Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Very Rough Preview Version of New UI

Edit: Let's call this particular early version "done" -- if you haven't yet played with the new UI, please don't bother downloading this version. Your first impressions are important, and we'd like for those first impressions to be unhindered by some of the more egregious bugs in this particular build!

A new build will be ready next weekend, and we'll ask for your help again then.

(If you've already downloaded this build and are still preparing your feedback, by all means, still post it!)

Also, if you already downloaded this one: there are some exploitable issues in this build. Please do not exploit them! If you do, we will have to ban you, which is a huge pain for us as well as you. Just don't. Thank you!

A very rough preview version of Project: Gorgon with the new UI is available for testing today. We are not switching everyone over to the new UI yet - this isn't even the optional soft-launch we've talked about before. This is an early voluntary test to help us find any remaining game-breaking bugs.

If you'd like to participate, there are instructions below. Before we get to that, though, heed these warnings!

WARNING:
    • Switching to this new build will require a full patch download.
    • If you find a game-breaking bug that prevents you from playing, you can switch back to the old UI. But doing so will require another full patch download.
    • Lesson: Do not try this yet if you have slow download speeds! (You can participate in the next phase when there is a lower chance you will have to re-patch.)
    • The UI for player vendors is broken in this build. If you were planning on spending the day browsing the player vendors, do not try this build yet!

Now for the instructions.

IMPORTANT:
    • These instructions are written for the Windows version of PG. You can test this very rough preview build on Linux or Mac, but only if you are completely comfortable with modifying these instructions for your OS.
    • Remember, this is a voluntary test of a very rough preview. If these instructions don't make sense to you, you should sit this one out today.

So. You're going to add a special flag to the end of the command that runs the patcher. Note: these instructions no longer work because we've taken this build offline. Please check back next weekend, and thank you very much for your patience!

1. Find the patcher icon (for example, ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe), right-click it, and choose "Create Shortcut".
    2. Right-click on the newly-created shortcut, and choose Properties.
    3. In the properties window, find the Target field. Add a space on the end, then -fileversion 289f. So, for instance, my Target field reads:
      "E:\Gorgon Live\ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe" -fileversion 289f
    4. Press OK, then double-click the shortcut to run the launcher with those parameters. It will patch over the old download with the new experimental build.

REMEMBER to start the game from your new shortcut for as long as you want to test the very rough preview build, because when you use the non-shortcut version, it will patch right back to the mainstream live build.

Reporting Bugs

We're going to handle bugs for today's test a bit differently than we usually do. If you find a bug in today's very rough preview build, please post in here - in this thread! (The normal in-game reports don't know what build you are using, so keeping these separate today is going to save us a lot of confusion.)

When you post here, please label each bug you report with one of these keywords:

• Game-breaking: You cannot play the game.
    • Missing functionality: An existing feature is missing or doesn't work at all. NOTE: This only applies to existing features!
    • Buggy functionality: A new or existing feature is there, but it's not working like it should. NOTE: This one applies to both existing and new features. If we added a new feature and it's not working, let us know.
    • Cosmetic: Something looks wrong.
    • Feedback/Suggestion: General feedback about how things look and feel, and how you think they can be improved.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Known Issues:

- The player vendor UI does not work.
    - The zoom-in/zoom-out bar on the map doesn't work. (Mouse wheel scrolling and the +/- buttons do work.)
    - Many types of monsters do not show up correctly in the new "portrait" of your selected target. (Or they are not aligned correctly, or they fall out of alignment when they die.)
    Last edited by srand; 11-11-2017 at 01:56 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality:

If you open a chat tab editing window (to edit an existing tab or make a new one) and then zone, you will never be able to add/edit chat tabs ever again unless you wipe out your GorgonConfig.txt.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    (LINUX)

Buggy Functionality: chat tabs must be clicked occasionally to see new chat messages coming in. My client only apparently.
    Missing Functionality: guild info not displayed in social tab.
    Buggy Functionality: pressing cancel while binding keys does not close the keybind window. Esc does, however.
    Missing Functionality: assigning keys while keybinding doesn't seem to function at all actually.
    Last edited by Hood; 11-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cosmetic: Armor bars are orange and Power bars are blue, I think it's supposed to be the other way around
    Buggy functionality: Changing setting "Overhead Text Size" requires relogin to take effect
    Cosmetic: Wrongly scaled map pins

Feedback/Suggestion: The popup tooltip in trade window. When I wish to scroll through the trade window, a tooltip shows up for the thing my pointer is on top of. It is covering much of the space. The tooltip in the trade window should only show up if I hover over the item icon, not the entire item row (so not over name, nor on the buy icon).

Buggy functionality: When hovering with pointer over the buy button, sometimes it shows the item tooltip and sometimes just simple "Buy this item". It should not show item tooltip, and maybe even the buy item is not necessary.

Buggy functionality: At stable master Gisli. The text input field for the pet name is buggy. The cursor is not at the end of the name and is sort of jumping around so it's not clear at which part of the word I am typing.

Cosmetic: In the trade window, on top above the tabs, there is this empty space. The tabs should be at the top and the space should be removed.

Feedback: Don't like that items can be dropped anywhere on the screen to the ground. Makes it more likely to acidently drop sth when moving items between inventory and storage. Items are actually droppable while inventory and storage windows are open.

Suggestion: "More Info" currently works only on items in inventory. It would be great if it worked on items in storage as well. Currently only tooltip option on stored items is "withdraw".

Cosmetic: Default title colour for All items (even not gear) is the same as the Legendary items.

(Game-breaking) not sure what caused this but my pointer began repositioning itself back to my character in the middle of the screen similarly as to when I rotate my camera. If I move my pointer away from my character it may work for few seconds and then jumps back to my char. (It stopped)
    Last edited by Erthiel; 11-11-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Missing Functionality: Party GUI not showing. also party members dont appear in the social tab.
    Buggy Functionality: Party chat does not appear on the Global chat tab by Default (Edit 3)

Edit 1:
    Suggestion: add a Lock/Unlock Abilities on this Bar function to all ability bars.
    Suggestion: is it possible to alter the Skills and Abilities window to be a bit more easily navigable? When I launched, Dig Deep 6 was missing from my Sidebar. It took me awhile to find it in the long long list of Special Abilities. A search or streamlined list would help.

Edit 2:
    Buggy Functionality/Suggestion: Tooltips at vendors should only display for items when hovering over the name or icon of the item....either that or give them a longer delay than normal. Currently the tooltips appear instantly and are quite invasive.
    Buggy Functionality: Inventory window must be closed then re-opened in order for a item I've just bought to display in the inventory window.
    Feedback: Loving the ability to just drag unwanted items anywhere on the screen in order to drop them!!
    Buggy Functionality: "Your friend Panic has is now online."
    Feedback: Chat> separate options to display error messages, xp gain messages, and friends coming online. I dont want to have to see the others if i just want to know when my friends come online.
    Last edited by Hood; 11-11-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool so far. I will post more as I find more issues.

-Buggy Functionality (Definately abusable): I can fly forever while chatting. Tested by going into combat, getting extremely low power, then flight-chatting. I even recover power while flying like this.

-Feedback/Suggestion: It is a bit annoying to be reminded of what guild I'm in every time I switch zones. I'm assuming that is not intended though.

-Feedback/Suggestion: Okay, so I like using the mouse to select abilities in combat as opposed to hitting the right keys. I liked how the information about what ability I was hovering over was displaying in a corner rather than blocking half my "combat-belt" if that makes sense. It would be nice if I could move that info to elsewhere on the screen, out of the way of the rest of my abilities.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Missing functionality: ability scrolls no longer indicate if you know them already or not until you try to learn them and get a error message. Also they don't indicate that you can't learn them because you level is too low until you try to learn them and get a error message.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The download took much longer than usual. The login screen text is overwhelming, maybe my resolution changed, I'll check asap (I checked and the resolution was the same but it looked like a very low resolution before I re-scaled the UI. If that's the default one it might be off-putting for a new player). On the characters screen I had a massive scare though, a warning that I have too many characters and I have to delete some in order to access others?! I only have 4 characters.

Besides the login screen, what I noticed wrong so far

-I scaled the UI in every possible way, there's a disproportion between the icons and the text size (the fonts not the text windows), huge fonts, minuscule icons

-the biggest one for me, changing combat bars is way too difficult to navigate right now

-chat...another big one We can't choose to hide the NPCs chatter or anything else. The chat is a bit worse than before imo. The same problem with the guild chat, once you switch to it you can't see anything else and if you switch to All you get flooded with combat messages and NPCs dialogues

I'm switching back to the old UI for now, hope this was vaguely helpful

PS-I don't really know how to categorize these, they're not bugs or cosmetic issues (?)
    Last edited by Khaylara; 11-11-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Buggy Functionality: standing in town and pressed Jump. was launched into the air and died on impact. I dont have any other possible way to recreate the issue.
    Suggestion: Item quality level (color) should display in chat links and shop lists.

Thread Footer