Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Junior Member El_Elyon_Incarnate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Login in issues, the forum account and game account are different?

Hey guys, so I'm trying to register to start testing this game and see what I can do to help improve it. I was trying to register and log in game and while I'm logged in on the forums the launcher will not take my login name/password. I began searching for the solution. Going off of this post finding out that they are separate accounts and you have to set it up in game? https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...-game-launcher
    If that thread is accurate then this is a major turn off already for someone looking to come in and play. Normally when you make an account on the website it is your in-game account as well. This is a basic rule that everyone knows well. Once you start changing the basic rules that everyone is use to it causes confusion and frustration. Breaking away from conventional MMO gameplay and ways of doing things is great. We need a change of pace in these areas but you don't want to do this with this kind of stuff. I could see people registering an account on the website, trying to login in the launcher, see it fail, get frustrated and give up. That's not something we want. My suggestion is keep it simple in this area guys. Website account = game account. If different, this also adds the added confusion of people who contact support with their website account and then have to verify that the game account they are speaking of is indeed theirs. If it's the same account there is no added stress to filing a ticket. This is just an observation I seen from the start and wanted to address. If they can't login to your game with ease then it doesn't matter what game you have waiting on the other side because some will quit before they see it. I hope this helps If I'm missing any info or confused on how the login works then let me know but if so then I think it makes my point even more on how it should be more simple and painless. Thanks in advance, have a great day guys.

- El Elyon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that thread is accurate. At one point, accounts created in-game could be used to access the forums, and the other way around. At the time of the website design, the forum was replaced with this current one, and new accounts had to be created to post on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must also consider that eventually this game is moving to Steam so tying login to this forums' credentials would be a futile act.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback, but as others mentioned and as announced in several locations: Project: Gorgon will be transitioning to STEAM which is one of the reasons we separated the forum account from the in-game account.

Thread Footer