Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamwagon View Post
    I have sent a help request both through the shop (yesterday) AND through the email you provided alleryn (today).

So far I have gotten no response, but I will update this post when I do get one.
    You sound very annoyed, angry even. Why did you buy something when you weren't sure how you were going to get it?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    (I'm just going to say this preemptively: Let's keep it polite!)

@Spamwagon Give us a little bit to answer that e-mail - we've got a hotfix in progress right now. If you haven't heard anything back in a reasonable amount of time, please feel free to send me an angry reminder e-mail: sandra@projectgorgon.com. I may not be able to answer your e-mail, but I will go kick the appropriate person until something happens.

Edit: Silvonis, just below, has more info than me - probably better to listen to him.
    Last edited by srand; 01-14-2020 at 02:49 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you purchased a package from the old Gorgon Shop, we manually delivered keys (a long time ago) to the email used to purchase the package. If you purchase(d) a package from the current Gorgon Shop, the system automates delivery through email. Once received, the key is redeemed in-game.

Currently, as per the Gorgon Shop website:

Delivery: You will receive an email that has your package key code included via attachment. You can also find this key code in your Gorgon Shop account page, under "Downloads". You can currently redeem your key code in-game by heading to the city of Serbule. Once there, go to the WELL near the city center. In a nearby building, look for the teal-colored golem labeled "Account Package Manager". Talk to this golem to redeem your key code. Please fill out any requested information. Special Note: The title reward will be applied after the next full-service maintenance period.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I am NOT angry, lol, I bought this doodad more than 2 years ago and haven't really worried about it - just kind of decided I should probably ask, because I was thinking about playing the game again.

2. I appreciate everyone here who is trying to help me - Alleryn, Shieldbreaker, Srand, Silvonis - all of you are going out of your way to help, it is not lost on me - and it shows just how high quality the general "character" is around here.

3. What I was trying to convey by saying that I will update the post isn't that that the "clock is ticking" . It was that I will update this post with hopefully useful data on how to fix this issue in the future for any further occurrences (rare as they might be).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Currently, as per the Gorgon Shop website:

Delivery: You will receive an email that has your package key code included via attachment. You can also find this key code in your Gorgon Shop account page, under "Downloads". You can currently redeem your key code in-game by heading to the city of Serbule. Once there, go to the WELL near the city center. In a nearby building, look for the teal-colored golem labeled "Account Package Manager". Talk to this golem to redeem your key code. Please fill out any requested information. Special Note: The title reward will be applied after the next full-service maintenance period.
    Thank you for this, but that information was already available in the forums and on the website and isn't pertinent because I did not receive my code. It's a horse of a different color.

I was worried about this from the get-go, back in 2017 - as evidenced by this thread.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1. I am NOT angry, lol [...]
    Yeah, I was trying to be funny with the 'angry reminder' line, but I don't think it came through at all. Sorry about that.
    (And for a while it was 'angry remainder e-mail', which I presume means you can attach a piece of carpet.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today I received instructions on how to activate my pack. They included a Steam Key for the client (which I don't need - bought it separately), a "Special" key, and a form to fill out utilizing said "special" key.

I have filled out the form and followed the instructions - about 8 hours ago. So far I haven't seen any change in my game character. Do I just need to wait, or did I do something wrong?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    More complicated then I thought, see next 2 posts.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 02-04-2020 at 02:39 AM. Reason: I was wrong

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today I received instructions on how to activate my pack. They included a Steam Key for the client (which I don't need - bought it separately), a "Special" key, and a form to fill out utilizing said "special" key.

I have filled out the form and followed the instructions - about 8 hours ago. So far I haven't seen any change in my game character. Do I just need to wait, or did I do something wrong?
    If the package came with a Steam key, then it's one of the pre-Steam packages. Those are not automated like the new packages. They have to be manually applied to the account by the devs. It will take a little time for that to happen.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The old pre-Steam packages from over a year ago, like the one you bought, have to be manually processed and imported, which I do just before a game update -- which in this case is a weeks from now. (This manual processing step is why we switched systems!) I'm sorry it takes a while, but none of the benefits of the packages are in-game yet, so you aren't missing out on anything.

(Edit: unless your package has a title, which IS implemented, but still doesn't happen until the next game update, regardless of which system you bought from. Titles have to be baked into the game client so they happen alongside Steam patches.)
    Last edited by Citan; 02-04-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Thread Footer