Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DamageIncorp View Post
    I am not sure what feedback you are going off of Silvonis, but I can assure you that no one I have spoken to in Asheron's Legacy is happy having it obscure their vital bars. Leaving it be is NOT the answer just because you can't decide on an alternative. What is the point of having vital bars and an avatar if I cannot monitor my health and power during a fight because it is obscured by the ability tool tips. I like the idea of having it anchored to the left edge of the mini map..which currently resides in my top right corner. No idea how to put a screenshot here. As a side note, I guess it just seems so much bigger than before or perhaps was less relevant before is all.
    We go off feedback as a whole, not just comments from one person who says their 'entire' guild is unhappy. Additionally, where are the screenshots showing your issues? The point I'm making is there are going to be people who complain no matter where we move it to.

If you can't figure out how to post a screenshot by pressing that little picture on the edit bar, then just copy and paste the link as text. You can upload images at imgur. You want to take the time to huff and puff at me, but you don't want to take a few minutes to figure out how to post an image?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #22
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Have you thought of giving the tooltips a window that we can turn on, move, and then vanish?

In WoW, the addons that let you move things have a key or button your can press to reveal the window edges, so you can move them around. Final Fantasy does this as well. And then you move them, and then hide the controls again.

I might point out that the tray to the status effects is visible and crooked. It drives me nuts ^-^
    Citan addressed this already, earlier in this thread:

"But please understand here: they MUST be anchored on something. You cannot move them like regular windows because tooltips disappear when you move. And they can't be free-floating with the new UI."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Citan addressed this already, earlier in this thread:

"But please understand here: they MUST be anchored on something. You cannot move them like regular windows because tooltips disappear when you move. And they can't be free-floating with the new UI."
    And understanding that there needs to be on a window, I asked for a window that we could turn opaque, move, then turn transparent again. Perhaps a single key to wake up other hidden control handles as well; for other action bars and displays that you wouldn't want to accidentally move in combat.

Windows do not need to have frames that can be seen or interacted with: See also the floating text of the chat window when it's disabled. The window is there, you just can't touch it while it's hidden. But the items in it still display from the anchor.
    Last edited by Crissa; 12-08-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Now, I can definitely anchor them on something else. But please understand here: they MUST be anchored on something. You cannot move them like regular windows because tooltips disappear when you move. And they can't be free-floating with the new UI. I MUST anchor them on something. So the million dollar question is: what do you think I should anchor them on?
    An invisible object with an option in the settings that lets us turn it visible for the purpose of moving it wherever we want. I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense to me what Crissa is saying. Why isn't that a possibility instead of this zero sum game of not everyone is going to be happy? O_O

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was happier because it's not in the way of the ability bar as it's at the top for me. But I now understand why I am dying more than usual. I can't see my stats readouts with the globes turned off.

The only thing I ever need the tool tip for - this is me personally - is when I want to read what some ability does before combat, mostly when:

(a) have just got a new ability
    (b) changing equipment round and want to see the effect.

New players on the other hand, will want to get to grips with the skill bar, so I see why it might be helpful to have it around a bit more. But still, I think the two above points still apply. Which is why I suggested it's visible only in non combat mode, and then, it can be anchored back just above the ability bar.

What are other people looking at this tool tip for and when?

For some reason embedding an imugur image is in fact eluding me, and I can only link them.

https://imgur.com/a/Z7YC8
    Last edited by Murk; 12-09-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Edit explanation of tool tip

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having the same issues, so i decided to move things around i placed the vitals tool bar on top right corner, now the pop up window appears left of it not covering vitals i lowered the map enough not to cover vitals, mini group tool is top middle just out of pop up window and the food,snack,potion ect.. bar is on top left i removed to globes since i can see my vitals now and they just huge space waster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the layout I prefer. The combat icons with mine and the critters stats are all in line so my eyes are not all over the screen. The big issue you see in link is that tool tip box blocks view of combat. https://imgur.com/a/CXNYB
    Last edited by kellyxxx; 12-09-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come to think that there is too much information to put a tool tip up when you are in combat, that seems to be the complaint people have.

On the other hand some people want to plan ahead and read the tool tips during combat, how they have time for that I am not sure... but there we are.

So there are these possibilities, some I've already banged on about, I am sorry.

1) Have a setting to show tool tips only when not in combat
    2) Anchor the tool tip to the left bottom corner of the chat window, or where it would be displayed if not invisible. The reason on this one is that you won't be reading chat and tool tip at the same time. I realize the tool tip still might not fit.
    3) Otherwise, I guess a tool tip pin is needed so people can put it where they want, and said pin disappears once you've set it. in fact -

3.1) I have the notion that there could be a little lock button on screen that locks the positions of all things as sometimes I end up moving things around by accident. So you press this to make changes, and press it again to have things set unmovable. Whereby, in this mode one can show pins, status effect window outlines, or any such other window positioning outlines as is desired for the positioning activities. Of course, that sounds like a bit of work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how i arranged my windows to stop vitals from being hidden. hope this works.
    https://imgur.com/a/zWBsT

this might be better.
    Last edited by FredaHeartsun; 12-10-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Footer