Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The New UI is beautiful

Maybe we need a thread of the things we like in the new UI? Things can always be more better different; even if you like them! It's easy to forget to mention the things that went so smoothly. Without touching on any of the things which make the UI less accessible for you... What do you like?

I like the new tooltips. We were starting to get them in the old UI, but they just seem more solid now, very useful for a game with so many rabbit-holes to go down.

I like the clarity of the new map symbols. And having a mini-map! I don't need to choose between my inventory and the map anymore.

The new channels... Well, I haven't set them up yet, but I do like having customizable channels. It's awesome. I've been expecting it for years, since the old UI hinted at it.

The new details on abilities; abilities aren't just 'where did I get this?' any more.

The parchment color on containers; I no longer forget which one is my inventory and which isn't. And on NPCs! OMG I was always missing the drag and drop on NPCs because I couldn't see the black slot on dark brown.

Big, consistent buttons on the loot and NPC screens. More of this, please!

The 3D headshots... Okay, they make me laugh. But I love how they show which direction my target is from me. I can tell if the guy I'm aimed at is running away or not! That's just... I don't think I've ever had that in a game before.

Changing Icon and Text sizes. This is so... I needed this. Alot. The icons before were so teeny-tiny. And while the text was usually good... It didn't always work for me on my big screen. Now if it doesn't work, I can change it.

And as I've already said - out of the box, the layout worked on windowed mode on 768p and full-screen on 2048p. That's just pro-level work there.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Crissa; 12-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Thread Footer