Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missing functionality: The Hide Unusable button on the shopping screen does not appear to be working; the button toggles, but nothing is added or removed, and items/equipment for which my character does not meet the minimum requirements are still displayed.

Feedback: I really like the countdown bars underneath the status icons, it makes it much easier to realize I'm close to being hungry or losing my meditation bonuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality (Also Pretty Abuseable (possiblely)) - You can use different abilities from the same skill in the Secondary and Primary ability bars:

Interestingly, 1) support abilities do not work in the Seconday bar, but attack abilities do. 2) If you zone, the game tries to match your Primary bar with your Secondary one.

Cosmetic/Minor Quirk - I can't examine myself anymore? Pressing F1 or Target Next Player works to target me, but I can't see any self-examine button.

EDIT: Positive thing: I really like this Unchecked Loot thing you added in.

EDIT 2: Is there no way to leave a party (without re-logging) on new UI or am I just blind?
    Last edited by Tiamat; 11-12-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality: Bourbon no longer gives the number of doses left.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality: item quality colors seem to be a bit mixed up. I.e. rare items sharing green colour with uncommon items.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buggy Functionality: After changing my skill bar to wind instruments, it always has 6 abilities for Tuba. I put my ocarina abilities there at least 4 times in the past day and it does not want to stay there, if I change the skill to sth else or just logout and login, it changes back to Tuba abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I find some text to be sort of blurry in the new UI. See the picture. The blurriness of Hammer and Ice Magic is clear compared to knife or Giant Bat. And I had similar feelings at some other parts of the UI as well.

Inserting image does not work for me -_-.
    https://imgur.com/rxLL3qt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cosmetic: Scrolls not showing that "you already know this ability"

Cosmetic/Buggy: Toggling "Show Equipped Items in Inventory" to "off" leaves the equipped item's icon floating in place instead of falling back

Suggestion: left click to use/consume an item in your inventory seems dangerous ... I think there will be a lot of people accidentally consuming/unequipping items while moving things around. Hotkey+click seems better imo.

Buggy: Created a custom chat tab to include EVERYTHING (all channels). Now a lot of my sent messages (whether private tells, guild, etc.) are disappearing from the chat randomly, and then reappearing as normal when you switch tabs back and forth. UPDATE: it's also received messages too ... they flicker and reappear randomly

Buggy: Tho Social "Who's Online" Menu is great, but it looks like the data is not totally in sync with "/who all" (is it supposed to be? because the new menu also says "nearby areas" so it's not clear what is included in that either)
    Last edited by chill; 11-12-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Buggy Functionality: Animal Handling abilities are broken. Sic'Em is supposed to direct the pet to attack selected enemy. However it is as all of the other set to "Only works on permanent pets". Meaning that it retargets me from my enemy, to my pet and then throws an error that an enemy is not selected.

Buggy Functionality: Ad above. Using any AH ability makes me retarget from enemy to pet. So I have to target the enemy in order to use my other skill's abilities. Making combat quite difficult.

+ greying out of abilities which should be usable is incorrect as mentioned previously also for this skill

Buggy Functionality: An item disappeared from the corpse after I tried to loot it with full inventory. I got an error message stating that I need free inventory slot for that, and then the item disappeared. It was not in my inventory after dropping some items.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #49
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys! We'll have another build overnight (hopefully) that fixes a bunch of the more annoying problems, like not being able to remap keys. Other issues will take more time, and we'll have to figure out the timeline over the next few days.

Some issues that we decide are low-priority may not get fixed until after we switch to the new UI -- my goal is to switch over ASAP, because as soon as the old UI doesn't have to be supported anymore, I can add a bunch of new features, and more importantly, fixing bugs will become a lot faster since I won't have to worry about how each change impacts the old UI. But I expect to get all the most annoying issues fixed first before we switch everybody over, of course.

A few notes:
    • You can quickly swap which skills are active by right-clicking AN ICON on one of the ability bars. (I realize this is not very intuitive, and eventually we'll add a more-obvious way, like a little button on the bar.)
    • You can easily scale the icons separately from the main UI. I'm seeing several people complain about this, but it works exactly like it did in the old UI so I'm not really sure which part is unintuitive. To scale all of these things, click the GUI tab of the settings screen. Change "GUI Scale" to scale the whole UI, then scroll down a bit and change the "Ability Bar Icon Size" and "Inventory Item Icon Size" to suit your taste. You can also scale some font sizes separately (at the bottom of that screen).
    • The color remapping of armor to orange and power to blue is intentional. It seems more intuitive (for new players) that health and armor are colored similarly.
    • Some screens will become much more fleshed-out after the old UI is retired. (We can't add new features that would break the old UI yet.) The most prominent examples of that are the Map window, the Mini-Map feature (which we have big plans for!), and the Social window.

Edit: Let's call this particular early version "done" -- if you haven't yet played with the new UI, please don't bother downloading this version. Your first impressions are important, and we'd like for those first impressions to be unhindered by some of the more egregious bugs in this particular build!

A new build will be ready next weekend that fixes a whole bunch of issues. So please wait until then. Thanks again!

(But if you've already downloaded this build and are still preparing your feedback, by all means, still post it!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    [*] The color remapping of armor to orange and power to blue is intentional. It seems more intuitive (for new players) that health and armor are colored similarly.
    Looks like the group health bar colors don't match, though, or I may be confused. Also the rage bar on a mob was a lighter blue than the power bar.

Thread Footer