Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    My meditation buffs last nine hours. Those buff icon timer bars don't decrease until about an hour left on the buffs' durations. They stay full until then. They should decrease gradually over their entire duration.
    In my opinion, the current behavior is desirable. I'm reading a buff icon with a full bar as "plenty of time left on this buff, no need to worry about refreshing it", so I'd prefer a long term buff with an hour left to show up as a full bar, rather than 1/9th of a bar even if only 1/9th of the original buff remains.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'd like the bars to be the same size for the same time. Trying to remember what 50% of a duration of which duration is kinda a pain.

Maybe unless you put color/tones as portion of a minute/portion of an hour/portion of a day? I dunno.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add a couple comments for this old update:

The new ability tooltip default location largely works fine for me. I've had it block sidebar abilities whose cooldown I wanted to check on occasion, so it might be nice if the default tooltip was just a little bit more to the right to avoid covering those buttons. Still, while I plan on changing the tooltip position eventually, I haven't gotten around to it yet, so I think that's a pretty good indication it's in a nice default spot.

I really like the holiday trees. The presents are fun, the trees look pretty, and I'm super-impressed we got instanced trees that look different per player. I like the unique quests and looks for each tree location, and I think it's a good idea that Serbule requires a mini-kill quest which may discourage tree-farming by storage alts a bit.

One thing I don't quite like about the holiday event is that there is a clear best way to collect presents: Unlock all trees as early as possible on as many characters as possible and then visit them every day until the event ends. For one thing, that penalizes players that can't log in every day. For another, for the players that can log in every day, tree farming can get a bit exhausting. I kept my tree decorating to what I thought was a reasonable limit: All of them on my main, 4 on a druid alt, and just the Serbule tree on another alt. These twelve trees take me about 30-40 minutes to visit per day, and I have done less actual playing than I'd planned over the holidays since tree farming took priority for me and it was just easier to leave my character logged out in front of a distant tree. I could of course just stop collecting presents. But pass up free stuff? And the chance for an ultra-rare title? Not happening...

Anyway, I was thinking what if the event ran for three weeks but each tree only had 10-15 presents total? Once those presents are gone, no new presents will show up for the tree. Maybe the very last present could be something special or a double-present, to give player a sense of closure for that tree. The limited presents could tie in with the lore of the presents being left by different townsfolk, so once we run out of people we know, there will be no more presents.

Just a thought. It's well possible not everyone is as obsessive as I am about collecting presents.

Thread Footer