Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread: Map Pins
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the new map. It just has a few bugs, clearly. The resizing, the pins getting stuck in the zoom controls, clearly that's not intended behavior ^-^

I used to leave the map open as a mini-map, but zoomed all the way out. Now it seems superfluous, but I can't zoom out far enough on the new mini-map. Something I'd like on the mini-map: An arrow pointing to some map pins. Or maybe towns that are in visible range. Nearest town or selected map-pin? I really don't use the mini-map because things don't show up on it yet ^-^

I mostly drop a bunch of pins for surveying, but I usually have one or two NPCs marked with pins, too. (I wish I could keep temporary and long-term pins separate.) When I'm surveying, I leave the map out and big covering the right side of my screen. I'm basically running around with it in my hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with several of the posters above. Something closer to the old map would be great. Perhaps having the option to zoom in but as default having the whole map fit in the box without having it take up 3/4 of the screen.
    A side bug i think is that the direction arrow inside places like GK points in the opposite direction you are moving. Probably just a cosmetic issue there.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually prefer the map taking up 3/4 of the screen. It's the detailed map, I expect that.

For less, that's what the mini-map is for, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use the mini-map at all as the main map has everything I need at the moment.

I also have few issues with the new UI (once I had configured it) and am somewhat surprised by some of the comments.
    Could these be linked to testers individual machine graphics /settings?

I am running on a Mac at 2560 x 1440, graphics quality = fast. GUI scale 1.40048. The key setting for me was the GUI scale setting. Once I set this, all the boxes fitted the screen as per the original UI layout

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not use the mini-map at all either. I'm starting to believe the problem with getting the map to fit properly like it used to is an issue tied directly to running in lower resolutions. Running at 1080p resolution (1920x1080) with a GUI scale of 1.85 I can make the map do what it did before, although I do have the issue of having to re-zoom and reset the map every time I login or change zones.

First request: Also I would like to suggest that we be given a switch either by checkbox or special command, that would make the text over pins and our arrow disappear and only show on mouseover. Or maybe give the option for "show only party members on the map". In short the labels tend to get in the way when they are present in a static state.

Second request: When using a survey map, there is the drawn out animation of the circle coming down and setting on the map. I find this to be not needed. For those that use a non-pin method of surveying, that animation seriously slows things down too much. Can we just have the circle appear on the map where it's supposed to be? If you want to add some flashing or color pulsing to it that would be ok with me, but that drawn out extra animation just seems a bit too much. (for the record...for the survey markers I do prefer the circle over the dot)
    Last edited by mrwarp; 12-09-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Ooh! You know what would be really useful for me? I would love to know how you are using the main map vs. the mini-map.
    I use the mini map to plan out my run/flight, I do wish it would start zoomed out. I use the main map for surveying, finding my other party members, and to figure out where the heck I am when I get lost because I am still getting use to the mini map lol. For surveying I make the main map rather large and then I put my surveys in order and keep the map up, run/fly to each survey spot (I do not use pins). I don't know if any of this is helpful in any way. Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick tip since I noticed some people having this issue, I seem to avoid having to name map pins by shift clicking the map. It simply places one down without me having to name it at all which is very useful for surveying. Though since I could not find out how to remove the pins no matter what I tried and attempted [as well as using /help to try and find a command to clean all map pins] Its just a lot of effort to bother with it. I attempted asking people in game how to remove map pins but for some reason people in game just dont give a shit and dont care about your problems they probably know the answer to so just let you fucking suffer. Oops I mean, "all forty people online are busy and dont have time to take a few seconds to tell a single person how to remove map pins". Thats the response I would get when I call people out on their shittiness most of the time. Most likely to try and make themselves feel justified. Either way, I have no idea how to remove map pins and I am too tired to deal with puzzle solving to remove a single map pin then annoy the devs by saying commands and instructions on how to do simple things like this need to be covered more clearly and updated along with any new features released since their player base doesnt care enough to answer people's questions in a bug report. Anyways I am touching on topics not related to the map and will probably make a forum post on expressing frustrations with being required to obtain in game knowledge from the half responsive playerbase and no in game info to things like removing map pins using commands such as /help which I only know in the first place from hearing another person a good bit ago talk about the command. Yeah, I will definitely be making a post in the future when the devs arent incredibly busy with major issues and debugging that is much more precise and helpful than my irritated morning ramblings here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacialstream View Post
    Just a quick tip since I noticed some people having this issue, I seem to avoid having to name map pins by shift clicking the map. It simply places one down without me having to name it at all which is very useful for surveying. Though since I could not find out how to remove the pins no matter what I tried and attempted [as well as using /help to try and find a command to clean all map pins] Its just a lot of effort to bother with it. I attempted asking people in game how to remove map pins but for some reason people in game just dont give a shit and dont care about your problems they probably know the answer to so just let you fucking suffer. Oops I mean, "all forty people online are busy and dont have time to take a few seconds to tell a single person how to remove map pins". Thats the response I would get when I call people out on their shittiness most of the time. Most likely to try and make themselves feel justified. Either way, I have no idea how to remove map pins and I am too tired to deal with puzzle solving to remove a single map pin then annoy the devs by saying commands and instructions on how to do simple things like this need to be covered more clearly and updated along with any new features released since their player base doesnt care enough to answer people's questions in a bug report. Anyways I am touching on topics not related to the map and will probably make a forum post on expressing frustrations with being required to obtain in game knowledge from the half responsive playerbase and no in game info to things like removing map pins using commands such as /help which I only know in the first place from hearing another person a good bit ago talk about the command. Yeah, I will definitely be making a post in the future when the devs arent incredibly busy with major issues and debugging that is much more precise and helpful than my irritated morning ramblings here.

That's because those map pins are bugged, they are there but they rly aren't there such that you can place infinite amount of pins shift clicking, and as such you can't remove them because the game doesn't recognize that you have placed a pin. To remove a non bugged pin, the ones you place correctly without holding shift, you select the named pin by clicking it and then click the red cross above the pin. Also the UI is new people have had nearly the same time to mess around with it as you, some didn't even touch pins cause people claimed that they were glitched and people are in no way obligated to respond to you, yes all 40 of them.

EDIT: I logged in placed a pin holding shift, tried to select the pin, saw that I couldn't, I then placed a pin without holding shift, gave it a name, pressed save, tried to select it, it got selected, I saw the red X above the pin, I pressed it and the non bugged pin went away, I then shift clicked a bunch on my map to see if I could place infinite of those pins, I could, thus I concluded that, due to the ui being new and experimental and THE GAME BEING IN ALPHA, that not everything works the way it should, shift clicking places bugged, permanent, unremovable pins.
    Last edited by zirker; 12-14-2017 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To remove all current pins from the map, you should be able to use the command /mapclear . I have never tried shift-click pins but I assume it would work for them, too. The /mapclear command is actually mentioned in the Known Issues section of the December 3 patch notes - https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ecember-4-2017 .

( And yes, information can be hard to find. It's probably out there somewhere, but I often forget whether it's in a forum sticky or a FAQ or the Wiki or the update notes or a blog or just an informative post from someone... And then I read information and promptly forget about it five minutes later. )

On the people online. They may:
    1. Be afk
    2. Not have the answer
    3. Be switched to a different chat tab
    4. Be right in the middle of something
    5. Not have the chat window open at all
    6. Miss seeing a message for whatever reason
    7. See a request for help 10 minutes later and assume someone already answered it
    8. Other stuff
    9. Hate you and want you to suffer

9 may be the correct answer in some cases, but probably not for most. If I was online, my usual reason is 5. I'll get my chat set up in a few more patches...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you erase the name of a non-bugged pin, it also goes away.

Do the bugged pins come back when you zone or log out and in again?

Thread Footer