Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat icon screen

When you move your mouse over a combat icon we used to get a little screen up top left corner. Now the damn screen is huge and it is right in middle of my combat. Is there any way we can get rid of that screen??? The game has become unplayable as you can't see whats going on and on top of that the auto attack to next critter does not always work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tooltip for combat abilites is anchored to the character portrait. By moving the portrait, you can also change where the tooltip appears. For example, I moved my portrait to the bottom of the screen between the chat window and the combat skill bars, so now the tooltips appear next to my chat window. Not the best solution, imo, but better than having the tooltips in the middle of the screen

My auto attack next critter seems to work just fine, except that all skills are grayed out as if unusable (and not just the ones on cooldown). But when I press them, the game still changes target and attacks the next mob (if that's what you mean with auto attack).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to know, I though the tooltip was just staticly placed in top left. Well, the tooltip being anchored to the portrait with the status bars is not very optimal in combat either. I fight be clicking the ability icons and my mouse hovers over them lot of the time. How about anchoring the tooltip to the quest tracker or the minimap? Those are quite useless during combat and do not have that important info.
    I keep my portrait and party status bars in top left corner and the tooltip covers them all. I think the Old UI tooltip had a bit of transparency which made it less obtrusive in the original location?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I know if I move the portrait back to the top left that clears the screen. Since we can move the char portrait why does the info screen have to follow it. By removing the 2 globes I put my portrait where the left globes was and I placed the critter portrait to the right globe spot. This allows me to keep my eyes on a line at bottom of the screen instead of looking all over the screen.
    Last edited by kellyxxx; 12-05-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with Kelly. That combat description box is gigantic and not only obscures my vitals but also most of my combat interaction. I was testing some stuff last night in GK and got frustrated and quit playing. I would want thatwindow having the combat skill description to be much much much smaller and placed elsewhere other than over top of my power, life, and armor bars.
    It would also be great to have an option for the bars to all be horizontal instead of vertical like we had in AC.
    Two other things i wanted to touch on were the numbers over top of inventory items. They are so big they obscure the item icon. Can they be changed without affecting something else?
    The other thing was not having a vendors scroll bar go all the way back to the top after purchasing an item or 1 of a stack. Makes for very frustrating shopping.
    Overall, i think the first rollout was a huge success and many great options came with it.
    Huzzah to all devs for an amazing job.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you select the item you want to buy, there is an option to select how many of said item you want to buy; it even shows you how much it will cost total subtracted from your councils so that you know how much you'll have left after you make the purchase.

I too was originally upset by the new UI (who likes change?) but after playing for a day or two I worked out most of my issues simply by using settings; got rid of the diablo bubbles, figured out how to buy stacks, etc.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to save a loadout over an existing loadout - I've had to keep a loadout clean so I can juggle my loadouts when I need to save for a new item or skill.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roekai View Post
    The only thing I can't figure out is how to save a loadout over an existing loadout - I've had to keep a loadout clean so I can juggle my loadouts when I need to save for a new item or skill.
    You can erase your existing loadout, and then save the loadout into the newly empty slot. ( I assume there will be some updates to how the loadouts work eventually, but for now this works fine.)

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The anchoring of tooltops is a very annoying problem to me because I would very much like to make people happy with their position, but I can't seem to please people.

First: in the old GUI, ability tooltips were anchored in the top left. They could not be moved. They were about the same size as the new UI, too. (People who say their ability tooltips are "huge", I don't know what you're seeing. They're tiny little boxes for me, so I'd love to see screenshots.)

In the first preview of the new UI, I had tooltips appear overtop the abilities directly, like typical tooltips do, but people complained VOCIFEROUSLY. As in, they fucking hated it. So I anchored those tooltips out of the way, in the upper left, like they were before. I anchored them on the character avatar since it is in the top left by default.

Now, I can definitely anchor them on something else. But please understand here: they MUST be anchored on something. You cannot move them like regular windows because tooltips disappear when you move. And they can't be free-floating with the new UI. I MUST anchor them on something. So the million dollar question is: what do you think I should anchor them on? I picked overtop the avatar window because people already complained it was useless: it is redundant with the orbs, after all. Fair enough. But other people hate that too. So... what do you want?

(And yes, I can add some hacky thing to let you pick. But it won't be elegant and will just be some hacky special command. Let's ignore that for now. What I want to know is: what should the DEFAULT BEHAVIOR be? Where do you think it will be out-of-the-way for most people?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know the layout of most people but minimap seems reasonable for me. Then again some people have it disabled.

Another idea which I think might be worth considering is not having a 'tooltip' at all. We have a quest tracker window, which is mostly transparent and has very slight background. How about when hovering over the abilities make the ability tooltip text display in the quest tracker view instead of the quests.
    It is resizable, movable around the screen and very unobtrusive due to it's transparency. Furthermore currently enemy's detailed status with their strengths and weaknesses has to be opened in a new smaller window. This information could also display in the quest tracker view when enemy is selected, but while pointer is not hovering over any ability. Quest tracker info is very useful out of combat for some people, but I would guess noone reads it in combat.

Edit: screenshot for me: https://imgur.com/a/NDoal

Edit2: Effect icons have this resizable border. How about small empty border square or just any new semi transparent object which would anchor the tooltip which you can move around the screen like current avatar window. And anchoring it to that.
    Last edited by Erthiel; 12-07-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually do prefer my ability tooltip near the ability bar.

I think I didn't like the tooltip in the initial UI release, but I don't recall why which is less than helpful. I want to say it felt I couldn't see in front of me since the tooltip was big enough to obscure my view? On the other hand, I have currently moved my character avatar to be a bit above the ability bar, and that tooltip location works perfectly for me (minus covering up my health bar).

Anyway, I think the problem with the tooltip is more that it covers other important stuff than its exact location. So, I think Erthiel's anchor on top of the quest tracker would work. I'd prefer the tooltip not covering the minimap though since I may want to use that during combat. On the other hand, anchoring it so that it would appear to the left of the minimap would be fine for me.

Other places I can think of:
    - keep it anchored to the character avatar but move it right so it doesn't cover up health bars
    - anchor it to the left or right of the ability bar without covering anything. I think anchoring it to the right of the ability bar would be my default choice, but I'm sure other people would disagree. And it may get awkward on lower resolutions, sigh.
    - anchor it to the enemy detailed stats window, again without covering anything in the anchor window. Since this is an optional window, that would allow people to drag it around to wherever they'd like the tooltip, and then close the stats window if they don't want it. Assuming closing a window doesn't close whatever is anchored to it, too, anyway... (Oh, and I really like it that we can move the stats window around on its own now)
    - this is going into special hacks, but the detail stats window and its i button had me thinking: What if we had a special T (or whatever) button that we could click on in order to make a small tooltip anchor window visible that we could drag around to where we want the tooltip to be anchored?

Ok, this is way too many random options rather than just one default. The current tooltip location is really not a big problem for me though... I'd like to be able to move it elsewhere but its pretty far down my priority list.

( I'm not at my computer now but I'll try to add some screenshots later. My ability tooltips are also fairly big; I think it's because I picked a larger font.) (Speaking of screenshots - thank you so much for fixing the screenshots on Linux so quickly!!! I also really like the separate screenshot directory that the new laucher set up. )
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 12-07-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Footer