Welcome to Project: Gorgon!


Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.



User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 149
  1. #41
    Senior Member Khaylara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    133 (1,261 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atis View Post
    That tax thingie, how is it supposed to work in case of somebody keeping his prices high, selling nothing, yet occupying a good spot for months because entrance fee is insignificant?
    A shop that doesn't sell usually shuts down, if someone doesn't make a profit (and as result doesn't pay tax) for a number of days, the shop should be shut down and up for rent again.

    @Tagamogi-you don't need to collect your items and store them, the retail NPC keeps them for you till you re-open the stall.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Tagamogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    719 (1,801 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    you don't need to collect your items and store them, the retail NPC keeps them for you till you re-open the stall.
    I'm thinking more of a scenario where i find something new that I know I'd like to sell, but I don't have a vendor stall currently rented. As far as I know, I can't give new items to the retail NPC to hang onto until the next time I open a store. My store actually cleans out pretty well when I run it, so anytime I re-open I may have 4-5 leftover pieces from the last time and then I usually have to get 20-some brand-new items from somewhere in order to make running the store worthwhile.

  3. #43
    Member Atis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    296 (0 Banked)
    And if the price was high, then what happens if all the venders are empty?
    Why would they be empty? The rest work as usual, only some dudes are taking some cool spots near entrance with prices nobody would pay.

    There are cases where every price/tax point breaks. That's why it's silly to think there's one true balance point.
    Yay, some vague life wisdom that never works.

    A shop that doesn't sell usually shuts down
    Why?

  4. #44
    Senior Member Khaylara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Points
    133 (1,261 Banked)
    @Tagamogi-I misunderstood
    @Atis-why? Because that's how businesses work, you can't sell=you're out.

  5. #45
    Member HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    47 (379 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowina View Post
    I dont know if you all noticed but the community is changing. As a permanent player vendor owner I am feeling that the market is becoming very slow. Maybe more people are becoming more self sufficient or using different skills but in general sales are very very low. I would really like for you Citan to tell me what you think about lowering our rent during the alpha since keeping up with paying almost 8k daily and not selling a thing its a bit too much. Yes there is always the option of leaving the shop and coming back later but I would like to keep my spot at the first hall near Tadion if that is going to be possible since the game as it is still isnt launched. In regular circumstances I would understand it if you would say that I should give someone else the chance to be selling in that room but at this point with such low population it doesn't really matter where you are standing. we are all experiencing an ebb in sales
    Perhaps if you didn't have 2 vendors, located in the front room you wouldn't be feeling the crunch of 240,000c a month in rent. The mechanic that you have gripe with is performing as it should. It is draining your income to have two of the best spots around. The fact that you are lobbying to get your rent reduced just shows the danger of monopolies. I always laughed about how easy it was to make sales in this game since there was no sales tax. Lower your prices and sell items that people want or take a 10 day break on vending and the rate returns to a more sustainable amount.

    The economy is simply experiencing a summer lull. I am pulling about 50k a day after a break of a few months. 8k on 50k is 16% . So i pay a premium of 16% on my goods to be able to go out and locate more goods to sell instead of having to stop gaming and deal with people in trade channel.

    One thing that I did notice is that that spawn rates need to be reduced, OR demand of some items needs to increase. This can be achieved by increasing the useuage of items. My example items are spruce and Tundra Lichen. They both used to be somewhat hard to find on player stalls (for reasonable prices). Currently stacks of spruce go for 150 instead of the 175+ from the beginning of summer
    %. Tundra Lichen hasnt dropped below 250 from what I have seen but there are vendors with large stacks of the item. A few months ago this item was in the 250-350 range and people didnt have huge amounts of it. I hate to say it but perhaps we need more bone breaking monsters in the game.

    We are watching items deflate in value due to excessive supply. (bat guano used to be 16k per item, recently I bought a stack for 2k, left it in guild chest, and it has gone untouched)

    Another good way of keeping supply low would be to introduce mold risk on organic items and brittleness increase on non living items. if someone has items that are past 30 days old their is a risk of losing the item. The fact that we can store food items for indefinite amounts of time with out risk of loss is... well, to me silly. I took a long break and when i came back all my food was fine. Its not like I was storing it in the crypt where underground storage could act like a pantry.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Tagamogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    725
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    719 (1,801 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    One thing that I did notice is that that spawn rates need to be reduced, OR demand of some items needs to increase. This can be achieved by increasing the useuage of items. My example items are spruce and Tundra Lichen. They both used to be somewhat hard to find on player stalls (for reasonable prices). Currently stacks of spruce go for 150 instead of the 175+ from the beginning of summer
    %. Tundra Lichen hasnt dropped below 250 from what I have seen but there are vendors with large stacks of the item. A few months ago this item was in the 250-350 range and people didnt have huge amounts of it. I hate to say it but perhaps we need more bone breaking monsters in the game.
    It seems to me that you are trying to adjust the economy here to benefit your store. ( No offense intended, I think I'm doing the same.) This actually sounds like a good argument against fixed-price stall rents to me: You need to be able to sell items for a certain amount in order to make running the store worthwhile and as items fluctuate in value, it may no longer be worth stocking them if their selling price can't compensate for the store rent.

    Another good way of keeping supply low would be to introduce mold risk on organic items and brittleness increase on non living items. if someone has items that are past 30 days old their is a risk of losing the item. The fact that we can store food items for indefinite amounts of time with out risk of loss is... well, to me silly. I took a long break and when i came back all my food was fine. Its not like I was storing it in the crypt where underground storage could act like a pantry.
    Please, no. Yes, it would be realistic. Yes, it would be a great money sink. No, having to continuously restock everything isn't fun, and I suspect would deter players from coming back after a break.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Sheawanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    454 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post


    Please, no. Yes, it would be realistic. Yes, it would be a great money sink. No, having to continuously restock everything isn't fun, and I suspect would deter players from coming back after a break.
    I so agree , although realistic most players would most likely find another game if that were to happen .

  8. #48
    Junior Member Rowina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    262 (0 Banked)
    Dear mr HR, There is no economy at the moment. having 2 stores is my own business and has its reasons. every morning (my time) when 2 or 3 spots open in the main room i announce it in global chat. unlike you i am trying to make the whole game benefit from good changes while you are benefitting your own pocket. but thats not new as we all know. welcome back btw
    Co-Guildmaster of the Guardians of Asgard and a veteran MMORPG player

  9. #49
    Junior Member lileth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    US
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    219 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I don't think the gem stalls have disappeared because of the rent though, I suspect players just got tired of surveying all the time.
    I was selling on average 1,200 gems a week for the months I had my stall. I still survey, but what I don't do now is survey so that 1 or 2 players can purchase most of my gems, mark them up and then resell them to others. My friend that was an active surveyor is busy in rl so the market lost 2 of it's most active old lady surveyors at the same time.

  10. #50
    Junior Member Nightz2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Points
    127 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Perhaps if you didn't have 2 vendors, located in the front room you wouldn't be feeling the crunch of 240,000c a month in rent. The mechanic that you have gripe with is performing as it should. It is draining your income to have two of the best spots around. The fact that you are lobbying to get your rent reduced just shows the danger of monopolies. I always laughed about how easy it was to make sales in this game since there was no sales tax. Lower your prices and sell items that people want or take a 10 day break on vending and the rate returns to a more sustainable amount.

    The economy is simply experiencing a summer lull. I am pulling about 50k a day after a break of a few months. 8k on 50k is 16% . So i pay a premium of 16% on my goods to be able to go out and locate more goods to sell instead of having to stop gaming and deal with people in trade channel.
    If you've played in the past few months, you'd notice that the "front" vendor spots have opened up various times. There aren't many that actually keep their spot these days. I've let my "front" vendors go a few times now and I have gotten one of those spots again and again. Regardless of where I've had my vendor, I 've had no issues selling anyway. If you stock certain things often enough, players will come back to you.

    The economy is constantly changing. Players are coming and going, new and old. Some of the veteran high level players can stock up on just about anything they want to, so yeah, some items will be less rare nowadays. Obvious reason, the longer you play, the more you can accumulate, especially ones focused on certain items they know that sell well. There's always a few items that stay pretty stable in the market. (ie: Stomachs for instance)

    Just my 2¢ =)



Thread Footer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •