Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhino knockback is easy to control - they can't knock you through walls.

I just hope when I go in there my group can kill it as I tank it, since once it's on me, we trade stuns pretty seriously and I can only live so long like that - and I can't kill it when it's doing that @-@

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    I checked the wiki and it looks like that third item doesn't unlock until Friends level, so that's still not a way to raise favor initially.
    Well, he doesn't tell you, but he likes it even if not friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Niph is right but officially you not supposed to know it at first.
    The main problem for new players is to understand the design of the game. Unlike other games like Wow, the zones are not designed by levelling process, like Serbule is lvl 15-20, then Eltibule is lvl 20-30, etc. In fact, design is made so that players from different lvls can mix up. That's why Serbule is more a lvl 15-50 zone, so that high lvl players need to come back to this zone because there is a lvl 40 dungeon or because some stuff is dropped only in Serbule or whatever. To a lesser extent, you will find the same philosophy in other zones.
    So what does that mean for new players ? That means that some mobs, npcs, favor are not designed for your lvl and that you will have to wait later, even after you left Serbule, to complete them. Unfortunately, nothing will tell you at first in which case you are. Should designers make this more clear or should they leave this "sandbox" spirit, i'm still unsure what is best but it's the way it is right now. Best tip : If you are wondering something, use /help channel.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Personally i don't think there's a problem, at least in the particular case of mentalism and Mu. The player can get by just fine with basic abilites during the early part of the game and it gives an added benefit to having a friend/guildmate who can help you unlock "extra"/advanced abilities (by giving you heartshrooms/etc) earlier than you'd otherwise have been able to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Rhino knockback is easy to control - they can't knock you through walls.

I just hope when I go in there my group can kill it as I tank it, since once it's on me, we trade stuns pretty seriously and I can only live so long like that - and I can't kill it when it's doing that @-@
    I didn't say Rhino knocked me through walls, I was saying I would get aggro through walls and around corners with the knockback. I'm sure that wasn't intended and since been fixed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ment was my first skill and I didnt get my spells from mushroom cave until muh later due to faction but also cost. Fire was easy for me but was my third skill and I had collected all of them as I had gone along.

Rhino is a bitch, I struggled as a 60 with new gear. Not sure now how it would go.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I've never gotten weird aggro from the Rhinos, but I always was in groups that cleared up to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Hmm, I've never gotten weird aggro from the Rhinos, but I always was in groups that cleared up to it.
    I think that two things were happening. One, I was actually getting aggro in weird spots and secondly, we probably didn't Rhino fast enough before the natural mob respawns happened.

Thread Footer