Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latte doesn't actually have coffee in it? It means 'milk'. It's a style of coffee, but if you just order latte without any shots of espresso, you get a cup of steamed milk. Of course, most places default to one shot, but literally it's just hot milk with something else in it.

Milk tea doesn't use the 'latte' word because it's from Asia, not Italy; not because a Matcha Latte wouldn't make sense (it would).

...And apologies for being waaay to geeky about coffee house drinks... x-x One of the first bots I wrote was an espresso stand. And well, I grew up outside of Seattle before Starbucks had edited the legs from their siren logo.
    Last edited by Crissa; 10-27-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    I had a squid hat lol...for almost a year.
    Oooh now that may be even more epic than a pumpkin hat. Where did you get it? Is it still in the game?

@Crissa - thanks for the explanation. I assumed it would be coffee, but if it's just milk, I'll stop feeling sorry for the poor pumpkin spice then. I find the smell of coffee usually rather nauseating, so I tend to walk the opposite direction whenever I spot a Starbucks or just someone holding what looks like a coffee cup and I'm not particularly up to date on what's involved in all these drinks.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 10-27-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's called Empusa's mask (Empusa was a Halloween boss). It's a squid face

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    It's called Empusa's mask (Empusa was a Halloween boss). It's a squid face
    Isn't that similar to the look of the Pask Helm?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people like the smell of coffee, but fewer people like the taste.

If you don't like the scent, avoid 'cold brew' or 'nitrous/nitro brew' coffee, then. It's a method of brewing coffee using cold water and pressurizing the vessel with nitrous oxide; it extracts the oils without taking as much of the alkaloids so it's not as bitter - and tastes like it smells. Well, if it's done right. And it's pretty high in caffeine, as a low pressure version of this is how they make decaffeinated beans! Caffeine is super water soluble, but the coffee flavor is actually not, hence needing hot water (or pressure) to make it.

...Uhh... You know I don't actually drink the stuff either?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's similar yup, might be identical idk I only wore a Pask helm with the whole lobster outfit which makes it look slightly different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I hope the halloween event is different this year but at the same time hope the rewards are similar. As for the squid hat I believe it was the same as the general's maybe just different color.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think it was generally agreed that last years' event was WAY too much of a good thing. Just way too much loot -- some players ended up with literally hundreds of pieces of high-tier gear. And the Halloween event we had years prior was a bit too cruel to newbies: "town invasions" where Serbule was overrun by monsters. Some players liked it, but others were very frustrated by it.

So I've taken a couple days off of the UI polishing to cook up something new this year. It's not going to be super huge, obviously, but we have some new tech since last year, and some fun little things laying around which I haven't found a use for in the past. I'm actually working on it right now, hoping to get it live on Monday.

Hopefully it'll be a fun new direction for seasonal events. And if it doesn't work out, well... it's alpha, the time for experiments, and we'll try something else next time!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see what you've got cooked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice, really looking forward to it.

Thread Footer