Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Animal Handling & Grouping (and some random thoughts)

While waiting for the next patch, I tried to get my skills up to snuff for a new series of videos to demonstrate problems with the class. There are, however, things I can just describe to make them clear enough.

On grouping:

The biggest problem for Animal Handling in groups right now is erratic behavior:

Take Dark Chapel, one member of the group pulls, one of the beholder-type mobs (forgot the name, there are similar ones in the Goblin dungeon) shoots an AOE Fireball and my pet runs in.

Put pulls everything at the next intersection, wipe.

This is a problem, because it makes Animal handlers a security risk in higher level dungeons, where the group relies on good pulling strategies to survive, or when the firepower is barely enough to handle small packs.

This happens in all modes except for "Stay". The pet even runs in if it's set to "Follow".

On control:

If your pet aggros onto something and you want it to aggro another mob, the only way to accomplish it is to have the pet set to "Assist" and attack yourself - and then hope nothing else hits the pet before it reaches the new enemy, which is unlikely. As soon as it's hit, it rotates on the spot to retaliate.

On runspeed:

Pets are extremely slow. Even with only 5 sprint, I lose it all the time and it gets beamed to me. Pets should have the runspeed their master has.

When you send your pet in to attack, it wanders over casually as if to give the monster a friendly slap on the shoulder. It should get a sprint boost on Sic Em use, or as long as it's in combat and fighting for it's life (and that of their master).

On possible bandaids:

Give us a "stop and return to user" button. It has to be a button, because cycling through the modes in the pet control window takes too long and then it's too late and your group wipes and hates you.
    Last edited by kazeandi; 08-14-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Thread Footer