Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help with the game Freezing up my comp on log in and changing Zones

It took me 2 days of random trying to log in after the update. it would Load the zone and while loading all the assets the game will freeze and cause my Comp to completely freeze up........ I thought it was fixed until I changed Zones and it does the same thing changing Zones. When I'm in game I get zero lag and game is easy to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having a similar problem, system hangs when zoning from Eltibule to Serbule. I’m on a 2017 MacBook Pro.

Junior Member FlawedPersonality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    glad to see not the only one running into this... have resorted to uninstall/reinstall and verifying files to see if this helps at all
    ::Character Information::

Name - Nanalia
    Race - (Female) Human
    Current Class Build - Sword/Shield
    Current Guild - none

It's a pleasure to meet you all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is having the same issue on our desktop....... I use a laptop for my account

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed the support page would be a place to get support

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's only a couple devs, give them time to collect information and come up with a solution.

There's a thread about this, over here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...hlight=unstick

In the meanwhile, you can do things to help are in that page. But here's a partial list.

Post your system statistics, like processor, video card, memory, and if you can access them, the active use stats while in game.
    Try deleting the settings file, GorgonConfig.txt and restarting.
    Try logging into a new character and using the unstick function on your other character. /unstickchar CHARNAME
    Try opening the launcher, selecting 'options...' and then 'validate installation'.

Some combination of these might help.

Junior Member FlawedPersonality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    up for trying anything if it means I can keep playing...
    thank you Crissa
    ::Character Information::

Name - Nanalia
    Race - (Female) Human
    Current Class Build - Sword/Shield
    Current Guild - none

It's a pleasure to meet you all

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this issue many moons ago on my Macbook Pro when they redesigned Serbule. The solution for me was to /unstick my char to the starter island, then reduce all graphic settings to their lowest point (including grass, tree, terrain, etc.). I was then able to access Serbule and other zones without freezing in asset loading. I think the "Adjust quality automatically" setting was removed to prevent bouncing back to higher settings; you should disable this if possible as well. You may not have beautiful textures, but you might be able to port around and have less loading issues.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We need people to read the sticky thread and to exhaust all of those troubleshooting steps prior to posting.

Assuming you've done the above, if you are crashing, how much RAM do you have?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes PG hangs between loading assets and my comp thinks it has timed out. But with patience and not ending the task PG unjams. Just my personal observation.

Thread Footer