Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have moew than 2 maxed combat skills?

The title pretty much says it. How common is it to focus exclusively on 2 combat skills? I ask because I'm currently ment63/fire49, and I'm really struggling to gear. I've been doing Kur Tower for a while, getting bone meal for gardening from the crypts, and I think I've found maybe one upgrade from goblin gear in 4-5 hours of farming. I'm wondering if I'm just having poor luck, or if I need to brace myself for hunting for multiple sets of skill gear. I don't think I play enough to grind out all the skills required to make my own gear, so I'm feeling like hunting is where I'm going to get my items. Can I just focus on my ment/fire gear, or should I be mentally preparing myself to find ment/psych or ment/druid gear as well?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have a bunch of combat skills maxed.

It should be easier to focus on a pair of skills then branching out in to multiple skill sets. There are cases where not having certain damage types readily available can cause problems for someone going solo. You will probably get a load of new gear when the Halloween event happens shortly. Also grouping up and hunting Manticore would also get you some better upgraded gear. Group dungeons and events give the better loot in equipment. I would suggest sticking with ment/fire if that is what you like and if you have feedback or suggestion that might improve the game and make it have the right level of challenge, they always welcome helpful feedback.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have 2 combat skills maxed. My eventual plan is to max a few more for fun, but since it took me over a year to get my first set maxed, that's a pretty long-range goal.

If you are enjoying fire/mentalism, no reason not to stick with it permanently. 50 is a bit of a rough spot for soloing right now - I'm sure that will improve as the game gets more development, but for now grouping like ShieldBreaker suggested may help. Also, even if you don't want to craft yourself, if you are able to come up with the raw materials, I'm sure you could find people with the crafting skills who would be happy to combine them for you. (E.g. http://wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/Leatherworking ). I have found the crafted gear to be very good, although the mods on it are random, of course, so it may take a few tries to get a really nice piece. The crafted gear level cut-offs are every 10 levels, so 10/20/30/40/50/60/70 , and once your fire magic reaches 50, you have the potential to get some really nice gear from crafting.

Edit: Just thinking - even if you don't want to do crafting in general, I'd definitely suggest picking up transmutation if you haven't yet. Sometimes, being able to change just one mod can turn an item from vendor junk to an upgrade...
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 10-23-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have hammer and mentalism to 60 and fire and druid to 50. Out of those 4 which are the 2 most effective combinations?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started out hammer(75)/ druid(70), was fun easy to take on few critters and although power consumption bit high for hammer it hits like a truck but lacking good AoE in both left me overpowered when too many aggroed on so i just switched altogether and started fire(71)/ ice(70) , wow what a difference, damage output high for both across the bar single or AoE, ice has mitigation and also cold mitigation add the coldrend potion my ice magic outshines fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have (& use) multiple maxed combat skills as some mobs (especially bosses) are immune to some damage types. This is particularly common in Gazluk Keep (GK). If group members can't effectively damage a boss, then a wipe becomes more common. Sadly, different skill sets also means you get to carry 2 sets of gear.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't there gear that can give Hammer AoE? There's gear that does that for Unarmed.

...It's so good that I really don't ever take it off.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Isn't there gear that can give Hammer AoE? There's gear that does that for Unarmed.

...It's so good that I really don't ever take it off.
    There is one natural AoE ability to hammer and another 2 can be modded to AoE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have on my hammer gear the one that hits multiple opponents for Pound to Slag .

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I only have 5 or 6 maxed combat skills spread between 2 chars. At some point I wasn't able to unlock any more combat skills (although I'd like to but cash limitations...) and I focused on the craft skills. I have fire magic, ice magic, staff, battle chemistry, mentalism, necromancy and unarmed to 70 atm but on 2 different chars so I pretty much settled on fire+staff on one char, UA+mentalism on the other, these seem the most suitable combos for my playstyle...till i have the cash to try out more combos

Thread Footer