Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still cannot get past the character selection screen on my Linux laptop, even with the latest patch. The little blackish area with the Enter World and Delete Character buttons still flashes while growing to fill the screen and crashes the machine if I do not force quit the client. I am using the integrated Intel graphics because I cannot get the discrete nVidia GPU to work past the launcher (probably my fault).

I'll fiddle around and see what I can do, but there doesn't look like much in the Unity3d logs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me is just another game i can't use. because of Unity3D

Code:
    $ ./ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux.x86_64 
    Set current directory to /home/inukaze/Escritorio/PGL
    Found path: /home/inukaze/Escritorio/PGL/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux.x86_64
    Mono path[0] = '/home/inukaze/Escritorio/PGL/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/inukaze/Escritorio/PGL/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/home/inukaze/Escritorio/PGL/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/Mono/etc'
    Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
    Player data archive not found at `/home/inukaze/Escritorio/PGL/ProjectGorgonLauncherLinux_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem
    Well i can't test, for two reasons
    1 - i don't know which are the minimun pc specs reqs
    2 - unity3d never works for me

If someone have another mmorpg native for GNU/Linux, made in another thing like :
    Ryzom
    Wakfu
    Dofus 1 / 2
    Spiral Knights
    etc . . .

Apart of titles i had on This List

Can say me, just for test if i can play it . ¿ Someone knows a mmorpg for GNU/Linux Made with Godot Engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by inukaze View Post

If someone have another mmorpg native for GNU/Linux, made in another thing like :
    Ryzom
    Wakfu
    Dofus 1 / 2
    Spiral Knights
    etc . . .
    ?
    I played these :

Dead Maze (released this month)
    Tale of Toast (end of month in Early Access, closed alpha until the 23rd)
    Dogma Eternal Night (alpha, no update since about 5 months)
    Albion Online (released)
    Rogalia (released)
    Wild Terra (released)
    The Exiled (released)
    RPG MO (released)

Hm, the game was working for me before (i think last time i play was nov-dec 2017 testing the new GUI and it was fine), but now once ingame, there is no GUI at all, only a weird column on the left side of the screen. The 3D part of the screen seems fine however, and i can move around, so it seems it's only the GUI part that is "broken".

Any idea ?

It's like this :

Linux Mint 18.3 64bits Xfce
    Intel Core i5 4590 (4 x 3,3 GHz)
    MSI GeForce GTX 960 @ 2 Go
    Drivers NVIDIA 384
    8 Go DIMM DDR3 PC12800
    Screen 16/9 24" LED 1920x1080
    Keyboard bépo (dvorak fr) / Mouse Logitech MX518

So, it's just me ?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tchey View Post
    So, it's just me ?
    Yes, I think it is, sorry. Probably the first thing to try is to work your way through Silvonis's favorite sticky post: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ing-Read-First! .

If that doesn't help, one more thing I would try is renaming your GorgonConfig.txt ( likely located in ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon ) to something else. This file contains all your custom settings like graphics, gui preferences and keybindings, so you probably don't want to delete it entirely, but if you rename the file to get it out of the way and the game works with the default settings, that will at least give you a general idea of where the problem is occurring. Since you were last running the game with a test version of the new UI, maybe something there got messed up for you...

And if none of the above helps, post here again? Maybe someone else will have a better idea of what's going on. Good luck!!

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to think of what could cause that but I don't have any good ideas. Unity does have problems with some linux video drivers reporting the wrong scale. I don't know whether Unity or the video driver is at fault, but sometimes Unity's GUI thinks the screen is the wrong size. (Some people reported that the UI grows infinitely big ... same issue. It's fixed by using a different driver.) However, the nvidia driver is the one I'd recommend, and you're already using that.

So I don't have any good leads on what could cause that. I would first try using the "safe mode" setting in the launcher (or just deleting your GorgonConfig.txt) to make sure it's not a corrupted or invalid configuration. If that doesn't work, it could be that the driver is improperly configured after an update, so you might try reinstalling it. But really, those are just guesses.

Thanks,

It works !

Actually i deleted all files from ~/.config/unity3D/ProjectGorgon, but i didn't delete the ones from ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/, and that did the trick.

No i only have to redo my settings, but at least i can play without visible issue (so far).

edit : alright, so it seems there is something that destroys my settings. I changed many options, quit the game, and now it's broken again, but differently (the screen is all brown after character selection). If i delete the GorgonConfig and relaunch, it's fine. So, one (or more) options is doing that... I need to find it.
    Last edited by Tchey; 02-21-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the Steam release this launcher can't be used anymore, if I understand correctly? In that case, I suggest this thread can be un-stickied.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #40
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good point! I'll unstick it.

Thread Footer