Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The New UI is beautiful

Maybe we need a thread of the things we like in the new UI? Things can always be more better different; even if you like them! It's easy to forget to mention the things that went so smoothly. Without touching on any of the things which make the UI less accessible for you... What do you like?

I like the new tooltips. We were starting to get them in the old UI, but they just seem more solid now, very useful for a game with so many rabbit-holes to go down.

I like the clarity of the new map symbols. And having a mini-map! I don't need to choose between my inventory and the map anymore.

The new channels... Well, I haven't set them up yet, but I do like having customizable channels. It's awesome. I've been expecting it for years, since the old UI hinted at it.

The new details on abilities; abilities aren't just 'where did I get this?' any more.

The parchment color on containers; I no longer forget which one is my inventory and which isn't. And on NPCs! OMG I was always missing the drag and drop on NPCs because I couldn't see the black slot on dark brown.

Big, consistent buttons on the loot and NPC screens. More of this, please!

The 3D headshots... Okay, they make me laugh. But I love how they show which direction my target is from me. I can tell if the guy I'm aimed at is running away or not! That's just... I don't think I've ever had that in a game before.

Changing Icon and Text sizes. This is so... I needed this. Alot. The icons before were so teeny-tiny. And while the text was usually good... It didn't always work for me on my big screen. Now if it doesn't work, I can change it.

And as I've already said - out of the box, the layout worked on windowed mode on 768p and full-screen on 2048p. That's just pro-level work there.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Crissa; 12-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Finding Tab on items
    The Gifting Tab on items
    The Recipes Tab on items
    The new equipment icons, in extra particular the discarded boot icon.
    More Control over how buffs are displayed
    The splitting up of quests by region
    The progress bars on combat skills at the bottom above the abilities
    The Safer Double click to use
    Being able to empty bottles.
    Showing if a food has been eaten before.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    The parchment color on containers; I no longer forget which one is my inventory and which isn't. And on NPCs! OMG I was always missing the drag and drop on NPCs because I couldn't see the black slot on dark brown.
    Oh wow, I didn't even notice that! I always had a problem finding the exact slot in the old UI, too, and I haven't once had a problem with that in the new UI (which is why I hadn't noticed it - functional things are so easy to overlook!).

I really love the option to turn on text titles for objects. I'm not the most observant person in the world, and turning on text really helps me find objects lying about on the ground, especially those that blend in well, like skulls and coins. I also found out last week that object titles make for an awesome gardening experience since I can now see immediately when my plants become hungry or thirsty without needing to madly click around between them.

I love the whole new Recipes window - it's pretty, it's readable, and I can finally expand the recipe name list to actually see the entire name of a recipe. And I'm super-happy that the game now saves the last recipe I used even if I zoned.

All the new UI size customizations are a big deal for me too - I'd previously been running the game in a lower resolution than my monitor is capable of just so I could make sure to have readable fonts. I like how you can customize almost any aspect of the new UI, and customize it separately, so you can have different icon sizes for abilities and inventory. I also like how draggable the whole interface is now.

I love the new maps. The minimap is perfect, and the big map is oh-so-pretty. I like it that map pins show up on the mini-map too, I like the new way to set up pins, and I'm ecastatic that the map will now show all of my pin labels without me needing to click or hover over a pin to get its label to show.

I really enjoy the single-click to move to and from storage, and to and from trade windows. Less dragging is great! ( And I do not care if other people had to drag their items uphill through the snow both ways when they were kids. )

I like that I can collapse big umbrella skills like anatomy in my skills window, and I like the way that skill abilities are displayed now and that I can access my current skill's abilities with a simple right-click from my ability bar rather than having to scroll and look for the right skill.

There are assorted other things I'm tentatively excited about - I either need to spend more time with them or I think they need a few more features before I get bouncy-excited about them. The new pet bar looks interesting, the chat tab options I've seen look very very promising, and I think I am rather enjoying the health bars over mobs' heads and will keep them turned on. The quest tracker also looks interesting.

Probably lots more other stuff that I'm currently forgetting.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 12-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeping it simple here : I love that I can now trade after years of testing /playing
    HAPPY DANCE )))))))

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have to try turning on object names I've been relying on 'next non combat'

I love the item info system for recipes, gourmand and gifting.
    Quests by zone is a great addition as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i love the new trade window

the color scheme
    the enhanced usability
    like being able to click items from my inv to my storage
    i like the Diablo orbs. dont care if i'm the only one! its my fav game.
    new login screen and the LOGO!
    player names showing over players' heads!

it really is more than we asked for. thank yall so much
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very nice, much improvement compare to old one lots of positives and the few kinks can always be addressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the overall look but my favorite thing is how customizable it is. I spent quite a bit of time right from the start changing things around. It works right out of the box so to speak but it really feels right once you make a few changes. I was unsure about the maps but I am getting use to them and like them a lot. I like the information on each item and the trade window is great. I also like the globes, it does remind me of Diablo also. The split stack and click to move to storage are nice changes as well. I know there is more but I can't think of it right now

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Adding one more.

We don't have problems switching to different recipes, and worrying about clicking the craft it button under the other window when we just want to switch to something else. That is huge.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, I do appreciate hearing about the good things as well. Obviously your feedback on what needs improvement is critical, but it can get frustrating over here when I'm only focused on the mountain of work left to do!

Thread Footer