Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there been eny improvments to ah skill since last year,is it viable or still neglected,cas frankly if they would make it fun skill i would gladly return playing?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to add some stuff after going all in for AH. It started because I didnt think ANYTHING could work AH. I wanted to see how far I could take it. Everyone told me not to do it, and that the pet would just be a liability. But I've come to see it as a damage over time build that is strong single target DPS. And I am planning on gearing up a second AH build (eventually) because I like what it can do.

Looking at the pets Sic Em and Clever Trick is really important. These 2 skills are like two totally diverse abilities you can swap out with each pet. The best two IMO are the cats with a slashing debuff and the sewer rat with the poison debuff. Just because of the pet's temperament, it's place is in long fights. I'm not sure if people have noticed, but ALL NPC's will tend to swing at dead corpses. This is a non pet specific flaw. My build treats it like ranged slashing DPS. And the GK cat, for my build, blows hissy away. The GK cat debuffs slashing and only deals slashing, so the synergy with mentalism is practically screaming at you. If you get anchor runes, you can unload serious DPS vs bosses. You'll need at least two healing abilities for the pet at all times if you run with unnatural wrath, you can bring the heat. It's like having a second monstrous rage. Only problem is getting anchor runes and deciding which NPCs are worthy of burning one.

The other build I was thinking of was a poison knife build with the sewer rat with his poison debuff. AH would be more of a background type of ability, but it could work well. The build in total could debuff poison damage by ~50%, which is outrageous.

*edit*
    This post is glowing about AH but there are flaws:
    1) the drop rate of anchor runes is nuts. It's very boom or bust, but the bright side of the farm is you'll get so many WOP #3 's youll feel like a boss. But I'd honestly recommend work orders paying 700-800C per each.
    2) Pet aggro is bugged. I didnt test anything with aggro since the last patch, but the pet wouldnt hold aggro unless it has 90%+ aggro on the autopsy. This might be part of a bigger problem, I have seen % aggro on autopsies where the NPC's actual target did not match up in a fairly large admin-spawned event. I have not figured out a way to really test this because autopsy isnt 100%. (The issue I've seen is NPC attacks second highest aggro person vs the first).
    3) You cannot use any of the auto assist/ auto target features with sic 'em/clever trick because you'll get an error message "invalid target".
    Last edited by Mbaums; 12-23-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    I want to add some stuff after going all in for AH. It started because I didnt think ANYTHING could work AH. I wanted to see how far I could take it. Everyone told me not to do it, and that the pet would just be a liability. But I've come to see it as a damage over time build that is strong single target DPS. And I am planning on gearing up a second AH build (eventually) because I like what it can do.

Looking at the pets Sic Em and Clever Trick is really important. These 2 skills are like two totally diverse abilities you can swap out with each pet. The best two IMO are the cats with a slashing debuff and the sewer rat with the poison debuff. Just because of the pet's temperament, it's place is in long fights. I'm not sure if people have noticed, but ALL NPC's will tend to swing at dead corpses. This is a non pet specific flaw. My build treats it like ranged slashing DPS. And the GK cat, for my build, blows hissy away. The GK cat debuffs slashing and only deals slashing, so the synergy with mentalism is practically screaming at you. If you get anchor runes, you can unload serious DPS vs bosses. You'll need at least two healing abilities for the pet at all times if you run with unnatural wrath, you can bring the heat. It's like having a second monstrous rage. Only problem is getting anchor runes and deciding which NPCs are worthy of burning one.

The other build I was thinking of was a poison knife build with the sewer rat with his poison debuff. AH would be more of a background type of ability, but it could work well. The build in total could debuff poison damage by ~50%, which is outrageous.

*edit*
    This post is glowing about AH but there are flaws:
    1) the drop rate of anchor runes is nuts. It's very boom or bust, but the bright side of the farm is you'll get so many WOP #3 's youll feel like a boss. But I'd honestly recommend work orders paying 700-800C per each.
    2) Pet aggro is bugged. I didnt test anything with aggro since the last patch, but the pet wouldnt hold aggro unless it has 90%+ aggro on the autopsy. This might be part of a bigger problem, I have seen % aggro on autopsies where the NPC's actual target did not match up in a fairly large admin-spawned event. I have not figured out a way to really test this because autopsy isnt 100%. (The issue I've seen is NPC attacks second highest aggro person vs the first).
    3) You cannot use any of the auto assist/ auto target features with sic 'em/clever trick because you'll get an error message "invalid target".
    Yes thats what i dont like about this developers,if they even maked such complex skill then they should maked it worth using same as all other skillls and not putting it aside with every update and keeping it as a ghost skill which only disapoints new players thinking its a fun and worth skill,it was worth skill before theyy nerfed it without reason.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorstak View Post
    Yes thats what i dont like about this developers,if they even maked such complex skill then they should maked it worth using same as all other skillls and not putting it aside with every update and keeping it as a ghost skill which only disapoints new players thinking its a fun and worth skill,it was worth skill before theyy nerfed it without reason.
    I think we're misunderstanding each other. I'm saying I believed the anti-AH talk initially and saw it wasnt true. There are some rules Eric seems to follow with skills. Rule 1: "Easy to start, hard to finish" and Rule 2: "Skills meant for mid-to-late game (experienced) players". The experienced player skills would be like battle chem, fairly serious require to unlock it, requires a lot of council after that. AH is really easy to start and really hard to finish. You show up in town, pay some council and boom, you got the skill. Boring unlock, but simple. When you level it, you also have to level a pet, at when you switch pets you take a step back to take a step forward. I think over the past year AH saw a great deal of love with a change in their happiness system and pet crit rate. Overall, I think it's worth using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    I think we're misunderstanding each other. I'm saying I believed the anti-AH talk initially and saw it wasnt true. There are some rules Eric seems to follow with skills. Rule 1: "Easy to start, hard to finish" and Rule 2: "Skills meant for mid-to-late game (experienced) players". The experienced player skills would be like battle chem, fairly serious require to unlock it, requires a lot of council after that. AH is really easy to start and really hard to finish. You show up in town, pay some council and boom, you got the skill. Boring unlock, but simple. When you level it, you also have to level a pet, at when you switch pets you take a step back to take a step forward. I think over the past year AH saw a great deal of love with a change in their happiness system and pet crit rate. Overall, I think it's worth using.
    And thats why cas the skill is so worth ur not using it and not even playing the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone. I am new and liked the AH skill right away, despite what I had seen veterans saying about it in Global chat, etc. So, my main skillset is AH and Fire Magic, with Mentalism close behind these two, along with Psychology. I have Necro skill, but as yet I have not used it at all, because I am so distracted with a ton of other things and have a limited amount of time to commit, for now. I laugh because I am still online and playing Gorgon allot!

The following is a [/I]Personal Opinion[/I] and not a critique of anyone, or the methods they may prefer while grouping in a dungeon or blasting for Skill Experience. It is just what I have found so far, that works for me.

My personal "fix" to the erratic behavior of our AH Pets is to Guard Me, then watch the attack sequence - especially when there are adds. In my short time playing, I have only grouped a few times, with pet, but in these circumstances I have used Sleep button, to stay my Pet until I return to the area I want to battle in, then I hit Assist Button. Only after I have managed the pull I intend do I send in the pet to attack. In groups where another is pulling, I stay my pet until I can assist the one that most people are on. I know we all like AoE and Burst for the fast Experience this gives, but we lose learning tactical advantages by depending on these techniques, and therefore we do not advance a skill that can be really advantageous in a group, when using AH.

I have tried to use High Pet Taunt mods on items that I have found, so that it helps keep me alive to finish the fight. I am not always successful, but using Fire Magic usually works well to help with this. Bring them to The Fire Wall, watch them burn, while having a mod item that allows the Fire Wall to heal you, as well as one that boosts Fire Wall hit points. (In my limited experience, I have still found and kept items that have these advantages.)

If the battle is going badly and I am out of power or heal for pet, I dismiss pet, attempt to run out of range, recall pet and attack again... yes, this is allot of button pushing and situational awareness that most people would never want to bother with, as well as being only suitable for soloing.

Now, I am entering my third week, so feel free to scoff and bash at my newness, my ignorance. All I can tell you is yes, AH has a bad reputation from what others have mentioned in this thread, because we want to sit back and let the pets take us for a great ride. There have been some really good suggestions for making our pets better and I hope that some will be seriously considered, so that the people playing AH skill, will be rewarded for hanging in there.

I am hanging in there, while I continue to enjoy the Animal Handlers "Off Leash" Nightmare.

Enjoy the sunrises and celebrate the sunsets,

Solence

Thread Footer