Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surveying under the new map GUI, I have the zone map zoomed out as far as possible. Then I click the map, and try to put a pin in center of red circle. No matter how hard I try, the pin is always about half a pin off. Also, the pin has no default name, so I have to waste time typing in something, or the pin is not saved, even if you click "Save Pin". Once I have all my surveys pinned, I zoom in on each pin as far as possible, delete pin, click map again, and place a new pin as close to center as possible. Once again, i have to add text to keep pin from disappearing. AFAIK, this is the only way to accurately place a pin on the new map.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MurkI have an AOE stun that I have pumped damage into. Unarmed rocks.

But I'd kill one, another would show up, another, another, another, I'd fire, kill them, then another three, then another one, then... It wasn't a train, I was just apparently near some patrol path the goblins were seriously staggered along.

@Dibbuk Most PCs have a ten-key numpad? You could maybe input a number and press enter pretty quickly...
    Last edited by Crissa; 12-10-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played this game for 2 years now (mainly because I don't think you'll ever finish it because you just keep adding shit) but my friend sent me this link which compelled me to register and account and post this.

I understand you're an angry guy. I get it.

But you know what, you don't treat your early adopters like garbage if you want to be successful, I feel like I've seen you demeaning a lot of dumb posts, and yes even if they are dumb posts, there is probably still something legit in there.

Here's a podcast that demonstrates my point about the story of AirBNB and how it was formed.
    https://mastersofscale.com/handcrafted/

anyway, hope you change your ways otherwise good luck.

TLR treat your early adopters like gold because they're the ones giving your game a try and they're the ones who are giving you free publicity through word of mouth which is very very powerful and can't be easily bought with marketing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taei View Post

I understand you're an angry guy. I get it.

The thing is a lot of people go round saying this sucks, that sucks, it's the end of the world and so on, and sometimes don't really explain the problem or what they would prefer to see happen.

I mean, did anyone think thinks wouldn't be a wonky when the new UI first turned up? It's not like these "issues" have been put in on purpose, or won't be fixed in near time. That's why they ask for details feedback.

We play a playable game in return for times when things go a bit bad, and we submit bug reports. That's seems fair does it not? When they start calling Project Gorgon Beta, or finished, then perhaps we might be a little more justified to be annoyed by the set backs that have arisen. What we will get at the end of the day is such a game as what many people might want due to the input given. And, I am quite sure the map pins will surely get fixed. At the moment you should not rely on this software to run your nuclear power plant, or grantee you surveying pleasure...

Is this not so?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tired of all this "this is bad/this sucks" BS. I'll personally do some Surveying this tuesday and make a thread with a detailed synopsis with screenshots. I don't see so far how the new UI will impact surveying enough to warrent ths. Citan is right; all this unproductive yammering is pointless. Either bring a detailed problem with solutions or don't bring it. On the plus side I can update and re post my surveying guide again -- My last guide was pretty massive.. ...so don't expect a new guide right away on Tuesday
    "We few, we happy few - we band of piggies."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine how hard it is to put your baby out there for others to rip apart. Its why my art is gifted to family or sitting in my spare room. I know how much work goes into a small program so the amount of blood sweat and tears into this has to be enormous. That being said there was actual feedback in the original post if you can ignore the frustration fueled comments. Many of the points listed in the original post are the major issues I have heard in game as well. From listening in different chats for days most people seem extremely happy with the majority of the ui. The maps/pins/surveying, tooltips/vitals, and vendor/crafting windows are the only areas that seem to bring a lot of feedback.

I think it could only help the game if we all were able to remember that no-one loves this game more than the devs and people involved in the development...followed by the alpha testers. We all want it to succeed and we all see the potential it has. We are here to help and the best way to do that is to tell you our experiences and feelings while testing the game.

Thread Footer