Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubberbanding / lag

I am assuming that most people are affected by rubberbanding and lag? My character seems to teleport backwards and such in certain areas and I am also getting really bad freezing for a split second. I was wondering if anyone else is suffering from this or if it's just me. And lastly, is there is any effort to help solve this in the near future? This makes the game virtually unplayable for me.

gtx 970

8gb 1600 ram

amx fx 8320
    Last edited by master1g; 09-24-2017 at 01:38 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If this is happening today, check the announcements as the server is being relocated and there may be issues while things settle down.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you're talking about these issues being persistent for more than the last day or so, then to answer your question: no, generally lag and rubberbanding is rare. It could be an issue with your internet, the route your internet takes to our server or something else. We'd need more information and confirmation that you've already checked out the support sticky thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the only game it happens in. I dealt with it on the island, but when I noticed it still going on when I got to the main world I kind of gave up on it. Like I said I have no other problems with other online games. I'll take a look at the sticky, but I was hoping someone else may have had this problem already and knew a fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been unplayably brutal for me the past two weeks. Sometimes it's my own connection for sure, though, but I can't really hope to fight with ping rates of 4k+

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Guys, thanks for the feedback, but we need more to go on than "rubberbanding/lag". This is a dirty word among MMO developers because it's meaningless. There are a thousand things that players call lag, rubberbanding, etc. But they aren't all the same problem and they don't have the same solution. Without specific details, we can't fix anything. So please tell us exactly what you're experiencing. I can tell there are at least two utterly different issues in this thread alone.

First, know that there is no player rubberbanding. (It's been disabled for over a year, and we aren't turning it back until other development is closer to finished.) That means that the server never moves your character without your client telling it to. In other words, if your character doesn't seem to move when you direct it to, or or moves erratically, that is never due to the network. It's always, 100%, due to the game client, and usually due to bad framerate. So if that's the symptom you're seeing, the first thing to ask is, what is your framerate when this happens? Turn on the FPS meter so you can tell us. Turn down the graphics settings and see if it continues.

If it's something else, we really need to know what actual symptoms you're seeing. Are you seeing monsters skate back and forth along the ground? Monsters, unlike players, can be moved erratically by the server. But if you see that happening often, it's not likely to be your personal connection to the game -- that would probably be on our end. Our ISP has been doing work so that's entirely plausible, but we'd need to be able to give them specifics to help them fix it.

Another case is that monsters stop moving or slow down fighting, like they become stuck in mud. That could definitely be due to your network connection. To track that down, we'd need to know your ping to the server, what country you're connecting from, and if you experience other corroborating symptoms, like a very slow login from the character-select screen. It might not be something we can fix right now, especially if you're on a different continent from us.

But it might not be networking at all. It could be due to a bug related to your specific character or account -- we've seen that too during alpha. There's a ton of other possibilities. All options are on the table, but we can't fix "lag". We can only fix bugs.

The more specific you can be, the better. Thanks!

Thread Footer