Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy New Launcher Re-downloading whole client?

Hi all,

Only started playing the other day and thoroughly enjoying so far however today I was prompted to download a new launcher. Clicked the button and downloaded the new launcher, extracted over the old one and thought all was good. Went to log-in to play and I now have roughly a 3.4gb download... now unless I am missing something it was just a new launcher, scans the old files and then downloads any if needed. Pretty sure it doesn't need the whole client again surely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakaiser View Post
    Hi all,

Only started playing the other day and thoroughly enjoying so far however today I was prompted to download a new launcher. Clicked the button and downloaded the new launcher, extracted over the old one and thought all was good. Went to log-in to play and I now have roughly a 3.4gb download... now unless I am missing something it was just a new launcher, scans the old files and then downloads any if needed. Pretty sure it doesn't need the whole client again surely?
    Same. Did not expect to download entire client and wonder if this is a bug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a bug, the launcher changed, that is true, but there was an update to the game as well. The new UI is live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh right, I did see about the UI change but couldn't find any link between it and the launcher... Still the UI wouldn't be a whole game client download again though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It would be in any software I ever wrote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a short download mine says app.info missing and I can't play : (

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently downloading a new update after I patched the launcher and will let you all know if I have any issues. As a side note, I was not a player who tested out the UI so I never downloaded any extra patches while the UI was being tested. Not sure if that is the problem but its worth a mention incase something happens to my game.

I did not test out the UI patches mostly because my internet is slow where I live. We only get 15mbps. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as me. Slow internet, never tried new UI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After downloading new launcher mine say app.info missing .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    okay its working now

Thread Footer