Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open and Closed; bugs running amiss

Dear Silvonis;

I was told to use the forums.. I wouldn't have otherwise. I do not re-report willy nilly... I may wreck mild discord; and while I stand upon the tallest hill, clad in bronze armor, shouting all Gods are bastards ~ I do not make the mistake of posting vehemence. I would not have posted if I was not instructed to. And I waited quite long before even doing so. I'm not here to offend; but I find locking my thread before any fellow players could make sound - to be a bit offensive.
    "We few, we happy few - we band of piggies."

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure who told you to report it in-game and then on the forums, but regardless I was just relaying that once a bug is reported it is categorized and put into our bug tracking database.

I understand your frustration, but posting it's been an issue for 'x' amount of time won't get the issue resolved faster.

That said, we do appreciate your bug reports. Thanks.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if a bug is useful for other players to avoid; or if you weren't able to pin it down as to what was happening... Well then mentioning it on the forums is handy because then other players can get involved.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't know who told you to post on the forums, it's not in the short history here. If I had to guess, (and I say this because you're a long-time player who I hope can take it constructively -- I would avoid saying this to a new player), someone saw a bug report in the queue that seemed like just role-playing, and asked you to take it to the forums. And then your forum post was a clear, concise bug report, so we told you to take that to the in-game system. Concise bug reports are very much appreciated over ones that are hard to parse. While I want to encourage roleplaying, we have such little time back here. So anything that speeds up our ability to understand what's going on is great.

We already have an open bug report on the first issue reported. It's a long-term issue that is literally never going to be fixed in the old (current) UI -- too time-consuming. It will eventually be fixed in the new UI, but only after the old UI has stopped being supported. In the mean time, when players report specific dungeons or portal drops that are "hot" (attack them before they can load) I've taken pains to clear those areas. If there's a specific area that you think should be cleared, please report it! (In-game.)

The second issue is not one I see in the database. I also don't see anything in the code -- it does a check and uses the same variable to display the percentage when you fail. (Assuming you are talking about the message shown when you fail, e.g. "Had a 55% chance") So that will have to be investigated.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *wave* Heya Citan Ok; to be fair.. I don't recall exactly.. I honestly thought it was weird that the bug reply said to post it.. ..that's why I didn't do it for so long.
    The role playing aspect makes a lot of sense.. ..I try to make my reports interesting to read; I know you guys have to go through hundreds of them... i always figured if I could give you a bit of a smile during one, would be a nice thing to do ....As i'm pretty sure it was the AH first aid kit one.. that may have been it.
    I know i reported it looooong ago; then I believe a 2nd time when the AH pet came out. but i'm not entirely sure... :/ ish a chance may have been the AH pets zoning?

And from now on, I will make sure to use of the /message command though; and triple check before anything in the future And I will promise to make bug reports short and concise. ...ish it ok to add a smiley face at the bottom?

And the issue with the loading should have been a derp :/ I should have realized that, duh, with the long awaited UI update (which looks AMAZING) that would be the time >.< I hella spaced on that. And I was sober too As far as specific areas; outside of what should be cleared.. ..caint be done sir; as I sometimes log out in very weird areas. So will jus fall under the general fix.

Also Mr Silvonis ~ I was not trying to repost; I thought I was being chewed out for something I was told to do.. .and just wanted to clarify ~ I would not go to the forums with a bug unless told. Which I did find odd.. ..I should have found the message though and clarified :/ As I know full well the in game report gives you ALL the information you need (time / place / mobs in play ect)

Do apologize again, and I'll keep the forums cleared of reports, so that there's room for the ongoing Piggie Wars saga! As we know; the Piggie Wars ish very important!

As always; love the game and thank you so much for your time.

Tigerwyld
    Piggie Overlord

*edit - It WAS pets zoning... ..And it said report it THEN if you have questions; post it. ...i'm a di*.. ..i feel so tiny now... ..i'm gonna go crawl into my bunny hole and hide.
    Last edited by Tigerwyld; 11-04-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to feel tiny Tiger we all have our moments and the team is awesome getting back to your bugs in game ... In fact Silvonis is actually a Teddy Bear at heart
    Yes , Your piggy wars are always a pleasure to read , even if I cant comprehend it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed they are! They are amazing! ..3 of them are better than all of Trion

Thank you for reading the Piggie Wars! Those take 3-5 days to write.... ...i knwo they're a little funky, but - -ish really hard to tie them into songs. some times popculture. ... if we had a mailbox *hinthint* I could do some Trivia

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to add a mini comment on the ah rez: In my very limited experience, it seemed to be working normally. The only time I played ah recently, I had a 49.5% chance to rez my pet and wasting my master first aid kits, it took me about 6 rez attempts the first time my pet died, then I had 3-4 lucky first try rezzes in a row, and then a few more rezzes that succeeded on the first or second try. So, my rez seemed to be fine.

(Hm, so is this a bug report on the forum or a non-bug report or is it just time for me to get some sleep?)

Oh, and I enjoy the piggie wars as well, despite being limited by my bipedal form and lack of Tigerwyldese language skills. But one day, I shall become a pig, and it will all make sense...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don worry, thish data is very important - while i've been AH for ... 9 months? ...have i kept track of EVERY rez? ...as hoomans we see what stands out...that one night where GRR BARK BARK GRR no rezes evers! ...forget last night... this date is imporant. In fact - i'd like to encourage AH's to post yer rez data.. young or Vet AH's... here. Lets see if the RNG is bugged or if Tiger has bad luck. (which ish proven Tiger doesnt haz bad luck, cause he found this game! ...does sucking up count for luck points?)

No.. not this thread lol - I will put up an aptly titled and set up thread upon the morrow or prossibly tuesday... ..someday soon... .. that AH's can post data. not just rezzing; but any applicable data. yeah... an AH thread - for us AHers.. yeah.. we deserve it. also cookies. can we have cookies, Citan?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.

Long strings of fails aren't fun, but they are always possible when just flipping coins.

I've had to make systems which fudge the odds so that 100% happens at some point so long strings don't happen at bad times.

Thread Footer