Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Future and Current Zones

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any plans in the works for higher level zones.

I mean, obviously there will be more zones to come, but I am wondering if there are any designs, like will it be a desert or a freezing zone, etc.

What kind of a zone would you guys like to see? I personally want a Mirkwood Forest type zone, with Ents and Giant Spiders.

My favorite zone in the game so far is Serbule Crypts. There are so many neat little riddles and puzzles, the variety of creatures is fantastic, the way it has two entrances and two levels gives it a legit feel. I also like Borghild a lot. My least favorite zone/dungeon is probably Eltibule Crypts; I was expecting something similar to the Serb Crypts that would like link up from Elt to Hogans Keep to the BuB, to be diverse and expansive. Lol nope.

Keep up the good work, everyone! Still enjoying the game 3 years and 2 toons deep!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know there will be a Sedgewick Forest zone because a long time ago Citan posted that he was replacing the music we had in Sun Vale at the time since it was really intended for Sedgewick forest. From current game lore, it looks like Sedgewick Forest will be next to Serbule Hills, so probably not a very high level zone, and probably featuring goblns.

I rather like the idea of a deep forest zone with ents. Not so convinced on the spiders, I think we have plenty. I'd also enjoy a jungle zone of some type.

If dungeons count, I'd pick the Gazluk caves in general and maybe the No-Name cave in particular as my favorite zones. I think part of that is just that I really enjoyed mapping out the caves but also that they still feel like a really fun and rewarding combat challenge. And also because of triffids, of course. I like the Animal Nexus and Borghild too because of their mob density.

In regular zones, I like the look of Sun Vale a lot, I just wish there was more to do there, or maybe some more involved storylines and quests to tie things together a bit.

For my least favorite zones, I'd pick Ilmari and Rahu. Ilmari because Amulna feels like such a deserted place with incomplete NPCs. Since the introduction of lemon trees, I like Ilmari a bit better but it just still feels like it needs ... something.
    I like the graphics in the town of Rahu, but I'm still having problems navigating there since the buildings are so close together that it's impossible for to put up useful map pins. My big complaint about Rahu is the desert with all the mobs wandering through it though. Ok, so there is a desert, and there is a giant flat rectangular area filled with wandering mobs - why? To have a random place to grind? To make it take longer to get from the zone-in to the town?

And yes, I'm also still loving the game. I haven't played for quite 2 years yet, but it's decidedly the most fun game installed on my computer, alpha or not.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-09-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like a revamp of Sun Vale and make the area bigger. Ilmari needs a makeover, more critters! A goblin dungeon in Hogan's keep after the npc's. Rahu desert theres a big skull on the side of a hill looks like future dungeon, lets make that happen soon. Would like Guild Quests that involve 2 areas like " kill:100 nexus trolls, kill: 100 drakeworms".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like sunvale , believe its a under utilized zone .. Yes Nexus is there ( Not a fan of Nexus but many are ) . I also agree my least favorite is ilmari then rahu .
    I think both could use dungeon besides Lab . Ilmari could perhaps have a few solo caves like gazluk . Rahu could use some interest in the fighting area of nothing but loads of mobs , perhaps a river flowing through the center of that area perhaps a few level 60 duo or solo caves . Gazluk is great offers group content and solo areas . still feel the cold level 70 gear should offer a little more cold protection as few people do I see ever killing outdoors .
    I feel the team is great and doing such a awesome job with the time and amount of hours they have available . Yes some graphical improvement for character customization might bring in more people but I am sure it will come in due time .. I also agree with another thread that making skills go over 100 prior to release might not be as beneficial as improving what we have .

Thread Footer