Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some info about the game

Hello,
    I was looking for a mmo that actually feels like an adventure and where you are encouraged to party up, stop at an inn and continue your journey.

I've played games like WOW, GW2, TERA, BDO, FF14 etc but they all feel like a race to max level to then mindlessly grind endgame content. Noone talks anymore and taking a break makes you feel left behind.

I was suggested this game which seems to be in a development state, yet I see people who are happy to have played this game for 3y? So I wanted to know:
    1) Can this game be considered playable or it's in a early testing stage?
    2) Will it feel like a race to max level or it's more focused on the journey and interaction with players?
    3) Are there inns :>? It's my favorite part of an adventure game. When playing skyrim I would often stop by a tavern, hear the music, have a drink and a chat and sleep before moving on. I loved the atmosphere.
    4) Is the "talent" system similar to path of exile, where you can be any hybrid "class"?

Thank you

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome.

1) The game is very playable, It is nearing the end of alpha and will enter beta once a few last items are fixed up.
    2) The Journey aspect is the monthly rolled out story updates. Those won't happen till launch. The start of the main story quest line is in game, but ends early. The end game content isn't added to game yet. So most people are playing or testing it with the focus on maxing levels. There are still hundreds of quest to complete and NPCs to befriend.
    3) There are inns, you probably come across Chortling Beaver or the Tapestry Inn first.
    4) There are hundreds of skills in the game already. You can use 2 different combat skills at a time, and your free to level any skills you want anytime once you learned them. There are something combinations you can't put together, like you only find main hand swords and hammers, so you can't use sword/hammer together. But there are a mix of main hand, off hand, and no hand skills. Some few skill choices are permanent and in the future, permanent skills might not allow the use of some other skills (probably other permanent ones). The two examples in game are Druid and Werewolf, those are permanent and you have to live with their side effects.

Thread Footer