Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Is game difficulty at the right spot?

Recently I had a conversation with another long-time player, about bosses that have been soloed, and how hard are those that have not been. Also, I read a newspaper article claiming game difficulty was raising in general.

This made me wonder if PG is a at the right spot in term of difficulty. I know it's not the primary concern currently, we are in alpha: development and bug fixes come first, balance later.

However, I know all mobs and bosses outside Gazluk Keep (GK) can be soloed, and several mini-bosses inside GK can be soloed as well. So I'd say the game difficulty is at the right spot at least at high-level, perhaps slightly too easy (but I like difficult, bear with me ). I guess that, if one of the GK bosses could be soloed, that would put it definitely in the "too easy" category. But what if they can be duoed?

As I have leveled in the past, I think the difficulty has be quite spot-on overall. But of course nobody tries low-level bosses with a full suit of augmented yellow gear at the level intended for them. I wonder how people who are playing at what's currently 'mid-level" feel about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's like any MMO - your class largely determines the difficulty of the content.

It actually works out pretty well; if you want a challenge, try a more unusual build - if you'd like to be able to steamroll content, you can pick up a popular build.

If memory serves, I believe spiders can solo the majority of the bosses at the moment - awhile ago, you used to be able to spam bite as a lycan and burn through wolf cave with no problems whatsoever. Balance changes, but you'll always be able to find builds with an edge - and if you're looking for an easier experience, it makes sense to follow suit with those builds.

In some capacity, the difficulty is in the player's hands.

Thread Footer