Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    party members "tabs" lose all their color as soon as someone loses 1 health point. this makes it look like they have zero health (armor etc) when they may have 499/500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the skill boxes that pop up as you use a skill are large and disruptive to play. they used to appear in the top left corner, but now they are right above the skills you are using. same concept as mentioned above related to the NPC's pop up as you are trying to scroll through what is for sale.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Hood - just to confirm this: even when your guild info screen is missing, do you have a Guild chat tab, and does it work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did notice that if you are looking through an NPC's sell tab, if you place your cursor over the actual scroll bar on the right, the descriptive popups don't come up, makes it much easier to browse.

Overall I am really liking the new UI, it will just take some getting used to!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like a lot of the changes, and haven't found anything "gamebreaking" although I did crash while in serbule and I'm lagging alot since the change. Logging in with the default settings/sizes is scary though ... it takes some tweaking settings to get things looking good.

- Buggy: On character selection screen, error: "WARNING: You have too many characters ..." even though I only have 4 characters

- Buggy: The skills and abilities menu is positioned off the screen by default so you have to drag it to the center to see it

- Suggestion: When viewing "Shop" at an NPC, i think the equation thing that shows your current councils and subtracts the price to show your remaining councils after the transaction is a bit confusing/unnecessary (the stuff right next to "It's a deal" button). For a second I keep thinking I'm about to spend all of my councils. It looks like the focus is on councils remaining ... maybe highlight the cost/spend amount more instead.

- Cosmetic: Repeating what Firedance said .... while shopping at an NPC and browsing, the tooltip popup for each item is popping up as you scroll/browse ... it's hard to view the item list since the tooltip keeps jumping/changing to the item you are hovering over while scrolling. Same issue when you click a combat ability with your mouse .... the tooltips keep popping up frantically.

- Buggy: There is a window open by default .... it shows active work orders and quests .... and it doesn't look like there is any way to close it. UPDATE: this is the "Quest Tracker" feature thing and it can be removed if you stop tracking all quests/work orders.

- Buggy: When you select your own avatar (instead of another player or NPC) your stats/image with the healthbar/power/etc. are shown a second time.

- Missing: On the sidebar being able to see how much of an item is remaining in the stack directly on the icon (like Ur-Bacon) was helpful ... now you have to look in your inventory to see.

- Power/Armor bars are reversed (yellow/blue)

- Random: When viewing "Options" and changing stuff, when you click "Save" there is no feedback (downpress animation or popup or sound) so it is hard to tell if anything is being saved.

- Missing: When shopping and purchasing multiple items, you used to be able to click "Shift" and manually type in a quantity ... now it looks like you have to click the up and down arrows even for massive quanitites.

- Buggy: Loadout hotkeys aren't working for me

- Cosmetic: The actual text for the chat tabs "Guild", "All", "Global" etc. are small/hard to see and i don't see any way to adjust them in settings.

- Suggestion: Not related to new UI but an "un-sort" inventory button to revert back to your old inventory in case you accidentally press sort (yea just happened).
    Last edited by chill; 11-11-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    updated/cleaned up previous post

- Suggestion: the quantity/number text of items in a stack in your inventory is kind of hard to see ... i forgot what it looked like in the old UI, but it seemed easier before.

- Suggestion/Utility: the Recipe dropdown menu (where you select a skill like transmutation or teleportation or fire magic) takes a lot of scrolling when you have a lot of skills ... I'd increase the number of skills you can see in that dropdown.

Ok I'm done for now, I probably included too many cosmetic things that you weren't looking for this early on but hopefully it might help as you continue to work on it. Good job.
    Last edited by chill; 11-11-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality: When you purchase a new skill (at least from Griburn), the skill purchase option remains open on the menu. When you click it again it says, "You already know this skill." It goes away when you close the menu, and reopen it.

Cosmetic: The tooltips that popup while shopping are disruptive while scrolling. In addition, I am often equipping/using items I am attempting to move into storage or drag around my pack because of the auto-use feature being moved to left click. The close color of yellow non-magic items and yellow max-magic items is too similar and confusing in shops.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ( Linux )

Here's what I noticed so far, which may overlap with some previously reported bugs:

Missing functionality: I am unable to take items of storage - Hulon, shared storage, Ivyns' chest, Marna,... I currently have 16 free inventory slots, so I don't think it's related to the bonus 15 inventory slot event. I can put items into storage just fine at least.
    Edit: Ah yes, left-clicking on an item in storage will allow me to remove it, it's just dragging that's the problem. Thank you, Prios!!!

Missing functionality: Some keybindings don't appear to work - I cannot use my keybindings for target group member (F2) or load-out switching (shift-F2). However, other custom key settings like target next NPC (F12) or use selected (U / F11) work fine.

Missing functionality: I cannot set new custom keybindings. Clicking on the Assign Key button does nothing. Clicking on Cancel on that dialog also does nothing but I was able to exit it by hitting the Escape key.

Missing functionality: I am unable to save loadouts. Every modification I make seems to save immediately to my current loadout and I did not see any options to save my loadout separately. This may be intended but is actually rather bad for me because I sometimes screw up my current abilities or equipped gear, and I would really like to be able to reset things to my saved loadout settings then.

Buggy functionality: When looking at a piece of gear, I only get a tooltip popup for that particular item but I do not get a popup for my currently equipped item in that slot for comparison.

Buggy functionality: When trading, I am unable to tell which items I have already dragged to the trading sceen - there is no indicator in my inventory to show me that an item has been selected for trade. (I think the old screen had a T.)

Buggy functionality: Items I cannot equip due to skill limitations don't have red text indicating that. (E.g. I have level 25 necromancy and the item text "requires level 30 necromancy" is white and looks exactly the same as for requirements that I do meet.)

Buggy functionality: When looting, magic items do not flash. The sound for them still plays, however.

Buggy functionality: I tried double-clicking on a piece of bread to eat it (I think that should work?) and got the message that my computer is running faster than real-time. Right-clicking on the bread and selecting Eat worked fine.

Buggy functionality: I logged out to the login screen while in a 2-person group. When I logged back in, I still showed up as being in the group on my screen, but I was not showing up as being in the group for the other person (old UI for them). Also, in my group screen, I saw myself, the other person (group leader), and a second copy of myself as the third party member.
    I then tried to invite someone else and was successful, but my group never updated to show them. Also, I tried switching to the compact party UI via the settings menu at that point in time, and it stayed at the non-compact version.
    Quitting the game completely after that removed my ghost group settings. When I logged back in, I was no longer in a group, and when I invited a new person, they showed up correctly and my group UI was at the previously selected compact setting.

Cosmetic: A combat ability may be grayed out either when its cooldown is down or when I'm targeting an invalid target for it. I find this really confusing: I'm fighting a mob, it dies, half my buttons turn gray, and I want to wait for them to go off cooldown before attacking the next mob. Of course, I wait forever since most of the buttons are grayed out because of my target not the cooldown. Of course, some of them are on cooldown. Long story short, it would be helpful to have different color/grayout schemes for that, or really just not do grayout for invalid targets.

Cosmetic: Party member's health/armor/power bars will lose color. In the compact UI, they tend to go to black pretty quickly and stay that way. In the non-compact group UI, one of the bars will occasionally gain back color while the other bars stay black.

Cosmetic: Armor and power are sometimes showns as yellow and sometimes as blue. ( Iirc, Armor is yellow in the non-compact UI, in the target window and the globes, but is blue in the compact UI.)

Cosmetic: Items with 2 mods have green text, the same as items with 1 mod. I had a friend with the old UI look at the same item, and confirmed that for him the item was blue.

Cosmetic: I find the item colors in the new UI hard to notice. I think that's because that item text is all in the same font. The old UI had the item name in much bigger font which made distinction of green vs orange vs yellow etc. much more obvious.

Cosmetic: Purple items have red text which is ok, but I associated red with broken/not usuable, rather than having some pretty nice item mods.

Cosmetic: At the character login screen, I have a huge "Delete character" button that's as big as "Enter world." To me, that looks super-scary - what if I accidentally click on that button when logging in? I assume it would ask me for confirmation but ... scary!

Cosmetic: When logging in, I got the message "You have 1 friends online." Could probably be updated to say "1 friend" instead.

Cosmetic: I had a portrait for myself initially (bat) but lost it somewhere along the way and never got it back. The portrait also does not show when I target myself.

Cosmetic: The account shared storage chest is labeled "Admin Global Storage" which looks a bit weird to me.

Cosmetic: When dying, the "Respawn" and "Enter the Light" buttons look immediately clickable (but are not) rather than being grayed out until they are available.

Cosmetic: Some of my UI elements defaulted to being on top of other UI elements. For example, my group display was initially hiding under my own portrait, and I had to drag it around before I could properly see it. My pet window also ended up in a weird spot on occasion.

Cosmetic: When clicking on the gear icon, it always seems to open to Keys initially, and I then have to click on System if I actually want to log out. It took me a couple minutes to find the logout button the first time I looked for it. It might be nice if this defaulted to system or if there was another way to quickly log out or quick.

Feedback: I found the quest tracker window a bit annoying. It started auto-tracking some random quests for me when I logged in, and the only way to make the quest go away was to find the quest in my quest log and disable tracking for that quest there. It would be nice if I could click in the tracker window itself in order to remove a given quest, or just close the tracker window entirely.

Feedback: I liked the old Gorgon logo at the login and load screens better.

Feedback: The tooltip for the combat abilities pops up in a rather annoying position. I'd like to be able to pick a different spot for it.

Feedback: I really really like the new mini-map and I also like the globes. I like how draggable all elements of the new UI are.

Feedback: I really like the new Settings menu. It seems much easier to find stuff than before.

Uncertain; I have no idea if this is related to the UI or something else: When I initially logged in, I had 4-7 fps in Serbule Town which increased to 7-11 fps when I left the town and graphics auto-downgraded to Fastest. When I zoned into Eltibule, it reset to my usual 40+ fps and remained that way when I zoned back into Serbule.

Not happening to me: Under Social, both my guild and party tabs seem to be working fine, and I can see other online group and party members. Just mentioning that because I'm not sure why it would work for me but not for Hood.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-11-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buggy functionality: Adding new items to NPC storage via drag-and-drop will fail if the cursor is over the borders between the storage squares. Basically, these borders are "dead zones" that the game doesn't recognize as valid drop points. (Workaround: if you're having trouble putting things in storage, make sure to drop directly onto one of the storage spaces.)

Missing functionality: I can't rearrange the items in NPC storage spaces with drag and drop as I could in the old UI. I can drag and drop but nothing actually happens after the dropping.

Missing functionality: I also can't remove items from NPC storage with drag and drop as I could in the old UI. (Workaround: left-click the desired item.)

Buggy functionality: In Sunvale, the arrow on the minimap showing my character pointed in the opposite direction of my true facing. This only happened in Sunvale. It's possible something other than being in Sunvale triggered this bug, though.

Missing functionality: Under "buy used" tabs, recipes already learned aren't marked as such (no green text). It's possible this is the case with "buy new" as well, and with other places.

Missing functionality: Recipes in storage don't tell you whether you meet the requirements for learning the recipe (no red text if your level is too low).

Missing functionality: Equipment in storage doesn't tell you if you don't meet the requirements (no red text if your level is too low).

Buggy functionality: The sound effect for magic items in loot continues playing after the item is looted, only stopping when the loot window is closed.

Missing functionality: After giving an NPC a gift, a "thank you" screen appears. In the old UI, I would click the "give gift" tab to immediately go back to the "give gift" screen, to quickly give another gift. In the new UI, I instead remain on the "thank you" screen when I click "give gift" again. (Suggestion: let players give another gift directly from the "thank you" screen. Pwetty pweeeaase.)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Cosmetic: A combat ability may be grayed out either when its cooldown is down or when I'm targeting an invalid target for it. I find this really confusing: I'm fighting a mob, it dies, half my buttons turn gray, and I want to wait for them to go off cooldown before attacking the next mob. Of course, I wait forever since most of the buttons are grayed out because of my target not the cooldown. Of course, some of them are on cooldown. Long story short, it would be helpful to have different color/grayout schemes for that, or really just not do grayout for invalid targets."

I noticed that too, I thought it was intentional like in I'm too far from the target to attack? They shouldn't have been greyed out for cooldown reasons, I didn't get to use them, they were greyed out to start with (?)

Thread Footer