Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several methods to control cold. If you have the proper supplies you can hunt for hours in the cold with little to no hassle. You don't even need a full suit of winter gear. Potions, meditation, a few emergency fires and one or two pieces of winter gear...usually boots and gloves and you're good to go. Acquiring these items are not difficult.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I generally just use emergency fires and potions of cold prot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was gifted an appropriate cold gear set not even a month into game, and have turned Kur Inn into my home base since then. I don't even use winter gear anymore now that I have a good understanding of where ALL the permanent fires/dwellings/dungeons to shelter from cold are. I have no problem running/flying from any of the main drops to any other locations. Gazluk is a challenge to get around in still since the map is massive, but that is an expected challenge for the highest level area currently in game. If you run fire magic, use cold gear, take advantage of potions, snow raven form, etc. etc. I don't see any reason why you can't reach every available area in game. It may be difficult, and you might not find it "fun", but it really doesn't hinder players past a certain level THAT much....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like the cold/thirst problems. They add a lot of character to the zones.

And frankly, after awhile they just aren't a problem. Cold resist potions, a set of winter gear, and knowing where the camp fires, caves, and yellow crystals are allows you to top off your heat and it goes down very slow.

Gazluk and Kur are also much better zones for resources, which is balanced by a harsher enviroment. Lots of wood, and metals. Lichen worth 200 each. Higher level mushrooms and flowers. Just roaming these zones can be a cashcow. And in Gazluk you have all the glowing yellow crystals for mining. Resources are balanced by the cold.
    Last edited by Mikhaila; 03-28-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah thanks for the advice. I did try using that cold protection, but didn't notice a difference. I will try it again now that it's level 5. I really want to explore Gaz but ya it seems colder there haha....I will try to find that cold protection scroll. I didn't finish the red crystal dungeon yet.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could you be considering Kur if you don't know where the red crystal dungeon is? O-o It's level 15.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know where the crystal dungeon is (I make sour cream there)...just not much into dungeons haha...
    Last edited by Baldrith; 04-02-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. It's super-short. If you get the poison or nature resistance potions, it's basically easy to waltz through at level. Otherwise, you have to make sure you don't get overwhelmed by those slugs.

Thread Footer