Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can gear up to have a pet tanking, just not any of them, and it won't be the best tank. See my post: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ll=1#post11175.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    You can gear up to have a pet tanking, just not any of them, and it won't be the best tank. See my post: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ll=1#post11175.
    you say this, but as someone who has all pieces of gear setup for pet, a lvl 60 hissy cant even do well in goblin dungeon, sure 1 at a time vs a solo goblin if you can hopefully bodypull before pet gets stupid and dives into a room full of mobs, problem is... pets are beyond retarded, you fight 5 mobs it hits each mob 1 time each and cycles through them all instead of focusing, you have no way to EVER force it to focus one target, try out the red area with a pet.... you cant. pet hits crystal 1 time then spins around being stupid and waiting to die instead of hitting the ONE thing that you want it to attack. As i said before all of my gear is pet focused, i have 2 pieces that also add knife fighting to include pet, KF has outdamaged pet since lvl 20, pet refused to even keep attacking mobs, hits once ... then runs back to you and wont attack again unless you order it like 5 times to attack, by then you are dead because pet aggro is so wonky you can stand next to pet and do NOTHING and you still gain aggro over your pet. Add in the fact if you do manage to kill something pet continues to attack a dead body for 5-10 seconds making you count as still in combat so you cant regen power, slowing you, or your party down to a crawl, and if a miracle happens and your pet attacks then it dies... ok well yeah you can revive, I have a 42% chance to revive pet.... 27 kits later im running back to a town to pay to have a the stupid thing revived. thats not just bad rng, considering it costs a kit it should be 100%. If for some reason the stars align and it doesnt die and attacks something then... ohh wait you doing NOTHING and the mob comes after you... even with your pet doing +200% aggro for its damage and your not doing anything except maybe a single wild endurance and the initial sic em, ok cool this ability called get it off me, does nothing except switch your pet from assist to guard mode (contrary to what it says) or doesn't even do that if for some reason your pet is 20.01 meters away but it DOES waste power and go on CD just like every other ability
    Last edited by Vyanie; 07-08-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyanie View Post
    As i said before all of my gear is pet focused
    Not all gear mods are created equal.

What mods do you have, exactly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    every piece has some form of the following, increase direct damage with each attack, sic em boosts pets slashing, armor absorbency, enthusiasm, recover armor every 5 seconds, pet taunt as if they did additional damage, max hp, max armor and bypass mitigation, if i hit a mob 3 times i will ALWAYS have aggro over the pet, and it cant get it back. my knife is now 45 and MUCH higher damage than my 60 hissy, with almost no mods on knife. the damage difference with bear is even worse and it only takes 1 -2 hits and i have aggro. rat is.... just ........ bad. If it is a boss type mob, say flower child in sunvale if I am standing NEAR the mob while pet is attacking the mob will stop attacking pet and focus on me when the only 2 skills I have used, once each were wild endurance and the pet heal.

even better, how many other skills just refuse to work? like a pet that refuses to attack? or stops attacking in the middle of a fight to come back to you and sit there until mob hits it 5-8 times until it goes "ohh im getting hit maybe i should hit back?!" or the always fun, hit sic em 10 times pet still refuses to leave your feat.... ok fine go and attack mob yourself 1 time and pet is unable to ever pull aggro from you again. The most ive been up to between sic em and clever trick trying to get my pet to attack something was 43 times.... wanted to see how long it would refuse to attack.
    Last edited by Vyanie; 07-12-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason the pet aggro seems to have been getting worse of the past few weeks. What i mean by pet aggro is the pet actively attacking a mob. it seems to only like to attack for 2-3 seconds now before comming back to you, taking massive damage along the way because it seems NONE of its defenses are activating (almost like its vulnerable). I WANT the damn pet to stick to mobs.... not come back to me like a retarded puppy, maybe im trying to be ranged with a pet, maybe im trying to duck out of a rage ability like an ogre breaking bones aoe garbage...... the fact that the pet disengages and follows me until i hit an ability then hits the mob once and spins around doing nothing, or turns around and comes back to me yet AGAIN is ludicrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyanie View Post
    every piece has some form of the following, increase direct damage with each attack, sic em boosts pets slashing, armor absorbency, enthusiasm, recover armor every 5 seconds, pet taunt as if they did additional damage, max hp, max armor and bypass mitigation
    Try this: use Get It Off Me BEFORE you start the fight, set the pet manually to assist mode(don't worry about the duration, GIOF has 30 sec duration and CD, you can have 100% uptime), aggro the mob then use monstrous rage and sic 'em. Report results.

Btw, report how much bond level, happiness and enthusiasm your pets have. Iirc, one of the three is supposed to make this behaviour(coming back to you rather than continue attacking) either stop happening or only doing so very rarely, at high levels. It might be bugged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raviollius View Post
    Try this: use Get It Off Me BEFORE you start the fight, set the pet manually to assist mode(don't worry about the duration, GIOF has 30 sec duration and CD, you can have 100% uptime), aggro the mob then use monstrous rage and sic 'em. Report results.

Btw, report how much bond level, happiness and enthusiasm your pets have. Iirc, one of the three is supposed to make this behaviour(coming back to you rather than continue attacking) either stop happening or only doing so very rarely, at high levels. It might be bugged.
    I have tried get it off me before hand... Seems to be a waste of power. At the moment I have 3 different hissy for testing, one with almost Max bond and happiness, one middle of road and one that...hates life. All 3 have the exact same ai stupidity. For having to both cost more AND having way more to work on than other abilities I'm sorry pets are trash. Good example I send pet in to attack the desert slug, have it hit for 10+ seconds using sic em, and get off me, I then go in hit mob 3-5 times and I am now the 100% focus of the mob and nothing the pet can do will save me. In addition about half the time the damn pet just stops attacking and sits there looking stupid. I've tried swapping pets out and doing the fight with only pets....nope to much power drain and also after you dismiss first pet second cant get aggro back you die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's hella weird behavior, and likely something to do with KF itself doing too much aggro. You said it got even worse recently, and KF jus got a big buff with DoTs hitting harder in less time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raviollius View Post
    That's hella weird behavior, and likely something to do with KF itself doing too much aggro. You said it got even worse recently, and KF jus got a big buff with DoTs hitting harder in less time.
    Not so much since the kf buff but since the little patches. Pets should only stop attacking if you specifically tell them to. ATM pets have worse AI than mobs. Besides the AI being stupid a 60+ damage specific pet with literally all of the pet damage+ bypass mods and high to Max bond should not lose out in damage vs kf and 1-2 mods that is 20+ levels lower than it. Even worse try and bring the pet to a fast dungeon group, the thing being so slow, both in movement and to attack and the pet running away I have been told to swap AH to anything else or just use shrill command and desummon the pet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have recently come back to game. In pre alpha i was Necro/AH minion master and it was fine in open word/solo play but in groups/dungons as OP said its horrible. Pets are too slow and they dont have good stance for dungeons. I know its alpha and game have lags, but Can you pls give us temporary "be close to owner" stance so if pet go beyond 15-20m he teleports back to owner.

After two years this game still have lag and will have it (i never played mmo on unity without lag/desync). Im playing now Archer/BC and have new "experience" with this golem pet. So this pet is so slow he need to teleport back to me every few sec, but because of lags he teleport to me, but 30m behind so hes buffs like "haste conection" is useless, he throws it behiond on the ground. Pets need to have owner movemend speed + 30%, give it temporary and if you fix lags, you can always remove it.

My conclusion is pets are in really bad shape, I dont know what ideas you have to fix it, but you can always do temporary easy QoL fixes for players playing this game in alpha. And pets are big part of this game ~5 classes have it.

sry for my bad eng

Thread Footer