for the player inventory so much.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lore books have at least two issues I think (both reported in game):

• When I grabbed the Dusty Journal in Khyrulek's Crypt it didn't record it as a lore book.
    • Books in Dark Chapel seem to be tagged as being in Hogan's Keep in JSON files.

I was able to obtain all books except the dropped ones. It looks like they are indeed very rare or perhaps only drop from specific mobs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, I like the darker vendor screens. I've noticed that some of the text in certain screens, e.g., vendors with storage that describes the item types that can be stored, are too similar to the new background and can be difficult to read.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I preferred the previous color scheme - I thought it was very pretty and easy to read. The new scheme doesn't look as nice to me, and I find lots of bright white text all in one spot can get a bit blurry for me. Since I'm apparently in the minority opinion though, I can live with it. However, one change I'd really like is to have the inventory slots and other boxes like the one in the NPC gifting window be more visible again - the current dark brown on dark brown makes it really hard for me to figure out where the box is. If it would be easier, maybe just give those boxes a visible border of some kind, rather than adjusting the overall color scheme again?

In the long run, I'd definitely love to have different themes to choose from, or just have user-picked colors for everything. I'm fine if that's a long long way in the future though.

I very much like the new shop UI - it's about 5000 times nicer to use than the last one. One thing I miss from the previous UI is to be able to set the number of items to buy to the maximum with a single mouse click. The maximum never made that much sense in the regular NPC buy dialog, but it was great for the Used tab or the player vendor stalls when I just wanted to buy the whole stack of gems or cat eyeballs or whatever. Bringing back the previous UI's increase/decrease quantity buttons for this would be nice and also allow players that prefer using the mouse to adjust their quantities by clicking rather than typing. ( I suggested this in game but wanted to mention it on the forum too, since I'm curious if I was the only person using that maximum feature.)

One thing I don't enjoy is being forced to buy sugar and flour in multiples of 5 now. The new shop UI is much clearer and more user-friendly about this, but I still wish I was able to buy just a single sugar when I want to. I'm even willing to pay 2 councils for it instead of 1.4...

Anyway, I'm super happy with all the updates in this patch. The UI feels incredibly nice to use now.

Thread Footer