Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it set up with vitals on left. The screen shot i showed was better for me because all the combat info was right there in 1 little area. My complaint was the big tooltip screen that blocked my view. It used to be top left out of the way i could not figure out why they moved and then i found out it needs to be anchored to something and they had it anchored to stats. As we never moved our stats panel it was not a concern or issue.
    Last edited by kellyxxx; 12-10-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current placement of skill box as tied to character box

The skill box could move. Tie it to a box like the combo box, right? Clearly the box does move depending on where on the screen you place your character window. Tie it to its own moveable box?

Note: this is only a portion of my screen. The path for the screenshot shows on my chat dialog, so bleh on that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or just make it its own box instead of something anchored?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually hesitate giving feedback on anything I really want to but it's a little toxic here for my liking. I think the game is amazing and I adore so many new things about the new UI but I actually feel this is more than a we are never going to make people happy so lets leave it this way issue. I think if it stays this way to steam launch you would see people install the game and uninstall it before they make it off the island which would be tragic. So much amazing work has been put into this game.

Here's the problem as I see it. The default layout has your portrait including your vital bars, and if I am not mistaken your party and pet vitals all in the left top corner. Most people aren't going to immediately arrange their layout they are going to play for a while and see how they like it. While you are in combat every time you hover over a skill which is most of the fight..you are blocked from seeing all of these vitals. There is no way to turn that off. The only way to change it is to move your portrait. Many won't want to move it. Its pretty standard to want to look in the top corner for vitals. I don't want to move it. So during the fight I can't see how my party is doing, I can't see how my pet is doing I can't see my armor or power unless I look for the globes. So say one person in my party is going to pull an enemy back for us I like to hover over a heal or stun so I can help if they get into trouble. Now I can't tell if they are in trouble. I can't tell during a fight if I am going to lose my golem without stopping and moving my mouse off the skill bar. It's broken, I think there are a lot of creative ways to fix it. I will be interested in seeing what the future brings.

Thread Footer