Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When This Goes On Steam Does All The Favor I Have With Npc's Reset

just curious because I will probally rage quit if that happens

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what they say.

Goodbye.
    Last edited by kazeandi; 08-15-2017 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Can I have your stuff?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When the game goes early access on Steam nothing will change except the game will be in Beta phase of development. When the Game leaves Beta and officially launches then there will be a partial wipe, you keep your skills, most everything else gets reset including favor. If you prepare and consider with this in mind, you should be fully prepared for the shock when it comes. Knowledge is the key take away from playing the alpha, and nobody can't take that away from you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I've heard of a favor wipe mentioned by anyone other than players discussing it. I found a post by Silvonis on 4/9/17 (second paragraph) though:

As for the official stance on character wipes, this is it: "Characters will not be completely wiped at launch. We will be wiping some aspects of your characters, but not everything. In particular, we will be wiping items and money, but we won't be wiping most skill levels. Please note, this is subject to change as we progress through development."
    Bolding effect is mine. No direct mention of favor, but you never know.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    https://forum.projectgorgon.com/showthread.php?620-Please-clarify-Beta-Launch-for-us&p=5145&viewfull=1#post5145

Quote Originally Posted by Citan
    We are wiping items and probably NPC favor levels, possibly favor-quests... the exact list hasn't been decided. But what we have always said would NOT be wiped is skills. Your skill levels will continue into the live game. People who say otherwise are trolling you or are very confused.

(Edit: and we're not wiping things at Beta, only at launch. Beta will start when the game is on Steam Early Access -- relatively soon. Launch is when the game is out of early access -- probably late 2018.)
    Not definitive, but probable, direct from the dragons mouth on the later date 07-17-2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I stand corrected. My mistake was searching "wipe" then only looking at thread titles with "wipe" in it.

Thread Footer