Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    The 'delete character' button requires a very clear user confirmation after it's pressed, so there's no real danger.
    The danger is mostly wasted time. Putting a button you never want to accidentally press next to an always pressed button is just bad UI ^-^

The game works fine once I get in at that resolution.

Also... The shop window is really... Unusable. The smallest portion of the window is the part you want the largest?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    The danger is mostly wasted time. Putting a button you never want to accidentally press next to an always pressed button is just bad UI ^-^
    You don't like it there, I get it. That said, there is no harm in it being there and obviously, opinons differ. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to hide the resize box around the buffs? (Have it only show up when moused over?)

Also, there doesn't seem to be a number on the inventory window showing your total inventory slots and how much you have free; didn't the old inventory window have this information? Edit: I believe I'm misremembering this? Either way, it'd be a nice thing to have.
    Last edited by Syrinok; 12-04-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    The 'delete character' button requires a very clear user confirmation after it's pressed, so there's no real danger.
    Well, if you want more thoughts, I've managed to hit the delete button accidentally at least twice in the last couple weeks while testing the new UI. So, I agree with you that it's not all that dangerous since it requires a very clear confirmation. However, it seems weird to me that a button that I'd want to use maybe once a year to never is right next to a button I use multiple times per day. Not the world's biggest problem though.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say in this thread is that the dev team is amazing. My eyes have been glazing over when wading through just a single page of the multi-page UI preview threads, and you read them all, responded to many posts, cataloged the bugs, fixed the bugs, introduced new features, responded in game to comments ... wow! Thank you!!! I hope you had time for sleep in between all the new stuff.

Oh, and I like the new UI a lot.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I too have accidentally started the delete character process. Hoping that it is only the newness of the interface and not something that I'll end up doing often.

Anyway, I love the new equipment icons. Can't wait till all the icons are updated.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The patch notes from this morning's bug-fix update are now available in the update notes thread: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ull=1#post7258

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post

Also... The shop window is really... Unusable. The smallest portion of the window is the part you want the largest?

Seconded, the shop window is kind of awful.

I would suggest you mess with the default settings for this UI though, default is fairly unusable...you want it to be reasonable for new players that aren't going to be willing to spend 3 hours fixing it to be usable their first time logging on. The options are definitely there though, and it has just about everything people wanted barring some minor convenience stuff that I'm sure you'll get to eventually.

I think you guys did a good job on just about everything else.( which is a LOT). Saying what you did right would be too much to list.
    Last edited by ErDrick; 12-05-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "I would suggest you mess with the default settings for this UI though, default is fairly unusable...you want it to be reasonable for new players that aren't going to be willing to spend 3 hours fixing it to be usable their first time logging on" that is precisely what I meant, Erdrick put it better I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not mistaken can't you just resize the window? I've only logged a dozen or so hours in the game, but it was pretty approachable and obvious I could do so.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resizing the windows doesn't make the default fonts legible, the default window positions overlap or even show the right parts. This could be solved by having some presets built into the game - low res, high readabillity, bigger icons, simpler layout. Only need a couple of these.

Props to not having any default windows go offscreen in 800x, though! Aside from showing too much (like the globes), and some readability issues, the windows were all accessible on a small screen.

Thread Footer