Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

State of the game and looking into 2017

Basicly can we have a quick update about the state of the game and what to expect in 2017?

P.s the new forum is looking great!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well from what was posted so far, w ecan expect gui update (in liek 2-3 months), BC mods revison, Implementation of Bard skill (if i understood last blog post correctly), new zone along with increase lv cap to 70, revision of all animal forms mods, possibly implementign faye race. Not sure of steam launch is planne dfor thsi year, but i think with lv 70cap, and updated GUI we woudl be good to go (amount of content alredy in game is enough for several month of plyatime... maybe even years).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i would not recommend a steam release without the gui and grafics update.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, thats why it still wasnt relased. Well i dont knwo about graphisc (its not TAHT bad imo... tough i unbderstand that there are many ppl out there for whom its unberable), but gui could really use some work. Well, we will see in 2-3 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also seem to be working on balancing the skills a bit better, I guess mostly cause of the lvl 70 content that they will be adding.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're releasing on Steam as an Early Access title, correct? There's a wide range of functionality in the content on Steam that falls into that category, and Project: Gorgon would rate near the top of that list in my opinion. Unlike some competing quality Early Access titles with little direct competition, PG will be compared to other non-Early Access MMOs on Steam however, and many of those are going to be F2P or B2P.

This game is unique enough in what it tries to do that it stands a good chance of succeeding, but you're right in suggesting a more formal 'state of the game' style post. The timing is right; it's the end of 2016, the Indiegogo campaign just wrapped up... and that kind of post would provide something to reference throughout 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If they can get that new gui out along with bard that new area and a new dungeon or 2 I think it will do fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I believe with an interview they just had with Massively OP, Steam launch should be expected early 2017, or perhaps around mid-point (most likely). With the funds from the Indiegogo campaign helping to subsidize the art of the game, hopefully we'll see it sooner than later. Despite saying that though, a stable launch is very important for a game's reputation, and while I don't believe Project Gorgon will have the huge server issues, some people may not be able to handle the graphics as they are now (as some have pointed out). Therefore, waiting until the game is more or less in its prime state may be a good idea, especially for those who've already invested so much time and effort into this game. I wouldn't mind waiting until late 2017, or even early 2018 to be honest.

I'll put the link to the interview below in case you guys didn't read it!
    http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/02/na...eric-heimburg/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, liek i said - in terms of content PG is good to go imo. MAin "problems" right nwo are outdated graphic (i say it again, form they are ok, but there are not many peopel as forgivgn in terms of graphic as me out there) adn gui (wchih is imo bigger problem than graphic).

Othere hing im concerned about is if game cna handle large number of players in begginer zones. I rember around last kickstarter when we got HUGE influx of new players(we had over 200 palyers online at times), there often were problems withs mobs. Tehre simple wasnt enough of them for new players.

As example - 2 players are enough to clear whole hill with this elite rakkies soldiers (olmora? or somethign like that). Similar with other good huntign grounds liek panthers and orcs in kur

So yeh i think some adjustments to monster density and spawn rates could be made, New dungeon on newbie inslad can help a littel, but seriusly i dont think it would be enough if we hed loits of newbies on stema launch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    well from what was posted so far, w ecan expect gui update (in liek 2-3 months), BC mods revison, Implementation of Bard skill (if i understood last blog post correctly), new zone along with increase lv cap to 70, revision of all animal forms mods, possibly implementign faye race. Not sure of steam launch is planne dfor thsi year, but i think with lv 70cap, and updated GUI we woudl be good to go (amount of content alredy in game is enough for several month of plyatime... maybe even years).
    Oh nice! I've been waiting on the Fairies, I'm so glad they'll be coming out soon-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryatzu View Post
    Well i would not recommend a steam release without the gui and grafics update.
    Agreed on that. Especially for a game with that much PvE and role-play elements, it's a big immersion breaker.
    I think that the feeling of being part of the game is very important, rather than always being reminded that you are playing a game.

Thread Footer