Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loot frequency and game style

I have noticed that no matter how much i am trying to explain to people that this is not a solo game they mostly prefer to hunt alone (thats sad btw). of course it is soloable for the most part but its not a solo game. Almost all solo players are undergeared and underleveled. Add to that the changes brought about in the new Augmentation and transmutation skills and of course the fact its an alpha and the population is very thin it is almost impossible to do certain things.

Gaz keep is deserted for the most part and work on augmentation is very difficult if not impossible for the last 10 levels.

Is it possible to consider making armor and weapon drops on mobs outside dungeons/ non elite mobs more frequent?

I am hunting gaz now (also in the caves) but not in GK cause i cant solo it or hunt it in very small groups due to respawns and there are not enough high level players around who want to team up and all i get besides non gear loot is jewelry. Armor and weapons are almost not dropping not to mention good ones.
    Co-Guildmaster of the Guardians of Asgard and a veteran MMORPG player

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that also to be true, people on in guild but mention to go to GK or Lab, maybe hit manticores people busy doing their own things, hmm....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it difficult to group even when I have people willing, because I have to stop and throw things overboard all the time. Then if I'm playing with someone who is searching for something else, we have to search through each other's pile of junk and if they think I won't share what they need, they'll skip out right quick.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short run solution would have to be more armor/weapon usable loot drops besides bosses/chests on all levels but In the long run I would like to see a way to make people group up. You are torally right about dumping stuff and going to hunt @Crissa. Because everyone is doing everything they are all hamstering and hoarding everything they loot. (I guess most also dont realize that if you are hunting and killing elite mobs everyone gets their fair share of dropped junk)

I am not sure why game play changed so much and people dont want to group up. Maybe its something to do with the gameplay style of young people (being pretty old myself ) I remember that in the 18 years that i play MMOs people always grouped up. I hope certain mmos (not naming not to create war) and the unfriendly gameplay there in the past few years didnt make people think we are all evil and hoarding or even that everyone turned into anti social online players

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see in the long run that people find good reason to group up and that there would be a way to make sure they can find others to group up with and also manage their inv and crafting/quest items better in order to join groups. I think a lot depends on a good game/guild board and information system (not only a motd of 256 chars) to leave messages/plan dungeon runs/ ask for group and help

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that getting good loot in GK is an excellent reason to group at that level. But we find ourselves in a (temporary) situation where the population is basically split in 3 categories:

• High-level olders that have farmed GK ad-nauseum and are working on recent skill content, playing alts in the new low level content, whatever.
    • Intermediate players that managed to get to 70 with semi-decent gear and can do anything except GK (and therefore, don't do it).
    • New players.

This is of course a raw picture. But the number of intermediate players seems too thin to sustain teams in GK, and we must wait for new high-level content for them to group with full-geared veterans and become ones.

This said, if GK is doable with three players with your power, what's needed is a little bit of organisation, and advertising groups in advance. The "need to clear inventory" is no longer a problem if you know the day and time the event is happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I play mostly solo and I would love to have an opportunity to get some 70 lvl gear other than GK.

My biggest issue with group dungeons is that I have a macbook, which is not the best laptop for gaming without dedicated GPU. Going to a dungeon with a group of people who use AOE which have big sparkly effects just causes me to lag so much my game becomes unplayable. I totally understand that this is not the fault of the game and it has not been optimised yet. I don't think it should be a requirement for people to be playing in parties to get high lvl gear. Even if this is not a 'solo game' there are other ways of team playing and sharing (e.g. crafting for each other, group quests, poetry reading). It does not have to be hunting together in my opinion. So I support adding some higher lvl solo content or just increasing the drop of orc armor on surface :-) But as everything, we just have to wait and all of the issues will be solved in time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Population doesn't support grouping. Was in random groups when I started, in the Crypts, and in the Goblin dungeon, but even those are pretty dead these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see between 30-60 people online on Euro hours who do not want to group even though they are asked and explained from the beginning as new players. they just dont want to group and i am not talking only about GK. I spent the last 4 months arranging groups for people almost against their will to help THEM gear up and level. I do not understand what that means really

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You could add tools to the GUI to help grouping. You could put all the good stuff in dungeons so that grouping is beneficial. But, in the end, if players don't like it then they will keep playing solo. It's a population vs. game style problem, and trying to fix will only generate more post requests for easier soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowina View Post
    Is it possible to consider making armor and weapon drops on mobs outside dungeons/ non elite mobs more frequent?
    See what I mean?

Thread Footer