Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Hopology
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopology

To learn Hopology I know you have to read a book at the back of the cave in the Wolf Cave where Timothy is. Can you read the book and avoid Timothy? Or do you have to fight him and is he soloable at higher level?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant avoid him, he stand too close to book. Maybe with some aggro range reduction skills, but im not sure.

Yes he is soloable - i was able to do it with yellow equipment at lv 50 (but that was long ago. not sure how it looks now). But with high lv and good eq you should be abel to kill him. He has annoying stun, and physical dmg inmunnity, so take it into consideration.

Or you could mez him, read book and ran away. Even lv 50 psychology has decent chance fo succes, lv 60 should be nera 100% i think.

Or ask in chat, maybe you find someone willing to help kill him.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, psychology is a nice idea - I never thought of that before, thanks, cr00cy.

If you don't have high level psychology available, you can also just run in, read the book and then maybe use a recall stone to teleport away before he curses you. Not sure how long it is before the curse goes off, but it seems to happen pretty quickly. Timmy's curse isn't the worst in the world to live with, but I found it surprisingly annoying when I could suddenly no longer talk in chat without sounding like a total idiot.

Soloing is going to depend on your level and gear. I have solo'd him using battle chem/knife but I have no idea what level I was at the time, likely around 60 or quite possibly higher. I also duo'd him with sword/mentalism, rabbit/unarmed in the high 40s to possibly low 50s, but that fight was very ugly and took us multiple attempts with careful pulling to avoid the adds. Our gear wasn't yellow, but it wasn't too bad, so I'm not sure how soloable he would be at 50. Come to think of - you were trying the wolf cave in Gazluk earlier, so I'd give you decent odds that you can solo him, but it's not a guarantee...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (wrong thread)
    Last edited by Niph; 11-07-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't find a group to fight him last weekend when I wanted to get my Hopology skill. After about 20 deaths I was able to kill him with my ice magic/staff skill. Ice was about 50ish at the time and staff was in the mid 60's. I found that slowing him down and kiting him worked pretty good. Ice magic doesn't have alot of damage but the slow from the globe spell works great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can avoid him by hugging the right wall and get to the back

Thread Footer