Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Character Custimatzion

I know this game is in alpha but I was wondering about the character creator. Right now it is fine but is Citan going to add more to it closer to launch and if so will the people who have already created a character get some kind of Appearance change potion like FF14 or will we have to reroll. I love the game to death and even backed the game yesterday so I am in for the long haul but the character creator is the only thing I find lacking. Which is fine for a game in alpha. I expect that. I however do like to look different from everyone else in a MMO. Its going to break immersion if there are hundreds of people looking like me running around.

I know immersion and role playing is what they are going for because when I died a few times in a row I got a message box that told me to hop to walk only. With quation marks over the fact that this was only a role playing aspect and I don't really need to hop to move around.

I don't know if anyone has these same concerns or if Citan has mentioned in the past. I was just curious is all. I will play the game regardless of course they got me hooked

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From Game updates/2016-07-23
    Hairs and Beards

Humans and elves now have some new hairstyle options. In addition, human males have two beard options. These are just to help flesh out the character-creation process a bit -- they're not the full set of available options we'll have in the final game. When we have the final character artwork done, we'll add a way for existing players to revise their appearance (e.g. a "barber" GUI). That will be some months from now, though. In the meantime, expect surprises and changes as we get everything integrated. Even this batch of hairstyles will be revised to fix some small flaws.
    Speaking of surprises: human males, I have some awkward news: do you remember how, during character creation, there was a beard button but no beards actually showed up? Well, you were actually choosing between several invisible beards. But those beards are now visible! So... you might log in and suddenly have a beard. Likewise, the "beard color" button really did work... you just couldn't tell what color it was picking because the beards were invisible. So your spontaneous beard will have a completely arbitrary color.
    Sorry about that! As mentioned above, there will eventually be a way to revise your appearance. These are just Alpha Woes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot

Thread Footer