Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This message must be 10 chars
    Last edited by Dude3004a; 10-04-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone come up with a solution for this? I've been having the same issue with locking up while loading assets, I've uninstalled/reinstalled and I was able to log in one time but the next time, same problem. I am able to log in with one of my other characters and performed a /unstickchar command and I am then able to log in that character at Anagoge island but as soon as I try to take the boat back to Serbule, it locks up while loading assets again. I'm getting very frustrated. Anyone have any ideas what to try next?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried all the fixes listed on this thread and others. If I do an unstick character, I can log in just fine at Anagoge and play with no problem. I just can't teleport to Serbule using the teleport command or from the pier. I can with my other characters, just not my main one. It freezes on loading assets every time. I guess for now I'm stuck on the island. Hopefully someone comes up with a solution or at least acknowledges that this is a problem they are working on. If not, if it's something strictly on my end, then I guess I'm done with this game as playing around on Anagoge gets old pretty fast, lol.

Update: I was able to finally get Serbule to load but my excitement was short lived. As soon as I took a couple steps, the game locked up.
    Last edited by msdkbow; 01-09-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, same issue here too... My PC just broke and I had to switch to my MacMini... Logging in Kur, everything was running smoothly, and, to my surprise even, with less lag/freezes than on my PC (which had muuuch more RAM and better GPU than this Mac). But I soon as I tried to go back to Serbule, I got caught in a neverending load screen of assets. Trying to teleport directly to Rahu ended up with the same effect.
    Any solution, even temporary, would be welcome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 7 year old 64-bit Windows 10 machine, I've had the same experience since the Dec. 29 update. I did go through the entire troubleshooting procedure.

I also had it with the early December update, though the Dec. 16 update actually ran pretty well for me. My main toon (rerolled numerous times over the years) has been between 20 and 30 on the various skills, so I have only been in Serbule, Serbule Hills, Eltibule, and Newbie Island, but loading any zone including dungeons would freeze while loading assets. It seemed that teleportation pads and word of power tele would work, but of course can't use those for most changes.

I also found since the last update that I could run on my 2013 Macbook Air without this problem, so I would log in there, move my toon to the desired zone by portal, and relog onto my Windows machine. However this last week, my Windows machine began to freeze every time while turning (using both the mouse - tried different models - and my keyboard) while in locations I formerly just spun, namely Serbule garden and Tapestry Inn.

So I'm just running on the Mac at this time. However, the load times seem to be increasing even there...

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I've seen a couple of logs from recent crashes that didn't actually have any crashes: as far as the game was concerned, it was still working. That probably means that if you waited an absurdly long time it would finish loading. So I suspect the problem is you need to lower your graphics settings.

You may not have needed to do this with the old UI. The new UI system does NOT automatically lower your graphics settings by default like the old UI did, because it causes too much unpredictability and too many headaches. But there can be headaches the other direction, too. The newbie island is vastly less graphics-intensive than Serbule, so even if things are fine on the newbie island, that doesn't mean your graphics are capable of running Serbule.

Plus, Serbule has lots of players in it with tons of different armors. Those armors use a lot of video memory. So it's possible for you to be able to load Serbule at off-hours times, but unable to load it when more players are there.

Please try the following:

Lower your graphics settings to 'fastest'.

1. Create a new character

2. With that character on the newbie island, open the graphics settings: click the gear icon on the right-hand side. Click Graphics.

3. Under "Graphics Quality Level", choose "Fastest". Hit Save.

4. Logout and log in with your stuck character.

5. Wait a while for it to finish loading. Give it at least 5 minutes to be sure.

6. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens is the same : stalling after reaching "Loading scene...", can't even get to the "assets" part of the process. I /unstickchar my main to anagone island too. I can log in Anagone as normal, just as easily as the "Enter the light" place. But any attempt to go to Serbule or port to Rahu ends up with the loading screen stalling, for more than 15 mins. System tools consider the app to be "unreplying".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had mixed success!

After creating a new character and confirming that my graphics setting was already on "fastest," I was able to log in with my main toon to Azalak's house. However, as soon as I tried to move, I froze. Later in the day, on trying to log in to the main again, I froze while loading assets. Though I waited about half an hour, it did not change.

I have sent a copy of the output log to support with a bit more description.

Thanks!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you have less than 6GB of memory, then please try the following (in addition to following Citan's instructions above):

When attempting to play Project: Gorgon, make sure that there are no other programs running (including Chrome, Firefox, etc). You can manually close the programs using the Task Manager. It is common for browsers to consume multiple gigabytes of RAM when running multiple windows. Closing all non-essential programs will ensure maximum RAM availibility.

Optional: You can try to use a program like minimem to optimize RAM management, with it you can choose to optimize the Project: Gorgon client for RAM allocation. Note: we do not offer support for this product.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you haven't read the sticky at the top of this section, that should be your first stop for troubleshooting technical issues like freezing. We receive a lot of reports from people who don't read that thread - please do so before submitting a report. Please spread the word. Thanks.

Thread Footer