Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UI/Settings Profiles

I play on various setups, from a laptop to a big 4K screen to a standard 1080...

...Usually I can play various machines to do this, but it would be really helpful if I could save some of this profile data on the server. If I change my keys on one machine, I have to then change my keys on the other machine.

And if I change screen sizes, I have to change all the fonts and icon size and positioning.

Is there some way I can make this take less time? In WoW I just wrote addons to do this. (And then later adopted others'; I published the first 'tv safe' addon in 2006 for instance).

If the graphical settings are in a file, I can move it... But if it's the same one the keys are in, ergh.

Any help? ^-^

-Crissa

PS, I had published on the forum my script to pull password from keychain... I don't know if it's still up. Still works, tho ^-^

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the settings are in a text file (GorgonConfig.txt) , so you could theoretically write a script to edit the text file as needed. But yes, ugh. I don't know if they plan to split the config file into machine-specific and account-specific later on.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know where that file is on a Mac? I have clearly forgotten.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never been near a Mac, but it should be somewhere under your personal home or users directory if you want to narrow down which areas to search. It's not with the game installation files. Sorry that's not too helpful - hopefully someone else can give you the exact location.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    On the mac it should be under ~/Library/Application Support/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/GorgonConfig.txt . And yeah, all configuration settings are in the same file. And also... if you're planning to edit that file, note that tabs are mandatory separators; spaces won't work. I don't remember why I chose that setup five years ago but I presume there was a good reason!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Citan, tagamogi;
    Thanks!

Thread Footer