Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah yeah that was me Epic quests in EQ wouldn't come along till much later... ...the only quest I can recall from Vanilla EQ was the TrueShot bow. but what I meant was the game was not quest centric. like WoW would become. Also; I hadn't seen this thread in a long time; welcome back thread
    "We few, we happy few - we band of piggies."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW was always quest centric; intentionally designed so that leveling happened as a consequence of completing varied tasks. EQ's leveling mechanic was very simplistic and repetitive, designed a decade earlier around what was affordable to build on a graphical MUD. They just are different ways to do things.

There is so much stuff to do in PG for crafting skills that it isn't very quest heavy - but it couldn't be, it doesn't have a huge staff of writers and scene-setters. It would have to do things in a more organic, less story-fied manner.

I certainly love quest-heavy lore, as it's very entertaining. But being able to build your own quests is pretty cool, too.

On that last note, I hope Citan will expand our notes and player-trading system so a player can write their own quests. When I need to get the X for the Y and the laundry list of items to make the items to make the X, that's like a quest. I wish I could write it down in-game so I wouldn't lose track of what I was doing. (Or lose the things in my bags!)

-Crissa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The character select page needs a quit button. At present the only way to quit the game is to enter the game.
    The "log out" choice should land on the character select page and we can quit from there or select a new character. I believe this will greatly reduce log in server traffic since the majority of the time I'm logging out it's to swap characters to do storage transfers. I imagine this traffic will greatly increase after launch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    while we are reminiscing and talking about what we want pie in the sky style, i would like to see more factions among NPCs.

as a dark elf ench, my brother farmed freeport guards from 20-50 and wasn't allowed in any of the cities i was (halfling warrior). we had to meet out in the woods and stuff because no town would accept both of us. it was kinda cool to have to be like "okay, whats the closest town for you & then for me" then having to run to the bank at different towns and meet at some midpoint, which was usually some obscure corner of the world.

people can shit on VGSoH but the way the faction system worked in that game was very good. the rookie interns that made that game last minute while brad was poppin pills and sippin sizzurp was such a well done thing. even the parlay card game was pretty fun.

Thread Footer